Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Over US$1.7m sponsorship in schoolboy football

What is the JFF doing?

Lifting The Game - ISSA Determined To Improve Schoolboy Football After Mega Deal With Digicel, Wisynco

SPONSORSHIP BREAKDOWN

Digicel, who are sponsoring local schoolboy football for the second time, have pumped $75 million over three years into the Manning Cup and Walker Cup competitions.

On the other hand, Wisynco have sponsored the daCosta Cup and Ben Francis competitions to the tune of over $100 million for the same period. Broadcast sponsor SportsMax has also signed a multi-year deal with ISSA to the tune of $28 million per year.

Associate sponsor KFC will be contributing $18 million, while another associate sponsor, Main Event Entertainment Group, will provide branding, technical and entertainment support.

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/s...fter-mega-deal
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Thats where the money goes ,i wonder why ?
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Apple and oranges. .. why is the Dcup receiving less

Comment

Why do you think it's less? Sounds less, but over $100m could mean anything.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

I just don't get it. Why dump so much money into an institution that's geared towards education? What are the local clubs doing whilst this is going on? Is it that all the boys that enter secondary schools are there to be professional footballers? What about those students that want to excel in STEM?

I guess students that have ambition in STEM should go to the local clubs for help. At the same time I see an article with the JPS opening a new plant in old harbor. Foreigners dominate in the skilled jobs sector. This come as no surprise because the local high schools are focusing on turning out professional footballers. The sad part is that some of those skilled professionals are from S. America. In S.America high school has nothing to do with professional football.

Carry on Ja, you are doing fine.

Comment

It is completely ridiculous. And if you throw in the Champs sponsorship, the numbers are almost criminal. Maybe that's one reason why girls continue to outperform boys academically. We don't have sponsors pulling the girls out of class to play netball.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Exactly. Ja has to stop this kind of thinking. There is no point in massaging our ego by saying My school won Dcup or Manning cup when knowing that high school football cannot hold a candle to pro football.

I say it again invite the players from Santos academy or River plate to play the high school footballers, this way Ja would see if they are moving in the right direction.

Check this: If one player is called from the national team by a Euro club, you see the local clubs come running. "ah my balla dat man, ah we bring him, Whey di contrak deh". Right now our local high school players are at the division 3 level. In order for Ja to reach D1, Ja must (repeat must) have
              the local clubs having an academy dedicated to football. This way those who are interested in being a professional player can pass the 10K rule.

Comment

Stop them nuh😏
                THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Working...
                X