X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big up Tappa

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/s...ing-squad-call

http://web5.jamaica-gleaner.com/arti...-boyz-whitmore

People realize that when a friendly game is been played local youths are called to training and given a chance to make it?

Another thing is players get a chance to get a few caps so as to make it more attractive for transfers.

Is it practice to call all European players to play Belize in a competition you have already won? or do you give some youth a run?

Coaches have to have the right mixture or they will not last.

Tappa over the last few years reach the finals of semi of the GC and finals. Can we give the coach some credit? Reaching number 45 in the world ranking and keeping it steady.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Originally posted by Assasin
    http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/s...ing-squad-call

http://web5.jamaica-gleaner.com/arti...-boyz-whitmore

People realize that when a friendly game is been played local youths are called to training and given a chance to make it?

Another thing is players get a chance to get a few caps so as to make it more attractive for transfers.

Is it practice to call all European players to play Belize in a competition you have already won? or do you give some youth a run?

Coaches have to have the right mixture or they will not last.

Tappa over the last few years reach the finals of semi of the GC and finals. Can we give the coach some credit? Reaching number 45 in the world ranking and keeping it steady.

The guy is clueless, he states lack of ambition is a major factor holding back,suffers trying to get out of the ghetto.. I can see why he cant fix that midfield,he has no faith in them or worse yet his ability to develop them,he wants you to believe the mentality to get out of poverty has changed since WC 98,sadly some of you have bought it.

So when they expectedly fail,dont blame him. Wow what a confidence builder.
    Last edited by Sir X; May 22, 2020, 06:29 PM.
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

I got this from another source but how many of these players are not sure pick for Tappa (Aka core)?

Goal-Andre Blake
      Rb-Alvas Powell
      Lb-Kemar Lawrence
      Ch-Damion Lowe
      Ch-Adrian Marriappa
      Cm Michael Hector
      Cm-Jevaughn Watson
      Rm-Leon Bailey
      Lm-Dever Orgill
      Am-Bobby Reid
      Fw-Shemar Nicholson
      Fw-Cory Burke
      Gk Amal Knight
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
        I got this from another source but how many of these players are not sure pick for Tappa (Aka core)?

Goal-Andre Blake
        Rb-Alvas Powell
        Lb-Kemar Lawrence
        Ch-Damion Lowe
        Ch-Adrian Marriappa
        Cm Michael Hector
        Cm-Jevaughn Watson
        Rm-Leon Bailey
        Lm-Dever Orgill
        Am-Bobby Reid
        Fw-Shemar Nicholson
        Fw-Cory Burke
        Gk Amal Knight

Keep guessing and that's the thing,if this is where we are ,wi inna trouble

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

No answer the question and you get your core. You see you a real Joka, you just need the mask fi go with it.

Comment

If you read Macheal Turner piece "The JFF vs Jamaica ", answering the question of a core can become nothing but semantics e.g Core vs Spine based on the perception of mitigating circumstances, of leagues players are in and FIFA tournaments they are called for, the bigger question that would answer both " Core vs Spine" would lead you to examine consistency and here Tappa by all accounts fails. The data does not lie.

Machel Turner
            Sports Management Professional

A concern with more validity would be the constant changing of line- ups however there were players who were dealing with injuries and loss/ gain of form, which made juggling inevitable. My observations of the Nations League campaign led me to believe that the coaching staff were searching for the right combinations and solutions to problem areas in the team against opponents which we were more than equipped to handle. As the calendar now is almost devoid of opportunities for friendlies, is it possible the mixing and matching was done during that competition with a view to having a Gala XI from that core in time for the start of World Cup Qualification in September, a plan hindered by the loss of two international windows (March, June) due to the current pandemic?

In the other article "Tappa Based or Defended" the data explicitly states

Since June of last year, when Bailey made his debut for Jamaica, Whitmore has used 34 players between the 2019 Concacaf Gold Cup and Nations League tournaments, which ended in November.

During the Nations League, only defenders Adrian Mariappa and Alvas Powell started all six games for Jamaica, who topped Group C of League B for promotion.

In my personal examination of Tappa during the Gold, I wrote an article "Theordore Whitmore: Indictment Unsealed " and voiced my concerns about the lack of consistency in a starting 11.

The most glaring issue noticed by the pundits, was our disjointed play in the midfield and how they were bypassed, therefore leaving our forward line on their own to create their own chances or in most instances chasing the ball. From what I observed these players fought for every ball and chased every ball; we failed in passing the ball from the midfield to attack. In other words, no fluidity in our play, most of the plays were from the defense to the attack by an air route. I attribute this to a lack of chemistry displayed by the ignorance of Tappa. As you will see below in contrast to the USA consistency, our team changed 33 to 40 % every game , that’s 3 to 4 players with the bulk of it coming from the midfield and forward line. In fact, the only time the defense changed was after Lowe had to sit out the semifinal game because of an accumulation of yellow cards.

The question of consistency is current and continous and I was one of the 1st to bring it to the fore, I am glad others have chimed in and this will see the opening of wounds that will be the end of Tappa and the JFF. I dont believe Tappa can change or rectify the damage he has done and I am a 100% sure alot more ugly stories will come out after he has left.

Stop wasting my time and grow up, you cant save Tappa, the public is on to him.

Comment

yes who did we play in these games again? Those are prime games to find the support cast and buss some youngsters.
              https://www.caribbeannationalweekly....uda-in-jamaica.

Every coach do that. The coach run out his best and you qualify you look at other players. Jamaica had time to play at least 3 or 4 more games and have camp in the off season but the coach need to look at every possible available player.

Comment

Working...
              X