Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is this about a standoff between the JFF and

the players re their contract?
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

For an international friendly, especially against the United States, the players’ asking price is US $5,000, also with a US $1,000 dollar win bonus.

While for Nations League games they want U.S $3,000.

If the national team goes on to qualify for the World Cup the JFF will receive a qualifying bonus of US $8 million U.S, the players are demanding 70% of that bonus which would be around $5 million.

However the JFF is offering the players 15% of that bonus should they qualify.

It could cost the federation around $550 million to take the team through the 14 World Cup qualifying games including accommodation, match fees and airfare and that is if they factor in the US $2,000 they are offering the players.

https://nationwideradiojm.com/take-i...s-hit-impasse/
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

"The players have acquired the services of an attorney who is negotiating on their behalf with most if not all communication being done by paper work."

Time to put things in black and white and done with this word-of-mouth promise. The JFF needs to realize that today's players are now more intelligent and are familiar with the workings of a professional contract. Gone are the days when players were dependent on international selection to secure a professional contract.
      Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
        "The players have acquired the services of an attorney who is negotiating on their behalf with most if not all communication being done by paper work."

Time to put things in black and white and done with this word-of-mouth promise. The JFF needs to realize that today's players are now more intelligent and are familiar with the workings of a professional contract. Gone are the days when players were dependent on international selection to secure a professional contract.

Well said !
        THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Long time the player need to represent themselves as a unit. I think 70% is too large but most of what they are asking is reasonable in my book.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

JFF cyaan pay them USD7k/game...where they gonna get that money from?

Comment

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
              JFF cyaan pay them USD7k/game...where they gonna get that money from?
              ...plus they want 70% of the US$8Mil if they qualify for the World Cup. So when they get 70% of that money what about the development of the game in the country? I think they should be fairly compensated, but I think they are asking for what does not exist.

Comment

i'm thinking it's a negotiation tactic...start high then settle...maybe $3500 per match & 25% of the bonus...

Comment

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
                  i'm thinking it's a negotiation tactic...start high then settle...maybe $3500 per match & 25% of the bonus...
                  Bredren, when I heard the news that was my thinking, but damn .... that was really high.

Comment

Agreed the player are min informed. First of all players should be paid but the national team is not where you come to make money. That should be your club. The national team should cover a reasonable figure and your per dieim any you own your likeness 100%. But this in my view of a stickup by the plsyers. If I were the JFF I get a reasonable number and let them know none of them in foreign would have a contract without a national program.. Them too grabalicious..

Comment

That is true but JFF also need to step up their game. They need sponsors. The execs can't be flying first class all over the place and after promise fly the players in coach and some very long cheap ass route.

JFF need to inform the players and work with them.
                      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

The JFf has made mis steps. But it don’t gives the players the right to hold the nation hostage. It’s not the JFf they are arguing with it’s the nation.They don’t play for Mike Rickets they play for Jamaica. We need to pout the program first.

Comment

Stop talk crap OJ. The people of Jamaica want the players to be treated good. The current wages they get most people will agree it not cutting it.
                          Most people will agree that the JFF have been travelling first class while the players in coach. This is not just misstep. Misstep is one or two times.

The way they treat Cidella, the former girls coach, even Whitmore came public recently. The players shouldn't hold the country hostage but when the JFF not dealing with things it encourage the players to be demanding whatever. JFF need to come better, don't put the people of Jamaica in this mi brethren. I want them to work a better deal.

Comment

Sass you conflating issues. Because The JFF has done foolishness in the past like the break down of relationship with Cedella and the womens program and who travel first class you are missing the basic points:
                            1. The JFF do not pay salaries .. The Jff provides a stipend for players and bonuses.
                            2. The JFF cannot afford 7K a match and I can assure you the Canadian mens team that has Government funding and tons of sponsorship does not pay nowhere near that to their players.

I dont even thing the U.S pays 7K a game and 70% of world cup qualifying money and they have sponsorship left right and centre.

Because unno dont like the man dem leading it you all cant be objective... This is plain an simple a stick up and the player dem fi go and look a good club contract and stop try get rich for paying for your country. Did the JAA give Usain 7K every time he ran for Jamaica ?

Comment

Mi first comment on this was that the 70 percent is pretty high.

Just recently the US women stood up for equal pay to their admin.

The stipend the JFF paying them now are too low. They all need to work things out but the JFF is not giving the players a decent deal and to go with that the arrangement for the players have been real crappy since of late.

I don't care who the president is, like them or not, the JFF has made some bad arrangement in the last two years which make negotiation of any kind worst for themselves.

Not because players are not been paid a wage doesn't mean they shouldn't get a decent stipend and a decent percent of the purse and proper travel arrangement.

Comment

Working...
                              X