Willi, upcoming: Battle of the Blues # CCXCV111

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Willi, upcoming: Battle of the Blues # CCXCV111

... look like unnu haffi spank Strong Blue by > 3 goals to have a good shot fi advance..

Bridgeport dent StGC's title ambitions
    Published: Thursday | November 11, 2010

Robert Bailey, Gleaner Writer

Defending champions St George's
    College (StGC) were brought back down to earth after heroic 4-3 victory over Kingston College (KC) last Saturday, losing 2-1 to Bridgeport in second-round action of the Inter-Secondary Schools Sports Association (ISSA)/Pepsi/Digicel Manning Cup urban area schoolboy football competition at Constant Spring Sports Complex yesterday.

In the opening match at the same venue, Jamaica College (JC) solidified their title credentials with a 1-0 win over KC.

The victory propelled JC, who defeated Bridgeport 2-0 in their opening game, to the top of Group Two with six points, three ahead of Bridgeport and St George's, who are both tied on three points. KC are at the bottom of the group without a point.

The winners of the second round's three groups, plus the best second-place team, will advance to the semi-finals.

Yesterday's loss seriously affects St George's College's chances of retaining their title, as they might not even finish second in the group because they have tough JC to play in their final fixture, while Bridgeport are going up against KC, who have lost both matches.

Bridgeport, coached by Anthony Patrick, were led to victory courtesy of goals from Tyshawn Reinford (5th) and Jamiel Hardware (52nd).

St George's, which fought back from 3-0 down to beat KC last Saturday, got their goal from Jhuvon Francis in the 70th minute.

Patrick, whose team's last won the competition in 2006, was delighted with his side's effort.

"I am happy that we got the three points," said Patrick. "However, I was hoping that we would have got some more goals."

Looking towards their upcoming match against KC, Patrick added: "We have always put ourselves in this situation over the last five years and we have still managed to dig ourselves out of it and I am confident that we can get the goals in our next match to advance to the semi-finals."

Played hard

Neville Bell, the coach of St George's, felt they gifted their opponents a goal.

"I am disappointed that we didn't win, but again we gave up a goal that we shouldn't have given up," said Bell, who was celebrating his birthday.

He added: "Congrats to Bridgeport because they played hard. But we also played hard, it just wasn't our day today and, hopefully, we can get it right in our next game."

In the other match, Odane Greensword scored the lone goal for JC in the 76th minute.

Despite the win, Delroy Brown, JC's assistant coach, was not all satisfied.

"I am not really happy with our performance, but I am happy with the result. Our plan was to get three points and that was exactly what we did.

"However, the match was a little tougher than what we expected, but we got the end result what we needed to move forward," he added.
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

It look so. LoL

Yuh know we aggo try!

Comment

Originally posted by Willi View Post
      It look so. LoL

Yuh know we aggo try!
      mi kno unnu cyaan score goal...nuff talent dehdeh... unnu ave national senior playa & national unda 20 & unda 17 playa Is like wi cyan sen unnu out inn di Digicel Cup..

problem is...di defence nuh look too certain

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

We have big don centre half, so the goals against are a puzzle.

Royce haffi buss next match!!!! We need him.

Comment

well yuh dun kno seh defence (an all else) is a team ting...nat a one man ting

unnu definitely gi up tuh much goal...

Comment

I must agree with Don1 here...we give up too much goals. Scoring >3 against JC will be difficult, but not impossible.
            "He has been the best so far based on his level of professionalism and great motivational skills. That made him one of the top coaches I have ever been under. He was exceptional in getting the best out of his players."

Paul Young on Renee Simoes (c. 2005)

Comment

Den we all agree. Remember, I am puzzled as to why wi defense soft, given that I have read that Fischer is the best schoolboy centre-half seen in decades!!!!

Comment

Have you not seen the performance of the goalkeeper in the youtube clips? LOL

Comment

Fisher has not played a minute in the manning cup, from what I hearing, he had no grades to do so.

Comment

why is that a recurring theme?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I agree...Sigh!

Comment

Working...
                      X