Elaine Thompson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elaine Thompson

I think Elaine's coach should pull her from the Championships & "shut her down" for the rest of the year/season.
    I've watched replays of the women's WC 100m final and I don't think she has recovered from the Achilles tendon injury: I didn't see her usual explosive start & her drive phase was flat.......If she's not 100% then don't risk long term injury, shut her down - Get her the necessary treatment, rehab & exercises/training to strengthen her Achilles tendon.......Continue pushing her & you risk her rupturing her Achilles tendon, which could seriously affect the rest of her career.

Or maybe she was weak and dehydrated from vomiting

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Francis has never been one to overwork his athletes. If she runs the relay I have to believe it's because her coach knows she is fit enough to do it.

Let's not forget she ran 10.8x in the semis.
      "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

The show must go on, its one of the worst championships and thats not factoring our dissapointment of the stars,but this norovirus,which is a winter vomiting bug (makes sense to people who are not used to cold weather) ruined it.

The americans benefit from this and its no coincidence.Better weather would have seen a better games.

Did I mention the rain....lol,that said kinda glad the upsetters won, makes the upcoming Olympics & WC more interesting.

Jamaicans are mad and confused, be very afraid!
        THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Russian conspiracy theories abound. Retaliation for being banned.
          Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
            Or maybe she was weak and dehydrated from vomiting
            1) She was vomiting and it was cold to the extent that she was dehydrated.
            2) Her drive phase was too long. Maybe she was not concentrating?
            3) It was cold. MVP coaches and stars behave differently from other Jamaicans. If it is cold they are not going to run at full throttle.
            The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

Asafa ran his best races cold...Ostrava 2005/Brussels 2009 vs Bolt.

Comment

Working...
              X