No announcement yet.

Vaz as cabinet minister

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

These guys don't want logical reasoning, they want conspiracies. I will give it to them.
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

So when you vote for your MP are you not voting for him or her to be able to be nominated to a cabinet role or is it up to him having a visa. If so we should tell people only vote for people who has a visa.... See the point is bigger than green or orange. I think when it comes down to it really the PM may feel you need some abrasiveness in that portfolio.. Can Vaz do that.. yes does he need a visa to do that maybe.... I dont know but I believe in giving people a chance before dismissing them....

Comment

The issue is the US embassy does NOT have to explain to anyone but Vaz about their revocation of a Visa..

Comment

Actually OJ no. We have a representative democracy. When you vote for an MP you are voting for someone to represent you within that constituency period. You are not voting for someone to enter the cabinet. Who goes into the cabinet is at the disgresion of the PM. It is the PM who chooses his/her ministers and it is the PM out of respect for the country he leads who should explain the appropriateness of the pick if there is reasonable grounds for it to be questioned . The stripping of a US visa qualifies as more than reasonable grounds to merit an explanation.
          Bruce Golding was aware of this and did the right thing. Cynics might say he never had a 48-15 but if you want a slippery slope that's it. It's a disrespect to the country not a private matter.

Comment

Well it is a fact that his visa is revoked.
            It is also a fact that hyb

Comment

what is hyb?
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Sorry Sass, I became distracted by addressing an issue on the job, it wasn't my intention to post..., I guess my pocket came up hyb before pressing post.
                What I was going to mention is the absurd property deal, and his attempt to purchase that strip of land, a venture he abandoned only after it became public and received scrutiny.

Comment

Clutching at straws B T W how PJ own half the resort lands in rose hall? The property deal to TG Mexican was a good deal. Do you recall amazon and the city of new York? WhT were the concessions?

Comment

So if he gets his visa back all is well? What will be your argument then.. so how they don’t have Paulwell removed from his position in the PNP

Comment

Maybe you didnt hear. It was Vaz who said he would resign from cabinet if he didn't get back his visa so obviously he placed importance on the visa as far as carrying out his responsibilities. As I said the PM has the right to choose his cabinet but if he puts Vaz in the cabinet it has to be explained to the Jamaican people. That's just basic.
                      Paulwell is not in the government. Robertson is not in the cabinet but he is an MP for the JLP. It's not about get back or don't get back it's about respect for the populace. The crime syndicate head tough.

Comment

In the case of the land he wanted to lease. The system worked there. He went to right place but as a minister he could have used better judgement. In the recent pass how many of this has been done. A lot, I can name a few.

.If the US ambassador just said "He thiinks" Vaz was corrupted he would have been gone, no doubt about that.
                        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Don't you think the PM said to Mr Vaz, I need your service, visa or no visa. That gave Vaz the confidence to continue to serve. It is up the MP and US embassy to explain further. The fact is the US ambassador came out and make unusual statement that corruption is not involved. That is very curious. He even met with Vaz in offical capacity, so you think he would meet with a suspected criminal on the verge of deportation, and shaking hands in his official capacity?

Comment

Why wouldn't he meet with a corrupt individual whose government gave them access to Jamaican soil,to pull off an attempted coup in VENEZUELA, do you know what quid pro quo means ?

The Vaz question will be answered when the Biden/ Harris administration is in power.

That said that meeting in an official capacity that you are promoting is a group photo shoot,which makes your take on the optics a stretch.If you want context,its the same government officials ( zHoness) that gave the Trump administration access, to use Jamaica as a base for mercenaries to pull off a coup on another sovereign nation.

Yuh self righteous campaign is full of holes.
                            Last edited by Sir X; September 16, 2020, 08:07 AM.
                            THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Look, politicians are privy to info about geographical areas slated for future developments, as such, they have an unfair advantage...
                              For you to reference PJ's...is a tacit admission that Vaz's actions too do not pass the smell test.
                              Did Holness parrot the narrative of his apologists by emphasizing we have to accept corruption has become a culture, no he didn't!
                              What is your role in making Holness above reproach?

Comment

DipTop dis one is fi yuh...

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
                                So you are another one of them who is hung up on the visa thing? It is time you all stop making the possession of a US visa the holy grail. We are in an age where meetings can be done online and if there is a need to meet in person there are over 200 countries in which the meeting can take place. None of us knows why his visa was cancelled, so please.
                                Ongly dat inna your case Babylon dem nuh juss tek yuh visa...dem dump yuh from foreign inna JA fi gwaan nyam so-so burrito ah daytime inna yuh one-pants & shoes
                                TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Working...
                                X