Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An Attack on the Jamaican middle class: Another one

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/...9?profile=1606

True an attack is nothing new , but the frequency and mode of attack "contract killings" is alarming/terryfying/scary.Its mostly in Kgn but when this spreads around the Island at this rate ......aaaahhhhhhhhhh sah.

They need more CCTV cameras , more technology in the motor vehicle system to track vehicles,red light cameras.Its open season on the middle class, our red eye thinking that the individual muss inna something to be a target must stop!

I have heard that business target competition and murder by contract is the cheapest way to get rid of that competitor in Ja.I have heard that they fly them in from overseas to commit these crimes,I have heard some are our own police agents.Incidentally the government has been told by the security forces of what is needed.

A suh mi get it a suh mi a tell it.
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Originally posted by Sir X View Post

True an attack is nothing new , but the frequency and mode of attack "contract killings" is alarming/terryfying/scary.Its mostly in Kgn but when this spreads around the Island at this rate ......aaaahhhhhhhhhh sah.

They need more CCTV cameras , more technology in the motor vehicle system to track vehicles,red light cameras.Its open season on the middle class, our red eye thinking that the individual muss inna something to be a target must stop!

I have heard that business target competition and murder by contract is the cheapest way to get rid of that competitor in Ja.I have heard that they fly them in from overseas to commit these crimes,I have heard some are our own police agents.Incidentally the government has been told by the security forces of what is needed.

Quite frankly, as bad as things are, I don't believe that. It's just my gut feeling. No hard evidence for my disbelief. Assassins being flown in on contract?. I think that's a myth.

Comment

So you believe we have an alarming contract killing problem and the police are involved in "Kgn"....wow , thanks for the comfort.

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

So you believe we have an alarming contract killing problem and the police are involved in "Kgn"....wow , thanks for the comfort.
        No. I don't believe it.

Comment

So it's not alarming,Ramdial son and father killed last october,Murray killed in June and Francis killed this August,what do they have in common.

Let me help,Killed in Kgn, middle class and unknown assailants not even a year,its two months to October.
          Last edited by Sir X; August 13, 2018, 11:49 AM.

Comment

So it's not alarming,Ramdial son and father killed last october,Murray killed in June and Francis killed this August,what do they have in common.

Let me help,Killed in Kgn, middle class and unknown assailants not even a year,its two months to October.
            What's alarming about people getting killed in a country which has a murder rate of 58 per 100000 annually?. So 54 of those people not alarming but 4 of those is alarming?. So 4 people and all of a sudden we talking about imported contract assasins?. Dont think so. That us what happens in a high crime country where corruption and criminality permeates the entire society. No outside help needed.

Comment

Ah hear yuh,i figured that was the reasoning but I wanted to hear it out,suh we can expect 2 more by october to equal 6,and its not that people are being killed ,its the mode of killings "contract".

Suh next year we can expect 8 to 10 contracts,then the year after 10 to 16,a hear yuh.

Comment

Ah hear yuh,i figured that was the reasoning but I wanted to hear it out,suh we can expect 2 more by october to equal 6,and its not that people are being killed ,its the mode of killings "contract".

Suh next year we can expect 8 to 10 contracts,then the year after 10 to 16,a hear yuh.
                The real question should be, "How do we get the carnage in Kamaica to stop?". Not how do we get middle class murders to stop. Every life matters. As a matter of fact you mentioned 4 or 5 high profile middle class murders. 4 out of the 58 per 100, 000 is 6.8%. What is the size of the Jamaican middle class?. While any murder is unacceptable, that rate is low compared to the ones we are not alarmed about. There is no middle class target in general. Could there be members of the middle class that have unsettled business which people decide to settle through violence?. Of course it's possible, but they are not targeted for being middle class, they are being targeted for other reasons than being middle class.

Comment

That question has been asked for decades from the late 70s if I am not mistaken,its not that they are targeted because they are middle class but we can speculate as to why ,what is alarming about this in my view is the little middle class that we have left must feel threatened, for their existence,which as you said isnt much ,if growing the middle class is key to growing the economy thus a sign of uplifting the nation,our leaders in business and government should be schocked of these types of killings !

For the record these "contract killings" are the type that are associated with organized crime or military dictatorships,it is of the highest level of criminal sophistication that usually over time destabalises or infiltartes institutions and governments.

I am alarmed.

Comment

That question has been asked for decades from the late 70s if I am not mistaken,its not that they are targeted because they are middle class but we can speculate as to why ,what is alarming about this in my view is the little middle class that we have left must feel threatened, for their existence,which as you said isnt much ,if growing the middle class is key to growing the economy thus a sign of uplifting the nation,our leaders in business and government should be schocked of these types of killings !

For the record these "contract killings" are the type that are associated with organized crime or military dictatorships,it is of the highest level of criminal sophistication that usually over time destabalises or infiltartes institutions and governments.

I am alarmed.
                    I still am trying to establish the reason for the alarm, as synical as it might sound. If you wake up tomorrow to the news that Jamaican, middle class, prominent lawyer Jennifer Messado has been shot and killed. Would you be alarmed?. I can understand being saddened by the loss of life, but alarmed, X?. Would she have, God forgive, been killed because she is middle class or because she is a certified thief?.

Comment

True but I am not that numb or dumb to believe every contract is justified.

Even if justified, the inability of our security forces to hold anyone accountable for taking the law into their own hands is disturbing,on many levels !

The ramifications of letting it run rampant in society will soon lead to no civil society.

Comment

In other words Justice is not only for the righteous but the unrighteous.

Comment

Even if justified, the inability of our security forces to hold anyone accountable for taking the law into their own hands is disturbing,on many levels !

The ramifications of letting it run rampant in society will soon lead to no civil society.
                          So rampant contract killing will lead to "noncivil society" and what kind of society the noncontact ones will lead to?.

Comment

No, what about the inability of the criminal justice system to sanction those in the so called middle class who are scheming and stealing from others before the victims inculcate a sense of loss, economic catastrophe and disrespect to the point of desperation that leads them to take the law in their own hands?. Isn't that where a civilized society should begin?. Lets begin by being alarmed when anyone, middle-, low-, in between classism killed. Since we are in the alarm business. Let's do it right.

Comment

this is latin by 'traite'.italian.spanish.portugees back
                              ground. By their tradition anyone in the way of
                              'Profit' get put away.Thats a ole ole tradition
                              In the latin mafia.😟
                              Jamaica you mite get a Petroleum well with
                              United Oil by 1.31.26;You also has a NNPC option with the Abuja accord from 2022.What
                              happens then I don't know.A Petrol Well is
                              Probably forthcoming...

Comment

Working...
                              X