Tappa and the ReggaeBoyz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tappa and the ReggaeBoyz

Tappa - From what I have seen so far, he is the right person for the job. The difference in his tactical approach, for the first 3 games, and how the team responded to his coaching shows a mark improvement and growth form just a few months ago. And this is just after a few weeks in Brazil, which shows that you have a head coach that is willing and eager to learn and grow, and is a fast learner. With a few more stints in Brazil and some good practice games, I think the ReggaeBoyz will be a force in CONCACAF.

The ReggaeBoyz - I think that the only problem preventing them from securing one of the 3 automatic WC qualifier spots is the midfield. I like what I've seen from the defence, and you have talent on the forward line and in goal. So, that should be the focus for the next 3 to 4 months.

It is a TEAM thing.

Richards and Shelton, in this match , destroyed quite a few promissing
    build-ups. Those giving away of the ball often hurt the REGGAE BOYZ very, very bad.

The USA's 2nd goal shows how our forwards should more often use the trianglular pass (pass diagonally across area 25 - 35 yards out through to just inside the Penalty-Area particularly against defensive line playing high up) to 'knife' through the opponent's defense.

Ryan Johnson proved he is a far superior player (selfless and TEAM man) than Dane Richards. ...knows more about the game and what it takes to create goalscoring chances.

Shelton is last in line of the forwards. He has not a clue on how to use the triangular pass in and around the opponent's Penalty-Area...and no concept of setting up strike partners or midfielders coming through.

We got a few good chances after the US' first goal.
    Last edited by Karl; June 19, 2011, 09:26 PM.
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Why are you talking about Shelton??? If you read my first post after the game you will see that I think he will have a problem making the ReggaeBoyz squad.....First touch - POOR; Passing - POOR; Finish - POOR; Movement without the ball - POOR.

Now, Richards downfall was that he got frustrated, and that stemmed from the lack of a productive midfield, providing the passes and supporting the attack. To a lesser extent you saw that with Johnson verbally expressing his frustration, and Ricketts who resorted to booting the ball down field because they constantly had difficulty getting the ball past the second third.

Comment

I agree. Notwithstanding the loss to USA, the team did not fall apart after the first goal,...or the second for that matter. Tappa's coaching prowess is evident in the players' approach. I see this team only gettimg better in the months ahead.
        "He has been the best so far based on his level of professionalism and great motivational skills. That made him one of the top coaches I have ever been under. He was exceptional in getting the best out of his players."

Paul Young on Renee Simoes (c. 2005)

Comment

Originally posted by #1Fan View Post
          I agree. Notwithstanding the loss to USA, the team did not fall apart after the first goal,...or the second for that matter.
          I took another look at the match and the points you make are not to be sneezed at.

Yes sir,
          Tappa's coaching prowess is evident in the players' approach. I see this team only getting better in the months ahead.
          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

karl...one of the few times i pretty much agree with your assessment.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
              karl...one of the few times i pretty much agree with your assessment.
              Well my 'teachings' must one day bear fruit!
              You shall find yourself agreeing more as we go on...

Comment

or vice versa?!

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
                  or vice versa?!

Comment

Working...
                  X