X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stuart Hall: Deportees, Music and Homosexuality in the Cult

Culture :

https://www.ugr.es/~hum736/revista%2...art%20Hall.pdf

Culture is a translation , which means the conversion of something into another form,the question to me is it one route ,one way or multiple routes or ways, which will result in multiple forms of expressions e.g our own,its expressed in different forms in central america,carribbean to north america and europe,can we say ,it is owned by us ? could a British translation influence Jamaicans at home or a Panamania , C. Rican or American ,is it happening already in this new globalization.

Which I would argue to Mr Hall is nothing new, when the British empire ruled the seas, wasnt that not globalization with a British influence which resulted in the genesis of the Jamaican cultural translation in the carribbean, central america and of course Britain , all I see now is an American influence of globalization with further translation of Jamaican culture , any global influence that follows the american will have to deal with that Jamaican translation.

Hall was/is a great man,history will prove his works will only magnify his greatness !
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.
Working...
X