The Communists Repent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Communists Repent

On that occasion, I publicly acknowledged “the deficiencies and one-sidedness of the left”, in which I played a prominent part, in demonising Mr Seaga, at the same as I advised against the opposite extreme of deifying this outstanding Jamaican leader. With the further passage of time, the exceptional and extraordinary contribution of Edward Seaga to Jamaica's modern development can no longer be questioned.
    https://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news...d-seaga_166133

For my part, I was raised to revere Mr Seaga’s nemesis, Michael Manley, and therefore, initially absorbed the copious anti-Seaga sentiment that was common currency in those precincts. But then, as life and experience have happened, I’ve had to on occasion stop and say to myself “Hey, wait a minute!”

Mr Seaga led at a time when it wasn’t possible to sit on the fence regarding some very fundamental issues. My admiration for Manley hasn’t ceased, but it has diminished with the recognition that in the late-’70s, he was ably steering the island off the rails. The economic facts are glaring, and facts don’t care about our feelings.
    http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/c...d-nuh-backside

Dude, you really think this make a difference? You think after all these decades people who have been believing Anancy and Duppy stories gonna have a "wait a minute moment? Just understand that you can bring the asses to the water .... you cannot force them to drink.

There is a biggest chance of you being called a "tribalist" than acknowledging what you presented.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Wha unnu a say, Seaga fi national hero inna T.G ?
      THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

It is really disgusting how those dinosaurs choose to rewrite history based on omission, it is in hope that history will be kind to them when they too breathe their last breath.
        Whereas I am sensitive to the mourning of love ones... ,we have to be truthful if there is real love for our country, Jamaica.
        The surface has barely been scratch regarding the atrocities committed by Seaga(it is beyond guessing), and anyone saying otherwise is either truly ignorant or totally indoctrinated.
        In any event, it is best that they keep their mouth shut!

Comment

I kind of suspected that Rock, these guys are praising Seaga hoping history will be kind to them.....ohhhhh please, Norman Manley was correct and history has vindicated him, even his own labarites will testify "something evil" has left Jamaica.

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir X View Post
            I kind of suspected that Rock, these guys are praising Seaga hoping history will be kind to them.....ohhhhh please, Norman Manley was correct and history has vindicated him, even his own labarites will testify "something evil" has left Jamaica.
            Crawford indicated that he was taught to hate Mr. Seaga ... we know say a nuh him alone got brainwashed. Bad habits die hard .... especially got those who grew up in a PNP house hold.
            "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

It's not that some hate Seaga,its that we want the truth presented on Seaga,give him credit and his criticism.

It seems the latter is offensive and political.

Comment

It's not that some hate Seaga,its that we want the truth presented on Seaga,give him credit and his criticism.

It seems the latter is offensive and political.
                Which truth? The PNP version used to demonize the man or the actual truth?

Comment

In everyone of the tributes , even the ones you solicited they hinted at his lust for blood.

Trevor Munroe:

The downside of Seaga's legacy remains his role in the development of 'zones of political exclusion', otherwise called 'garrison constituencies'

Thwaites:

Mr Seaga’s association with some very unsavoury characters is a matter of record

I guess some of us cant accept that , they only want to see seeds when they bud (impossible) ,not when they are planted in mud.

Comment

In everyone of the tributes , even the ones you solicited they hinted at his lust for blood.

Trevor Munroe:

The downside of Seaga's legacy remains his role in the development of 'zones of political exclusion', otherwise called 'garrison constituencies'

Thwaites:

Mr Seaga’s association with some very unsavoury characters is a matter of record

I guess some of us cant accept that , they only want to see seeds when they bud (impossible) ,not when they are planted in mud.
                    Lust for blood ..... as I said .... some ppl prefer anancy stories.

Comment

National Hero mi say or something evil, what a legacy.

Comment

Especially???
                        I have NEVER seen any instance of mass brainwashing anywhere remotely similar in magnitude to that of the people of TG.All of them(grandma, mommy,daddy, grandchild, AND greatgrand)experienced what undoubtedly has to be the most traumatic event in their ENTIRE life because of the JLP handling of extradition request for Christopher(if it is a first name basis for the then PM then it ought to be for EVERYONE).
                        The consensus in that enclaved garrison is Bruce(we remain on a first name basis) is WICKED,and THE chosen citizens were collectively treated worse than wharf dogs, subjected to the most heinous abuse(S) of human rights, BUT they will not abstain from doing their civic duties, the X will be marked under the bell on election day.
                        For the good of Jamaica, let us be truthful.
                        Last edited by Rockman; June 4, 2019, 06:21 PM.

Comment

Sic.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockman View Post
                            Especially???
                            I have NEVER seen any instance of mass brainwashing anywhere remotely similar in magnitude to that of the people of TG.All of them(grandma, mommy,daddy, grandchild, AND greatgrand)experienced what undoubtedly has to be the most traumatic event in their ENTIRE life because of the JLP handling of extradition request for Christopher(if it is a first name basis for the then PM then it ought to be for EVERYONE).
                            The consensus in that enclaved garrison is Bruce(we remain on a first name basis) is WICKED,and THE chosen citizens were collectively treated worse than wharf dogs, subjected to the most heinous abuse(S) of human rights, BUT they will not abstain from doing their civic duties, the X will be marked under the bell on election day.
                            For the good of Jamaica, let us be truthful.

Rockman .... did you read any of the articles or you just insist on portraying yourself as ignorant? For the good of Jamaica? You should have read Thwaites' article. If you had you would have seen this ..."Seaga interrupted and reversed Jamaica’s leftward-lurch".

You've been hating the man based on the successful tactics which Trevor mentioned. It is okay .... some people insist on being on the wrong side of history, but instead of talking crap ... take some time to inform yourself and you will see that the contribution of Mr. Seaga has been the MOST CONSEQUENTIAL of all the leaders to-date.

PBCJ has a clip running on the man .... take some time and watch it. NNN has one ... take some time and listen to it. A 2019 now bro .... time people who are supposed to be intelligent stop believing Anancy and duppy stories.

Comment

You have a problem with OUR "gift" to Jamaica???

Comment

Working...
                              X