No announcement yet.

U.S.A. vs Jamaica.......I need a drink.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• U.S.A. vs Jamaica.......I need a drink.

Just got a chance, and tried to watch the U.S.A. vs Jamaica game – DAMN!!! That was an embarrassment to the game I love
    Jamaica: I see that Whitmore is back, as the ReggaeBoyz head coach…….Did he get any training & valuable coaching experience since his last stint???…….How long was this squad together, before this game???…….What’s the average age of this squad???
    U.S.A.: I was hoping to see something that would have changed my feelings about the U.S. World Cup campaign, BUT nothing has changed – “I can’t wait for the 2018 WC to come & go, so U.S. Soccer can get a well-versed head coach for the USMNT. A head coach that has NO personal connection to any of the players, in the player pool, nor anyone in U.S. Soccer, and knows that he has to PRODUCE or get FIRED.”…….Hope the European-based players will get enough of a role to add SOMETHING to the USMNT, and the more promising young players, in MLS, can force their way into the squad/pool ahead of the older players who need to move on, because they offer little to nothing at this point, and that Bruce doesn’t guarantee anyone a position, like Klinsmann.

I tried to be very kind in my assessment of the Jamaican MT.

You could see some deficiencies.

No clue in the final third of the pitch.

Their performance in the first half was better.

As for the USA MT, they had the overall better run of play. Their job in qualifying for WC is going to be tough. They head for Honduras where anything less than win ....and they can start preparing for 20 22 like Jamaica.
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

I was at the game. The first thing is the field was a third rated field, Not even a top rated football team. The info to get in the stadium was crazy, some very long lines and some short ones where if the info was passed people would go into the stadium in much quicker time.

Anyway on the teams, it was mainly second tier players on both teams trying to make their team. What I like with the Jamaican team is their defensive stance and posture. For most of the game with the exception of two plays the defense looked good. I like the two center backs until one got hurt, was really impressed with Lowe(23 years old). The right back did well. Number 11(Cory Burke) worked very hard and made some runs. He may just need to touch the gym a little and get a partner upfront. One of the midfielder was a bit too slow on turns and lost too many balls. We hesitated too much on a few shots and passed was my pick of tbut that can be overcome. On the US side Zuzi was the impressive player and he seems to be good at the left back position. The subs in the second half gave the US edge as they bought on more experience players.

The night was "cowl". This week was mostly in the high 60s except Friday in the 30s or less. I had to skip on my invitation to hang out with a player or two and head to warmth with the family. Only get to see HL for a few seconds. Big up to HL, Mark did you go? It was 17000 in the stands.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

But how do we reconcile the dynamics behind your subtle diss with the great US MNT's decision to deem my yutes worthy for their fine tuning process,and wasn't that justified by the results?
        We know we will not be in the upcoming WC,and clearly you do not know if you will be in it either.

In the future,please be sincere in your assessment of my team should you decide to give an unsolicited opinion.
        Now let us revisit a previous opinion of yours,the one on Burrell,should I take that too with a grain of salt?
        Tan deh!

Comment

.....................................Rocky, why are yout so miserable?.
          geezeee.

HL

Comment

Why would I treat YOU different from tge other US MNT fans here on our forum dedicated to our Boyz?
            The lines are clearly drawn, HL.
            Btw,not missing to me is the ease in which you speak disparagingly about my team,and never about the administration responsible for its shortfalls.
            Mine is a reaction to you being so slimy.

Comment

I'll give the ReggaeBoyz some slack, because their federation has been shortchanging them for a while, and I haven't seen nor heard of them improving. That's why I asked if: 1. Tappa had received any training & coaching experience, since his last stint in charge??? 2. How long the team has been training together??? and 3. What's the average age of the squad???.......Plus they have a team of professional and semi-professional.

As to the USMNT, they looked terrible, considering they've been together since Jan. 10 & this was their 2nd international friendly (played Serbia Jan. 29).......The January camp should be used to evaluate & give valuable experience to promising young talent, and then bring back those who impressed to fill out the FULL 1st team squad for qualifying, Gold Cup & other official tournaments. It's unlikely some of the older players there will make the WC qualifying or Gold Cup squad, so why not give the spot to a young, talented & hungry player???

Comment

A astro turf stadium for semi-pro football teams & a semi-pro soccer team. Sorry!!! Not going. My hat is off to you and HL.

How long did Tappa have them in camp??? What's the average age of that ReggaeBoyz team???.......IMO Zusi was a weak link. If that Jamaican LM was more "experienced", the U.S. would be in serious trouble. Zusi couldn't keep up with him, and Jamaica's best chance came from one of those runs. I've seen player evaluations that make similar claims.......I've been saying it since '14 - I don't want to see Zusi, and some others, playing for the U.S. again.

Comment

Sass - sorry about the "cowl". Do your boys play ball in the winter? When does the league run in your parts? Temperatures in the 40's are the norm for most games in Europe.
                  "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

I know Binns is in his late 20s, Watson 33 and the Ryan Thompson the Goalie maybe early thirties but most of these players are between 23 and 25 with two 18 year old kids. Most don't really have experience playing at this level.

Reason why I like what Zuzi did is he and Morris were the only two players making good runs offensively and crossed the ball a few times. He was alwaya in position to get the ball when in attack. Yes he got caught once but it the player on his inside was more at fault for that run.

He had the Jamaican players in camp but some of the players broke MLS and US league camps a few days ago to join up with the team.
                    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

The boys play indoor futsol 1 night a week and then train for basket ball one day a week and play basket ball games on Saturdays. This is the first year they are playing basketball but one is pretty good and it help them run up and down the court which help them.

Preseason tournament started this weekend but because we went to the game we didn't compete. They have their first tournament next week and started training this week. Hoping next weekend will be warm.

Do you play in the winter?

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                        The boys play indoor futsol 1 night a week and then train for basket ball one day a week and play basket ball games on Saturdays. This is the first year they are playing basketball but one is pretty good and it help them run up and down the court which help them.

Preseason tournament started this weekend but because we went to the game we didn't compete. They have their first tournament next week and started training this week. Hoping next weekend will be warm.

Do you play in the winter?
                        So does your season run February to end of November? Ours is August to end of May.
                        "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                          On the US side Zuzi was the impressive player and he seems to be good at the left back position.
                          You've confused our fullbacks. It was Villafaña playing left back, and yes, he had a good game.

Zusi played right back ― an experiment Arena decided to try out in these couple of friendlies ― and he was unimpressive. Clearly doesn't have the pace to play fullback and got burned in a couple of key moments by Jamaica's long-legged left winger.
                          "Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
                          - Xavi

Comment

No our season starts the last week of July to the end of November, then winter break and starts back January 31 to the end of May. They have winter camp, summer camp and Super Y league in the summer but that is extra cost so I pretty much sit those out up to now.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Marin View Post
                              Sass - sorry about the "cowl". Do your boys play ball in the winter? When does the league run in your parts? Temperatures in the 40's are the norm for most games in Europe.
                              I was prepared.

Wore boots with thick socks. Long Johns with matching thermal top . Layered clothing and hoody, then a stadium jacket. To top it off we took blankets...so I was fine.

Oh, the secretary went out to get hot chocolate.

I learned from the winters spent at giants stadium watching Metrostars.

HL

Comment

Working...
                              X