Well, we're CFU champs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, we're CFU champs.

Hip Hip ... hooray!!! Like the Vernan youth. Would love to see him against more accomplished teams to see what he can handle. The youth with his hair in one reminded me of Cargill.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

I like the play of Vernon as well. Looks a good future prospect indeed. Congrats to the boyz but what happens now that this tournament is over. What is the preparation going to be like for the GC tournament?

Comment

Championship secured, well done by all. Barnes says Morrison and Austin crucial I think we are seeing a nice evolution of these two players from back in the qualifying, this was unclear when Simoes was here so that augurs well for the future! GC next.

Comment

A guess with the goal cup we have to do a better job of fooling the teams and turning on the speed. We can't just use the pure speed and the kick up field for the speedster them.

I like Jason Morrison, he plays well. Shavar slowness showed up bigtime. Roland Dean would do well in the MLS. His style fits the MLS. Vernan is very fast and I guess he is on his way out of Jamaica. Dane weakness showed up bigtime in this game. His heading is horrible and he plays better wide.

John Barnes directly using Englishman style. Three center halves in the game. Not really using the midfield to go forward. Well the most important thing is we win. I am still concern after Tyrone, and Goodison leave because i haven't yet seen a steady headed center half with the patience and ability to read the game like those two.
        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

by the way man a talk bout Grenada a rux side, well it was only our speed and specifically Eric Vernan's that took us home.

The commentary was the best out of JA on fox sport world.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
            Hip Hip ... hooray!!! Like the Vernan youth. Would love to see him against more accomplished teams to see what he can handle. The youth with his hair in one reminded me of Cargill.
            Lazie, I think u are talking about Morrison. U remember some time back u said u were not impressed and I told you that he can play better than he did. Very solid player. He, along with Austin was the only player who showed they could keep up with the Mexicans when PMU played in the concacaf championship.

Comment

Grenada is a rux side. There is nothing good about that team apart from them being a hard working bunsh.

Poor on the technical side and even worse tactically. If you add Roberts and Shalrie they become a poor team with the potential to beat bigger teams. Without them, they go back to just being a poor team.

Comment

Happy for the CFU Cup win but I'd gladly trade that 4th title in a heartbeat for a spot in the hexagonal in '09.

Comment

Jamaica got a tough group...that is the reason we are not in the hex. We did well in our last thee games, collecting 9 points, and secured one point away in Canada. Not much more you could have asked for from the boyz. Mexico pipped us on goal difference...thats how close Mexico came to being eliminated by Jamaica.
                  President of the FACCAC - Fans Againts Clueless Crenston and Cronies (cronies include Mosiah and Sicko)

Comment

Originally posted by Me View Post
                    Lazie, I think u are talking about Morrison. U remember some time back u said u were not impressed and I told you that he can play better than he did. Very solid player. He, along with Austin was the only player who showed they could keep up with the Mexicans when PMU played in the concacaf championship.
                    You may be right. Last night ... most of the times he kept it simple.
                    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Working...
                    X