A Highway 2000 Question

• A Highway 2000 Question

This is a serious question, forum members: Where in Jamaica is this specific section of our Highway 2000 found?

A friend asked me this question, and I was unable to answer.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

http://h2k-jio.com/h2k/images/stories/f/05b.jpg

3 lanes...I can't remember any section that has 3 lanes unless it's very close to an urban area like Kingston or Spanish Town.

I think only the Portmore leg of highway 2000 has 3 lanes. Which mountain range is that in the background?

Thanks, Mo and Shola

Originally posted by Shola View Post
        I think only the Portmore leg of highway 2000 has 3 lanes. Which mountain range is that in the background?
        Thanks for making the effort, Mo and Shola.

And you are correct, Shola, from what I can recall the Portmore leg of the highway has three lanes. But also, I am sure this photo isn’t any part of the Portmore leg. Also, I am not sure which mountain range it is in the background.

I am not very knowledgeable about Highway 2000, and I’m genuinely puzzled about where could this photo have been taken. It was found among the images of Highway 2000, but I’m not even 100 percent certain it is in fact Jamaica.

Certain features, including the billboard images in the background, suggest that this photo was taken in Jamaica. But if so, where is this?

Originally posted by Historian View Post
          This is a serious question, forum members: Where in Jamaica is this specific section of our Highway 2000 found?

A friend asked me this question, and I was unable to answer.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

http://h2k-jio.com/h2k/images/stories/f/05b.jpg

It's an east facing view of Long Mountain from the Portmore leg of HWY 2K

Thanks A Lot!

It's an east facing view of Long Mountain from the Portmore leg of HWY 2K
            I really appreciate this assistance, Don1.

My friend and I (she is even less of a geographical expert on Jamaica than I am) had been trying to answer this question since yesterday.

Thanks very much!

ahm.. how huh must have an east facing view of Long Mountain wid di lower liguanea elevation tuh di left and furdah away dan di peak ?

lol ! woiiie ! mi geosophagus !

Originally posted by Historian View Post
                I really appreciate this assistance, Don1.

My friend and I (she is even less of a geographical expert on Jamaica than I am) had been trying to answer this question since yesterday.

Thanks very much!

ok boss

lol

Is mussi di Palisados section of di North Coast Highway yuh deh pan !

I'm actually humoring your folly... but you persist with it. Your counter argument is nonsensical. Clearly spatial dynamics or photo interpretation is not your forte

The highway section is somewhere in the Portmore zone which is W of the KMR. Assuming the center of the photo indicates the camera track (and also generally the road alignment after the bend)....the focal point seems to be around Beverly Hills. That would fix the track at ~E or ENE.

A NE or N track would fix the focal point on a horizon from Jacks Hill thru Stony Hill
                      Last edited by Don1; August 9, 2014, 05:25 PM.

The only way to get that perspective of Long Mountain and claim seh yuh East Facing is from Palisados..and yuh would haffi call it NE facing.. Yuh count dat road in HWY2K ??

Besides dat.. yuh know wheh long Mountain look like ?? What yuh have behind Long Mountain ??

Point out where Cement Factory would fall innah dat deh pictcha..

Lol ! woiee ! talk about entertaining...

Ben dat nuh spell sense... guh siddung oneside
                          Last edited by Don1; August 9, 2014, 06:12 PM.

Point out where yuh woulda put Cement Factory innah dat deh picture.. das all mi want yuh fi duh...

Dat should tell us exactly what ah gwaan innah yuh geospatial headspace..

Originally posted by Muadib View Post
                              Point out where yuh woulda put Cement Factory innah dat deh picture.. das all mi want yuh fi duh...

Dat should tell us exactly what ah gwaan innah yuh geospatial headspace..

wooiiee mi clinker!!