No announcement yet.

Assasin!!!.......I can't think of any industry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope this helps with what info you're seeking.
    Small businesses, corporations, industries, and countries are continually seeking ways to be more productive and more efficient, in an effort to generate more revenue/to be profitable. Technology, and the continued advances in technology, has been an asset and MAJOR driving force in those pursuits.......Look at the automobile manufacturing industry in the '60s & '70s and how it is now.

Comment

I understand that, What I am saying is the productivity is measured iin the additional unit produced. What I am saying is technology by itself can't be measured by it self, It has to be measure by the results in the supporting industries.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Your problem is tourism is not a supporting industry that drives the economy, much less technology

Technology on the other hand drives the economy and the tourism industry and it can be measured .

Arguement done.

https://www.investopedia.com/article...us-economy.asp
        THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

https://www.forbes.com/sites/danielr.../#8896dde2b85a

tell me 7.8 precent of the US economy is not a huge slice for one industry.

"The WTTC's president, Gloria Guevara, says travel and tourism now is responsible for creating one out of every five new jobs worldwide."

The travel and tourism sector’s growth performance, touted recently in numbers released by the World Travel & Tourism Council, highlights the size and growing importance of a sector that is not broadly understood by the public to be as big and as economically important as it actually is.
          Join your friends at the back of the class.
          Last edited by Assasin; July 2, 2020, 11:09 AM.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

A couple things...

Originally posted by Sir X View Post
            Your problem is tourism is not a supporting industry that drives the economy, much less technology

Technology on the other hand drives the economy and the tourism industry and it can be measured .

Argument done.

https://www.investopedia.com/article...us-economy.asp
            * The article is apparently only referencing Information Technology/Digital Services as the "technology industry" because this is easy to quantify and is listed on financial markets at ~10% of GDP. The hardware-based tech components embedded in a vast array of industries/products are also "technology" but those inputs are so huge & disaggregated that it defies any calculation. It's included in other sector data

The 4 other main US economic drivers - Health Care, Manufacturing, Retail & Construction...are absolutely dependent on technology - hardware & digital

So the actual impact of technology on the economy is way beyond this assessment

* I was looking and hoping to see "tourism" as a Top 5 driver of US growth...but alas.. huge disappointment
            TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

https://blueswandaily.com/usa-remain...world-economy/

Comment

The WTTC findings highlight that travel and tourism is the second-fastest growing sector in the world, ahead of Healthcare (+3.1%); Information Technology (+1.7%) and Financial Services (+1.7%) and behind only Manufacturing, which grew by 4%. It also shows a slight growth in leisure and reduction in business spending year-on-year (78.5/21.5 for 2018 versus 77.5/22.5 for 2017). Domestic tourists continue to dominate and account for more than 71% of spending, but the international share is on the rise, increasing from 27.3% in 2017 to 28.8% in 2018.

Produce one out of every 5 jobs worldwide.

Travel and Tourism is 7.8 percent of the US economy.

Put the car in reverse youth

Comment

Johnny's English Comprehension fails again

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                  https://www.forbes.com/sites/danielr.../#8896dde2b85a

tell me 7.8 precent of the US economy is not a huge slice for one industry.

"The WTTC's president, Gloria Guevara, says travel and tourism now is responsible for creating one out of every five new jobs worldwide."
                  Johnny..no one is saying lots of jobs aren't to be found in tourism. You can't seem to keep on the subject

Low level workers need jobs in the US as in JA and around the world. Many such jobs are in tourism, retail etc and people find work there. That's clear to everyone.

For an advanced economy tourism is unable to be a "main driver" of progress. It's too low on skill levels and low value adding. Backward countries like JA can limp along..remain beggar nations.. and continue depending on tourism as a or the main driver.

As JA has found...that dependence on tourism is a road to nowhere. It's 2020 and if folks don't understand that by now they are beyond Dummies. Not saying you are one though Johnny.. But if you continue posting you'll prove it yourself

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

The total number of American jobs supported by travel was 15.8 million in 2019. This indicates
                    that one in eight U.S. non-farm jobs directly and indirectly relies on the travel industry. Total
                    travel-related employment includes 9 million travel jobs—jobs where workers produce goods
                    and services sold directly to visitors—and nearly seven million indirect and induced travelrelated jobs—jobs where workers produce goods and services used to produce what visitors
                    buy and jobs supported by induced output

https://www.ustravel.org/system/file...m-Overview.pdf

Comment

How is it not the main driver when 1 in 8 US employees is working in the industry or because of it? That alone kill your argument. Is the US a beggar nation as well?

Nobody is saying Jamaica shouldn't educate and pursue other avenues in technology and light technology but to put it on tourism is quite foolish. Well the problem is not tourism as per say it is the policies and our leaders and that is the same reason we are lacking in education and technology. Tourism is not the reason.

Last edited by Assasin; July 2, 2020, 11:57 AM.

Comment

Johnny's English Comprehension Failure Again

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                        The WTTC findings highlight that travel and tourism is the second-fastest growing sector in the world, ahead of Healthcare (+3.1%); Information Technology (+1.7%) and Financial Services (+1.7%) and behind only Manufacturing, which grew by 4%. It also shows a slight growth in leisure and reduction in business spending year-on-year (78.5/21.5 for 2018 versus 77.5/22.5 for 2017). Domestic tourists continue to dominate and account for more than 71% of spending, but the international share is on the rise, increasing from 27.3% in 2017 to 28.8% in 2018.

Produce one out of every 5 jobs worldwide.

Travel and Tourism is 7.8 percent of the US economy.

Put the car in reverse youth
                        Johnny pls stay on message

The subject is "main economic drivers" and the article mentioned 5 sectors.. none being "tourism"

It's just too low level to be a main driver of the US economy. Is it a main driver for JA? Absolutely. Only its driving JA in circles.

Some hotelier can build a warehouse all-inclusive hotel and instantly hire 1500 workers...with minimal skills

It's just too low level Johnny. Plus ~70% of earnings flow right back out in imports. Regrets that the tourism you love is so pathetic as an economic driver Johnny. It's not your fault
                        Last edited by Don1; July 2, 2020, 11:52 AM.

Comment

Comment

Ok Johnny.. This case is closed for me. No further time to waste on incoherent rubbish

You may carry on though

Comment

yes because your point is muted again. You will revisit it 3 days again in a different way. LOL!!!

Comment

My point is "muted"??????? Run di place Johnny!

Comment

Working...
                                X