Dear Coaches and Friends,
On Sept 4th through 6th GSM International will be holding the below coaching course for Senior and Youth Coaches. If you wish to know more information about this coourse and how to sign up please go to the Jamaica Football Coaches association website @ http://www.jamaicafootballcoachesassociation.com
in the days ahead.
GSM International Coaching Education Program and the Jamaican Football Coaches Association
Coaching Football Fitness
(A Fitness Course for High Level Youth and Senior Coaches)
Course Date and Schedule:
- The Jamaican Football Coaches Association
- Global Soccer Ministries Jamaica Ltd.
Coaching Football Fitness Presentations are through:
- Starts 6:00 PM September 4th and operates September 5th & 6th of 25 hours of class and field work. Ends 9 PM September 6th.
- Field Sessions – Daily AM and PM
- Lecture Sessions – Evening Classroom
- Open Discussion During All Sessions
6:00 PM Welcome and Presentations
- Certificate GSM International Coaching Football Fitness
- Welcome by JFCA and What We Are About
6:30 - 9:30 PM – About GSM & Coaching Football Fitness
6:30 PM - Welcome to GSM Coaching Education – Paul Banta and Baris Johnson
- Paul Banta - International Coaching Educator and President of GSM International
- Paul Shaw - Coaching Education Director - Virginia Youth Soccer Association
- Geoffrey Maxwell – Technical Director of Waterhouse FC
- Baris Johnson – Director of Coaching GSM Jamaica Ltd.
- Theodore Whitmore – National Team Coach Jamaica
- Warren Barrett – National Goalkeeping Coach (possible)
7:30 PM - Components of Coaching Football Fitness – Lectures by Paul Shaw and Paul Banta and Open Discussion
- Coaching Education by GSM International
- About GSM International in Jamaica and Internationally
- What is Coaching Football Fitness about in Jamaica?
- What is Player Development through ‘Coaching Football Fitness’?
- What is the Course Contents and Expectation?
9:00 PM – Open Discussion from Coaches about Coaching Football Fitness
8 AM – 10 AM - Field Work – Paul Banta
The Match Develops Your Player’s Football Fitness?
- Pre-season Football Fitness – Paul Shaw
- Football Fitness During Your Season and Post Season League Play – Paul Shaw
- Warm-up as related to Football Fitness – Paul Banta
- Football Fitness for your players positions as they attack and defense in matches – Paul Banta
- Endurance (aerobic) and Muscle (anaerobic) fitness through the demands of small sided functional games – Paul Shaw
- Combining Techniques, Tactics and Football Fitness into Your Training Exercises – Paul Shaw
- Fitness for Goalkeepers – Paul Banta
- Football Fitness, Fun and Player Motivation – Paul Banta
- The Match that Develop Your Player’s Football Fitness – Paul Banta
- The match for football fitness
Fitness for Players in Attack and Defense
- How should we use the match to create each player’s football fitness?
- Why should we focus on the match for football fitness?
10:15 AM – 12:30 PM – Field Work – Paul Shaw
Anaerobic and Aerobic Football Fitness through the Demands of Small Sided Games with Emphasis on Functional and Match Relate Training
- Team and Individual Fitness in Attacking from a K-4-4-2
- Team and Individual Fitness in Defending from a K-4-4-2
- Football Fitness for Forwards, Wingers, and Backs
- Level of Anaerobic and Aerobic Football Fitness
- Interval training for players positions in attack and defense
Example: Forward, winger and central midfielders in the final attacking zone in a combination of anaerobic and aerobic to score goals from wing play
- Designing training sessions for anaerobic football fitness for your players
- Designing training sessions for aerobic football fitness for your players
- Training playing groups together through small side games
Techniques, Tactics and Football Fitness
- Anaerobic and aerobic in team defense
- Progressive small sided functional game with field size and playing time controls
1:30 PM – 3:30 PM – Field Work – Paul Banta
Fitness for Goalkeepers
- Football functional or match related exercise that create the development of technique, tactics and football fitness (either anaerobic or aerobic or a combination of anaerobic and aerobic) all being inter related and coached in one exercise.
3:30 PM-5:30 PM – Field Work
Football Fitness During Your Season and Post Season Play offs
- Pressure functional training for quickness in attacking situations
- Pressure functional training for quickness in defending situations
- Fast feet workouts
- Upper body and abdominal goalkeeper fitness exercises
6:30 PM to 7:30 PM – Lecture by Paul Shaw
Football Testing of Players, Their Recovery and Regeneration (Developing a Seasonal Plan)
- Maintaining Match Fitness throughout your season
- Getting ready for post season matches
7:30 PM to 9:00 PM – Lecture by
Football Fitness, Fun and Player Motivation
- In order to come up with a plan for match fitness, we need to establish a starting point. How does our football fitness plan impact what will happen on the field in training for matches?
- What are football fitness testing tools for the coach and how to evaluate them?
- How do we come up with a plan for the season?
9:00 PM – Open Discussion on the day
8:00 AM-10:00 AM
Warm-up as related to Football Fitness – Paul Banta
- Do your player at your fitness methods?
- Are you fitness training exercises about football or some other sport like Athletics?
- Do your players look forward to football fitness with the understanding that football fitness is about playing the game?
- Can your player have a good laugh in your football fitness exercise or do you cause your payers grief
- Quick feet are vital
Football Warm-ups through Small Sided Games
- Warming up before Practice
- Warming up progressively to meet the heavy demands of practice
- Post practice stretch as a team
- Post practice stretching as an individual player two after your practice
10:15 AM – 12:30 PM – Field Session – Paul Banta and Warren Barrette
More Fitness for Goalkeepers
- Passive Play
- No Tackling
- Specific task for players to achieve
- Games Functional and Match Related in Nature
1:30 PM – 3:30 PM
Creating and Scoring Goals in Football Fitness Functional Games and Exercises
- Attacking exercise
- Defending exercises
- Quick feet and hands
3:30 PM – 5:30 PM - Field Work
Backs and Keepers in Football Fitness Functional Games and Exercises
Training Players in Small Side Games to Receive Football Fitness
- Central Defending
- Flank defenders
6:30 PM – 8:30 PM – Lecture/Discussion Classroom Session
6:30 PM- & 7:30 PM
Football Nutrient – Paul Shaw
- Small sided functional games for football fitness training
- Small sided match related games for football fitness training
6:30 PM – 9:00 PM
Coaching from a Leadership Role with Integrity – Paul Banta
- Before Training Sessions and Matches
- After Training Sessions and Matches
- During the week
9:00 PM –Closing Remarks/Certification Awards
- You are to be a Person of Influence to Develop Players
- The Importance of Moral/Christian Leadership Roles in the Game
- What’s Leadership?
- Why Be a Leader?
- How to Lead?
- When Do I Lead?
Laboring together in the game as one,
Paul Banta - President/Founder of GSM International
843.235.3762 USA Office