Klopp Echoes: Rafa's more with less

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Klopp Echoes: Rafa's more with less

Benitez stated this in his reign,if we can get one youth per year graduating from the academy to 1st team football we would save 50 mill, thats in 2004,now that figure is about a 100mill,based on the performance of Trent Alexander. That said its not that it will happen every season ,but every 3 to 4 season is an achievable target which is alot, that can be saved and capitalized on.

How Liverpool's plan to dominate English football has come together: Jurgen Klopp and his staff have re-established a pathway to the first-team from the academy - which could save the club millions in transfer fees while delivering trophies.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...-together.html

BTW: Leon Bailey would be on the bench of our U23.
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Rafa Plan in detail : To get more out of less.

1) Something that should not be forgotten is the analysis of the Academy. Incorporating local players always gives more affinity with the club and sensibly reduces costs.

2)At Liverpool one of our priorities was to bring players from abroad and sign them 3 years before they reached 21, like Ayala, Pacheco or Insua. In that way, under the rules at the time, they would be considered local players, saving money in transfers and contracts, with the possibility of including them on the Champions League list

http://www.rafabenitez.com/web/in/bl...itezs-view/57/

The academy of Liverpool is the only one that can compare to La Masia of Barcelona FC,” states Barcelona manager and La Masia graduate, Pep Guardiola.

“If Liverpool can manage those lads in the academy, then maybe 20 star players can arrive from that academy.”

http://backpagefootball.com/the-yout...academy/20990/

These are all players associated with Rafa Benitez reign at LFC,still playing in the prem today.All a dem BR run whey.

1)Man City - Sterling
    2) Wolves - Coady
    3) Newcastle - Shelvy
    4) Kelly - Crystal Palace

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

“At the moment, the young lads are one up. It shows the development and that the players are pushing like crazy in training,” said Klopp.

The older lads had better watch out: Klopp and Lijnders are proving to be the perfect men to develop a new generation of Merseyside street footballers, and they intend on shaping them into the beating red heart of this Liverpool team.

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2020/0...et-footballer/

Comment

why has klopp succeeded where, houllier, benitiez and hodgson failed?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

I will restate the question to give you a holistic answer to deliver my conclusions by including Brendan Rodgers.

Klopp succeeded because of several things coming together, not just one. Without this happening his success would be erratic as in the case of Benitez. The most crucial piece of his puzzle was/is progressive owners who had a vision to build and support the coach by writing the checks.

Houllier joined Liverpool to straighten out the “spice boys” which is an indictment of how the club was being run at that time, but it was wise of the owner to see the need to get rid of Ince ,James and the rest of those characters to get their first continental coach. The success was immediate, we won the treble, league cup,FA and UEFA cup and finished 3 rd. in the prem, the following season he finished 2nd and after that 5th only to be sacked 4 years into his 5-year plan. Accused of not having a youth policy and importing foreign mostly French tainted talent, with the worst glaring being El Diouf. I agree with the accusation about Houllier not having a youth policy. He was at war with the fans habitually crying about a lack of support from them,this would be his downfall, because as you see today, one of the reasons for Klopp’s support is his investment in the academy with a special focus on “scouse talent”. This has solidified his support with the locals to a point of unity. You can’t find a LFC fan against Klopp. This, progressive owners along with on the field success is the glue that drives LFC forward today. To make the point about poor owners being a major factor in moving he club forward, after LFC won the champions league, Moore’s closed the commercial shop in LFC the day after to celebrate.

Benitez took over in 2004 and basically won the Champions league with Houlliers team. The first thing Benitez did was acquire the finest from Barcelona to set up the youth academy. Borrell’s assessment was the set up unacceptable, no center forward was part of the U18 team, and they played with no tactical vision. Benitez overhauled the academy and everyone coach/manager to follow gives him credit for developing the academy, except Klopp. Which is interesting, maybe he hasn’t been asked about it as others have, but of note Klopp is the only one to have tweaked it by moving the youth to train with the seniors. Benitez reign must be split between Moore’s ownership which ended in the summer of 2006 and H&G. Benitez won under Moore's the champions league, FA cup and community shield. Under H&G we finished runner up in the Champions league and premiership, he won nothing. To sum up Benitez reign we had poor owners and the proof that hits the nail on the head, was after leading Manchester United going into the winter transfer break, H & G rejected his transfer request and brought in players he did not want or sanctioned. This led to a split between the owners, Benitez and the fans. The simpletons would point to his “rant” against Sir Alex as to the downfall of the season by extension Benitez reign, the academics of the game would put it on H & G heads. This is reinforced by the hostile takeover by FSG. I must also point to the academy as his downfall, although he reinvented the wheel at LFC, Barcelona style, nothing came out fast enough that would endear him to LFC fickle supporters so they could really appreciate his input. Ironically, we would see them come out in Dalglish and Brendan Rodgers short reign with belated credits to Rafa's academy. Of note Sterling credited Benitez as part of his development when he was transferred to Man City.

Brendan Rodgers “The Rucks”. I will go through his reign as fast as it came and went. His complaints were constant, and Paul echoed it verbatim. The club needed an investment of new players,he even stated in one of his press conferences that he can only work with what he has at his disposal. Some took it as an attack on the owners spending power. He complained players needed character and the owners were not giving him support. He was smart enough not to attack the fans. Which tells me he was a conniving fool. He rode 2nd place on the cape of Suarez, as soon as Suarez left, he was exposed. Forwards were played all over the pitch, Firmino was benched at one point in favor of Benteke. Henderson and Lucas Levia were told to leave. Levia on more than one occasion to the point where he was called while at the airport to return to Liverpool. Need I say more. The verdict was a split fan base which means a fall in commercial revenue. The academics knew why, the simpletons could not follow sound logic. He was simply not a good fit and as I said in the past, the best thing to happen under his reign was LFC not wining the prem.

Klopp, well to put it simply, good owners who know how to write a cheque, run a business, hardly heard of or from, with a world class manager that understands the “Trinity”. That there is a special relationship between the fans, players and manager/coach; the way to build it, is investing in your academy with a special focus on local youth. This will lead you to riches by saving millions and connecting with the community of fans that will grow and can last a long time, as long as everyone (stakeholders - Trinity) keep their end of the bargain . Klopp is a fair man,he gives players time to prove themselves and I will point to Bentke,he played him to the point where he could not question if he was a monkey wrench when he was sold. Klopp is also ruthless after Sahko gave a M.O.M season in defence he sold him the minute he crossed his professional grounds when he interrupted Klopp in an interview to buddy up or clown around with him. Smart move,players must know their place and there should be no perception of favorites seen in a team.

Klopp succeeds because of the Trinity.
          Last edited by Sir X; February 8, 2020, 09:01 AM.

Comment

Forgive me for omitting Hodgson, Paul can answer that. According to him, he was the man who could get the most out of Rafa's deadwood.He got sacked after taking liverpool into a relegation battle, the first in almost 60 years and Daglish took that same deadwood team to its 1st trophy in 6 seasons. Daglish a man who was simply outdated tactically and needed time to come upto date with the tactics of the day,remember he had no A lic. that said Hodgson had his,so go figure...lol.

If you can pick a word to describe Hodgson,it must be clueless. Daglish ironically brought the fans together and most were prepared to give him time,the owners thought better.
            Last edited by Sir X; February 8, 2020, 09:26 AM.

Comment

Alot is a common misspelling of a lot. A lot should always be spelled as two words. The meaning of a lot depends on the context.
              www.grammarly.com › blog › a-lot-alot-allot
              A Lot vs. Alot vs. Allot | Grammarly

Head tough! Look from how long mi a try school u 'bout dis!
              Peter R

Comment

Yuh a fret bout mi,yuh see anybody else who perfect like you on the site.

Comment

ownership changed?

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Listen from minute 11.00 onwards , it encapsulates everything about good owners.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlezA84paQg

Pretty sure you will enjoy it from the start,if you watch it from the begining.

Comment

No shame or harm in trying to improve oneself. That's our ultimate purpose, to be better every day in life! Try yuh bes' fi drop some bad habit!
                      Peter R

Comment

X I would take Paul pointing that out

As a compliment to complement that fine analysis you did. Personally I think Paul just nit-pick because your thoughts were astutely on point.
                        Mon nuh have nothing fi say so him find a minute problem.
                        Now Paul that is not a word describing a period of time. lol or do you rather Mr. Paul I used Minuscule bearing in mind that many Americans uses the spelling Miniscule which is incorrect but used so often people believe it's the correct word.
                        "Everyone who knows me understands that I hold no prejudices in this regard....In the family atmosphere of the {RBSC}telethon, I forget that not everyone knows me that well." ....attributed to Jerry Lewis....

Comment

Peter R, the problem is more often than not, highlighting. spelling and grammatical errors in a poster's post is to belittle that poster, besides if you identify the errors,then surely the substance of the post is understood by you.

As to you Sir X, serve you right, remember my post in which you reference HL and Bricktop (obtw, they both ignored you)about not being able to understand what I wrote?
                          See, the same thing people do to you,you end up doing, ergo, you should not complain.

Comment

Rock yuh up early for yuh coffee, Look Pet'y has been doing this to me for years,water off my back.Its more an acknowledgement by him that as a LFC supporter, he was ignorant of the " Trinity".

In that context it is blasphemy on his head
                            Last edited by Sir X; February 11, 2020, 10:57 AM.

Comment

I point out the error Peejay, as an indication of the continuation of "ignorant" behaviour in the face of education and correction. You and X might say it is minor, I just think wrong is wrong. While the misspelling MAY not detract from the message I truly find it disturbing that people continue to make the same error (and there are more than one) without any attempt to change and improve. Accepting incorrect practices, simply because "alot" of people do it is unacceptable, demonstrates a lazy mind, and in some cases, wilful ignorance.

I have always tried to educate where I can, whether it is football or spelling. I don't profess to be an expert in football, but I am a damn good speller! Trust me, as an educator I can tell you that a student will always get better marks when they make their point using proper grammar and correct spelling, and this translates to real world applications.

And if you and X believe that my pointing out a spelling error (which I have pointed out several times in the past) is nit-picking, well, dat a fi unuh problem!
                              Peter R

Comment

Working...
                              X