Low excitement in JA for the game against Canada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low excitement in JA for the game against Canada

I was in JA for last week and just got back last night (yes I will miss the game).

Anyway, even on Sunday there was not one article in the Gleaner or Observer about the game. On the call in sports programs on KLAS, Irie FM and Hot 102 there were very few callers talking about the game until Monday evening.

Yes, there were a lot of newspaper advertisements and radio announcements about the game, so there is a lot of promotion of the game.

When talking to the regular sports fans, they would say "Reggaeboyzs still in it?" or "Reggaeboyzs nay in a nuttin". The die-hard fans are know about the game but don't seem very excited about us even beating Canada.

In order for stadium to ram, we need the normal sport fans. I can definitely tell that people still are not really into the Reggaeboyzs yet.

The Canadian team practiced at Tivoli on Monday. Canada has a Jamaica born player who now plays for some division 2 team in England, can't remember his name but he is a striker.

On another brighter note though, much more people are into the NPL games and this is good news for the future. Radio programs and TV broadcast of the games are ongoing.

By the way, I don't know if people here have been talking about the U20 team that is off to qualifying games. I have a picture of the team leaving the airport yesterday. I will try to post it later.

Just a short report.

Respect

Thanks, boss!
    Visited two games a few weeks back. Courtesy of my driver Mosiah
    ...but the crowds were not too great. The standard of play was not bad! ...exception - the shooting was poor.
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Jamaican-born striker seeks debut for Canada

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Jamaican-born striker Simeon Jackson, who represented Canada at the Under-20 level, looks to make his Senior debut against the Reggae Boyz in this evening's crucial Concacaf World Cup semi-final match at the National Stadium.

Complete Story ...
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

We dont have a true football culture in Jamaica, so i'm not surprised about the lack ofexcitement leading up to the game. And our journalists suck. Most of teh articles are just a reproduction of the various posts on these forums.
        President of the FACCAC - Fans Againts Clueless Crenston and Cronies (cronies include Mosiah and Sicko)

Comment

Yes, there really is a certain level of ignorance and "don't care" attitude among many Jamaicans about the Boyz right now. But mek wi mek it to South Africa - everybody tun di biggest fan!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

or wait till them stur up the controversy with Tappa and Barnes a little more then the excitement start.

Or them can call back Nandi and everybody turn expert again.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

when you have so many other distraction and anxieties sometimes sports get lost.

Comment

Sport like everything else needs proper marketing.

Its time to step in the future and let the experts do what they do

Its time we start respecting experts, hiring them and get out of the way

We want it all and so we lose it all

Times have changed

Tek it to dem reggaeboyz 7-0 tonight

who dem? after nobody no know dem

Comment

Working...
                X