‘I won’t cut her hair!’

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ‘I won’t cut her hair!’

Parents of dreadlocked girl incensed at ‘systemic racism’ after court ruling

Sherine Virgo said she will not cut her seven-year-old daughter’s hair despite yesterday’s court ruling that Kensington Primary School did not breach her child’s constitutional rights when it denied her access in 2018 for having dreadlocks.

“I will not be cutting her hair! That was never an option on the table. As it is right now, it seems that everything is going the homeschool direction anyways,” Virgo told The Gleaner after the Supreme Court ruling.

The mother was told that her then five-year-old daughter would need to cut her hair before she could attend the school, which is one of the top-performing institutions in Portmore, St Catherine. The school stated that the wearing of dreadlocks was against its policy.

The Supreme Court had granted an injunction for the child to attend school after Jamaicans for Justice filed a motion on behalf of the child and her parents in August 2019. Her mother said that her daughter has performed exceptionally in the two years she has been at the institution, despite the controversy surrounding her hairstyle. Virgo said that her daughter topped her class for both the first and second year and was looking forward to going into grade three this September.

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/l...ystemic-racism
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

2020 the plantation/colony continues. Happy Emancipation Day Jamaica. Nice move from the local judges in the English whigs. Now go home and rub on the bleaching cream. Surreal . It's worse than I thought

Comment

typical dummy response...have you read the judgement?

Comment

Okay, what was the judgement?

Comment

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
          typical dummy response...have you read the judgement?
          Listen Brickbrain why don't you post the judgement if you have read it. Try and limit your comments to your green propaganda. Certain subjects are beyond your comprehension. This being one of them typical on your part though.

Comment

the written judgement hasn't been released yet genius...but that won't stop you dummies from going full Talcum X on the forum...guess that's what dummies do...chat foolishness with no facts to back up what they're saying

Comment

uninformed dummies as usual...that's the point...the written judgement hasn't been released yet...but don't let that get in the way of your outrage...dummies abound

Comment

woiee...which one a you dummies responsible for this?

https://www.change.org/p/andrew-holn...ocs-in-schools

...we are asking with this petition for the ruling of the high court to be over turned and for the constitution to be reviewed and amended if necessary so we never have to contemplate our own identity on another Emancipation Day ever again.

Start a petition of your

Comment

So if you are waiting on the written judgement, how can you say the responses are without merits, wouldn't you need to be privy to the written judgement to make that determination?

Comment

the responses are uninformed...how can you take a position on something without the facts? i know that is normal dummy protocol but i mean...and for clarity the claim brought to the supreme court was that the child's right to freedom of expression was violated...no ruling was made on the banning of hairstyles....but you dummies can continue in your ignorance

Comment

That was my point Genius. That's why I asked you to post the judgement. You commented without seeing the judgement. You are playing semantics. Wearing a hairstyle is a form of personal expression. Nobody is fooled by what is happening here.like I said, this is bigger than your capability to grasp. You should leave it alone and stick to green propaganda. No need for a comment from you we know where you stand.

Comment

this is what you sad:

Originally posted by tRudi
                        Nice move from the local judges in the English whigs. Now go home and rub on the bleaching cream. Surreal . It's worse than I thought
                        yes i commented without seeing the judgement...i said that the written judgement hasn't been handed down yet so we should wait to read it...you're the dummy who went off half cocked on a stupid racist victim rant as usual...dummy 101...

Comment

I keep telling you Brickbrain stick to what you are comfortable with. This is way above your analytical ability and you have less than zero credibility on subjects like this.. Wait until you are given the next propaganda talking point until then stay away from issues you and your ilk shouldn't deal with.

Comment

more dummy talk...he lambasts supreme court justices as racist based on a judgement that hasn't even been written yet then tries to deflect by questioning my analytical capabilities...you're a special kind of dummy i see...new prototype
                            Last edited by Bricktop; August 1, 2020, 08:47 PM.

Comment

You know Rudi, we really should not be surprised by Bricktop's stance on the issue,after all he subscribes to the doctrines of anti-Rasta Busta as opposed to Manley's whose legacy entails creating a level playing field.
                              He may as well be a door knob,imagine accepting a decision that reinforces the prejudices(dirty Rasta cut your hair)of yesterday,and diminishing even further the inherent rights of a living person.
                              This doorknob has to wait on the written decision to have an opinion even though that was not crucial to the lawyer representing the family making known his intent to file an appeal.
                              It is not as if decisions made the Supreme Court have never been overturned.
                              Which brings me to a parallel issue, did Bricktop wait on the written decision denying Kartel's appeal before coming to the decision that the murderer must now seek 'justice 'from the nice nice Queen of England?

Comment

Working...
                              X