Westman, Your thouhts on the constant Road issues in JA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Westman, Your thouhts on the constant Road issues in JA

Is Marl the right aggregate for Roads in Jamaica? It seems to me I am seeing Marl and then an inch of asphalt on top. What is the better method. In my layman opinion it seems short sighted your thoughts?

totally agree with you. I am frustrated
    "Jah Jah see dem a come, but I & I a Conqueror!"

Comment

Don't they have construction codes/ laws that penalize builders that don't comply with them ,if you build ,rehab or do any construction work that's doesnt meet the standard, you can be sued or money can be with held.

Its a racket in jamaica,or maybe the codes.and laws are weak which enables this theft..
      THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

all of what you said is true. They dont seem to have a process on how roads are built. What materials, how much compacting ect... its a horror show.. I a surprise more roads dont collapse.

Comment

about a year ago Ann Marie Vaz had a contractor repair a road, only to see month after it was coming apart. She went back to him and he stated that he got a bad tar mix. She had him do it over again.

So it seems like the mix could also be a problem in these case and how many parliamentarians hold these contractors responsible? What is the standard for the mix? What is the standard for Marl, stones, concrete mix and asphault mix???
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

When me see them a build roads here, me see them lay the aggregate so thick it looks like at least three roads on top
            Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
              When me see them a build roads here, me see them lay the aggregate so thick it looks like at least three roads on top
              True I see it here too, sometimes you think the road is done before they even put on the top surface. I also think road design , slopes. run off flood mitigation is not considered. I remember being in Orlando and admiring the collection ponds they have to mitigate flooding. Same to a certain extent downtown Houston.if the people in the NWA can hire consultant who can design it.

Comment

It is not that we can't design it because most of old roads had run off and drains although you wouldn't know as many is not cleaned for decades and they are buried.

It cost more to have proper drainage and while most politicians in just interested in what seems to be "something done" and the least it cost that maybe how the bidding is done. Proper policies need to be not only put in place but followed. An example is the North Coast highway, when they build it there is a bridge in Port Maria which they lowered and it now make the town more vulnerable to flooding but it would cost more to make the bridge higher, they get new road but who care about a few people flooded out?
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

I am not sure if we do but I can be convinced.

Comment

OJ, we may need help in some area but in the 70s the roads were done much better and lasted longer. It may not have been big bridges but the internal roads were in much better shape, with drains and good asphalt mix, but it was mostly done by PWD and not politician friends. Between Jamaica and the diaspora we can do better.

Comment

Working...
                    X