• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sometimes some serious matters require

laughter to help in retaining sanity ---

The JLP's 'transparency'

Published: Saturday | December 3, 2011

THE EDITOR, Sir:I have finally realised what the present administration meant when it promised transparency in governance. Essentially, it would indulge in similar corrupt acts as its predecessors, except that it would not be as skilled in covering its tracks.

The real dilemma, though, is that we will soon be required to vote for one of these two 'gangs' to govern us for another five years. I think I will go with the present set because they have not yet perfected their 'skills' in the deception game and are being exposed by all and sundry.

In contrast, their predecessors spent such a long time at the feeding trough that they were able to hone their 'skills' into a craft. If we were not told after the fact by them that they 'run with it' in the 2002 general election, we would never have known. Ever wonder how it is they know exactly where to look in order to expose the shenanigans of the Government?

In fairness, though, the PNP is doing a great job of keeping this administration on its toes. I think they should keep that role a little longer, say, at least another five years.
    HAROLD DOWIE
    St Catherine

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Originally posted by Karl View Post
    laughter to help in retaining sanity ---

The JLP's 'transparency'

Published: Saturday | December 3, 2011

THE EDITOR, Sir:I have finally realised what the present administration meant when it promised transparency in governance. Essentially, it would indulge in similar corrupt acts as its predecessors, except that it would not be as skilled in covering its tracks.

The real dilemma, though, is that we will soon be required to vote for one of these two 'gangs' to govern us for another five years. I think I will go with the present set because they have not yet perfected their 'skills' in the deception game and are being exposed by all and sundry.

In contrast, their predecessors spent such a long time at the feeding trough that they were able to hone their 'skills' into a craft. If we were not told after the fact by them that they 'run with it' in the 2002 general election, we would never have known. Ever wonder how it is they know exactly where to look in order to expose the shenanigans of the Government?

In fairness, though, the PNP is doing a great job of keeping this administration on its toes. I think they should keep that role a little longer, say, at least another five years.
    HAROLD DOWIE
    St Catherine

noice!
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

debt relief

this is a really interesting website. glad to be a part of it! can you check out my website when you get a chance? debt consolidation companies

Comment

Working...
      X