Defend the peace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Defend the peace

When I said not every tourist travels for the sun, sand and sea.

All Newcastle couple Donna and Paul wanted were two cold drinks and a bar in which to relax.

“The atmosphere is much, much more than we were expecting. We've been to Ocho Rios and this is beautiful compared to there. Aside from the history of the town, which we are obviously expecting to see, we'd like to find a little bar or a restaurant to have cold drinks and a view,” Donna stated.

Cop urges Port Royal residents to protect community's crime-free status

CONCERNS raised yesterday that a spike in crime might occur following the historic docking of the first cruise ship in Port Royal have been allayed by head of the East Kingston police Superintendent Victor Hamilton, who urged residents to “protect the peace”.

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/...6?profile=1606
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/l...t-royal-cruise
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Sass stop waste time because tourist no interested in visiting hospitals and local markets.......

"The Melanies were chilling out, having had a full day of tour, started at the Kingston Craft Market in downtown Kingston, visiting Emancipation Park, National Heroes Park, The University of the West Indies, and the National Stadium.

“Yea, I went to Mona and was very impressed by the hospital,” she declared.

There was, however, one note of mild disappointment.

She had promised her 96-year-old mother to visit Coronation Market and take some pictures to share with her upon returning home. She did not make it to the largest open-air market in the English-speaking Caribbean and there was a sigh of regret when she realised that in visiting the craft market, she had come very close to the place where Mom had made many an early-morning outing."
      Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Long time mi tell them Coronation Market is a gem. The image of a tourist to many is not this person.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Port Royal residents must own development, says PM

KINGSTON, Jamaica — Prime Minister Andrew Holness says the Port Royal Development project is being pursued in a “very holistic way” with the participation and support of residents, who must own the development.

“We cannot displace the people who live in Port Royal; they must become a part of the development,” he said.

“They must become defenders of the development, they must be a part of the prosperity that will come, and they must become wardens of the investment, wardens of the environment and wardens of peace in the area,” Holness added.

He was addressing the opening of the Caribbean Infrastructure Forum today, Tuesday (January 21) at the AC Hotel by Marriott in New Kingston.

The Port Royal Development aims to transform the historic town into a thriving centre for tourism and includes construction of a cruise ship terminal, revitalisation of Fort Charles, building of a museum, among other works. There will also be improvements in the housing stock, water system, roadways and drainage network.

The town welcomed its first cruise ship on Monday (January 20).

The Prime Minister said that the appropriate technology will be employed as part of the development, to protect the environment and the heritage sites.

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/lates...M?profile=1228

Comment

Significant uptick in Port Royal vendors' sales after first cruise ship call

There seems to be an early impact on the economy of Port Royal following the docking of the first cruise ship, the Marella Discovery 2 at the floating pier facility on Monday, January 20.

Residents of the famous and historic Port Royal area in Kingston, met with the many cruise ship passengers after they came onshore with the business people in the area reporting a major uptick in sales.

One restaurant owner told the Business Observer that he recorded increased sales on the day.

“Yes, it was a good day for business as the visitors from the first ship walked freely and happily in the town, and they patroinised not only my restaurant by others as well.

“This is a good start for us as business people in Port Royal, and I hope that the cruise ships will keep on coming and that the visitors from this ship will keep on visiting the various business establishments.

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/busin...9?profile=1056

Comment

Working...
            X