No announcement yet.

235,000 jobs! Wait .... 4 more

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It doesnt have to be on the scale of the last onein 08 ,a mini recession is proof enough di bredda clueless.I said so in the past ,juss keeping it real.
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Robot run di place
      TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

what i would is that it has not gone south as expected. the numbers are similar to obama's last year

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Unno?

I had no such expectation.
          You need fi unnerstan sumpen..dis bigger dan Trump. This is MACRO and would apply to any President at this stage.

Comment

Not even robot can fill the short and medium term gap.

Also, the tech not mature yet.

Comment

Finally Robot don't contribute to aggregate demand. Some serious politrix ago play in the next 20 years. It nah guh pretty.

Comment

Short term...NO. Medium term?... In many cases ABSOLUTELY. We're just at the first stages of the Robotics/AI Revolution. Henceforth the acceleration in capability & consequently adoption... will be HUGE

Finally Robot don't contribute to aggregate demand. Some serious politrix ago play in the next 20 years. It nah guh pretty.
                I agree. The ONLY sensible response is PREPARATION.

Dat mean if yuh cyaan beat dem...try join dem... i.e. dream dem, ideate dem, design dem, prototype dem, test dem, mek dem, program dem, service dem, operate dem...and mek sure yuh own di IP pon some ah dem.

RoboJamâ„¢ tuh di Universe!!

But my biggest fear among all di yappin pon dis subjek is...BLACK PEOPLE'S FUTURE IS EVEN MORE HORRENDOUS THAN THE PATHETIC SHITUATION TODAY. We focus on playing the fool or serving Babylon in some low skill tings...while others advance themselves via scitech

Including the time we spend on theoretical & hypothetical yappin about Babylon affairs...while worshiping their political & media personalities who mean us no good

Marcus cannot be resting in peace
                Last edited by Don1; March 15, 2017, 09:04 PM.

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

What you think of his Trade policies ?

Lets graduate from the kindergarten yapping...

Comment

Gamma, that is all I am saying, that contrary to the revisionist history being pushed now, the EXPECTATION, at least in liberal circles, was that everything was going to go south with a Trump win and it did not happen.

All this talk now bout "wait 12 months as see" is a new story.
                    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

Yes and no.

Automation will matter and may be faster than we think, but we will needa lot of skilled human brainpower as the work emphasis and paradigm shifts.

Check out the US demographic article aned remember that China and Europe have it even worse! China due to decades of 1 child Policy: http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank...-baby-boomers/

To me it seems that of the 18 and over, we had 244m in 2015 and will have 222m in 2028, due to the boomer and earlier gen rapid foll off rate. (-22m). In 2036, the total will be only 197m! I see 216m potential workers eligible in '15 and 145m plus the unshown post millenial gen in '28.

In terms of the premium workers, say 35 y.o. to retirement, I see circa 141m going to around 130m (assuming I take 75% of the GenX crowd who will heavily near retirment age at that time, so 12m less). Interestingly, the stable GenX pop falls off very fast at about 2036.

In summary, we lose 25m B-Boomers from '15 to '36 and net gain of +5m in the Mill+ GenX categories. That is a 20m shortfall that has conséquences over the next 20 years. Its a solid bet that with the US weak educational/training systems that the skills cant easily be replaced and people dont invest in automation if they dont forcast DEMAND. Unskilled, dumbed down, misfitting population is not the poster child for DEMAND.

Houston, we have a political problem on the horizon.

Comment

=Willi;574805]Yes and no.
                        Ah dat mi seh tuh
                        Automation will matter and may be faster than we think, but we will needa lot of skilled human brainpower as the work emphasis and paradigm shifts.
                        "a lot" is relative. Yes the demand for knowledge workers will grow. But the net effect of AI/Robotics will be much LESS jobs...starting with low skill services Which is why Black people (my concern) MUST get off the low level service deadend... an' step up inna life to prioritize technology mastery
                        Check out the US demographic article aned remember that China and Europe have it even worse! China due to decades of 1 child Policy: http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank...-baby-boomers/
                        Yeah but dem people deh cyan tek care ah dem owna bizniz. Mi nuh response fi dem. Mi nuh too inna di theoretical ting nowadaze. Progress ah wi peeps mi ah defen' ...strait

To me it seems that of the 18 and over, we had 244m in 2015 and will have 222m in 2028, due to the boomer and earlier gen rapid foll off rate. (-22m). In 2036, the total will be only 197m! I see 216m potential workers eligible in '15 and 145m plus the unshown post millenial gen in '28.

In terms of the premium workers, say 35 y.o. to retirement, I see circa 141m going to around 130m (assuming I take 75% of the GenX crowd who will heavily near retirment age at that time, so 12m less). Interestingly, the stable GenX pop falls off very fast at about 2036.

In summary, we lose 25m B-Boomers from '15 to '36 and net gain of +5m in the Mill+ GenX categories. That is a 20m shortfall that has conséquences over the next 20 years. Its a solid bet that with the US weak educational/training systems that the skills cant easily be replaced and people dont invest in automation if they dont forcast DEMAND. Unskilled, dumbed down, misfitting population is not the poster child for DEMAND.
                        Mi naw doubt yuh but mi nuh ave nuh cosmic fi validate dem yah numba mi boss. Suh mi accept dem 'cause mi know yuh bonafide

All di same ah Black people future mi ah defen'. Babylon elements naw look out fi wi...an' mi nuh ave time ar resources fi address fi dem problems
                        Houston, we have a political problem on the horizon.
                        "We" ave political problem?? Yes...'cause most ah "we" follow & worship Babylon political & media elements Mi bun Babylon politricks widout apology..Marcus way is di ongly way

The main problems "we" have are related to backward thinking and an inability to understand or act in our self interest. What we do is juss follow Babylon an' beg dem fi notice wi in exchange fi some vote. Mi bun out dem eediat folly deh...strait an' widout apology
                        Last edited by Don1; March 16, 2017, 03:23 PM.

Comment

NAFTA renegotiation - Not bad from a US perspective, probably will happen

30% Import tariffs - Bad , probably wont happen

Ignoring WTO rules generally - Bad, probably will happen to some extent.
                          "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

2 different things DON.

while it nice seh black people can have fwd thinking plans...we can't divorce ourselves from humanity and we won't remain unscathed from dramatic political upheavals.

We still have to overspend and foresee what is coming, evan as we plan our intelligent future. We have to save ourselves and if possible save some space for our fellow man who may be drowning from the effects of their own folly by then.

Comment

Trump is a idiot, see everybody is in protectionism mode right now? Look at G20 now.

Mexican government can't change much or come out as a loser in the eyes of the Mexican because of Trump madness

College international students applications down
                              https://www.usnews.com/news/educatio...wn?context=amp

Let me see how the protectionist and fear economy will result. Hispanics are buying a huge amount of houses, nuff economic activities, now some are even afraid of sending their kids to school. Lot of economics in their community is cramp right now. Hope the rural whites can pick up that economic activities.
                              Last edited by Assasin; March 18, 2017, 05:58 PM.
                              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Canadian tourists are giving the US a pass this year and the big Apple aggo rotten.

Comment

Working...
                                X