Achtung New York
Jamaicans in the NY Diaspora to debate election 2011 issues 'live' on iPhones, iPad & iPad Touch
NEW YORK, USA — With the recent announcement by PM of Jamaica, the Hon. Andrew Holness of the date of general elections, Jamaica nationals in the NY Diaspora are paying keen interest to the issues that will help shape voters decision when they head to the polls on December 29. Jamaicans here have a raft of issues they would like to see addressed by whichever party forms the next government.
Some of the issues they would like addressed by both the PNP and JLP are:
1) Should Jamaica nationals in the USA Diaspora be allowed to vote in General elections in Jamaica?
2) Absentee ballots of some sort?
3) Dual citizenship and how it impacts those who may be interested in serving their country.
4) Who is the right person for the job...The Hon Andrew Holness or the Hon. Portia Simpson-Miller?
5) Jamaican Senate seat for the diaspora?
6) New Style of Politics, No More buying Votes, Hijacking of Democracy
7) Governance Structure
8) Rebuilding / Building Jamaica Infrastructure
9) Private / Public Partner Relationships
10) Opportunities for the Employable Youth,
11) Red Tape to Red Carpet
12) The Role of the Diaspora, Investments Opportunities, Tourism, Diaspora Bond
13) The Role of Consulates / CGs in this new order
On Friday, December 16 at 7pm, Caribbean Lifestyle TV producers and host Irwine Clare will host a panel of some of the brightest minds in the tri-state area to discuss these and other topics during what should be a lively debate.
The 1 hour program will 'air live' on all iPhones, iPad and iPad touch anywhere in the world.
To watch the show, download the free Servocast app, register and click DC-TV
The best way to predict the future, is to create it
Jamaica's FIRST National Robotics Champs
Project TEAM Works - Creating Jamaica's 21st Century Workforce
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|