Blatter's press release -

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blatter's press release -

This is a difficult time for football, the fans and for FIFA as an organisation. We understand the disappointment that many have expressed and I know that the events of today will impact the way in which many people view us.

As unfortunate as these events are, it should be clear that we welcome the actions and the investigations by the US and Swiss authorities and believe that it will help to reinforce measures that FIFA has already taken to root out any wrongdoing in football.

While there will be many who are frustrated with the pace of change, I would like to stress the actions that we have taken and will continue to take. In fact, today’s action by the Swiss Office of the Attorney General was set in motion when we submitted a dossier to the Swiss authorities late last year.

Let me be clear: such misconduct has no place in football and we will ensure that those who engage in it are put out of the game. Following the events of today, the independent Ethics Committee – which is in the midst of its own proceedings regarding the awarding of the 2018 and 2022 FIFA World Cups - took swift action to provisionally ban those individuals named by the authorities from any football-related activities at the national and international level. These actions are on top of similar steps that FIFA has taken over the past year to exclude any members who violate our own Code of Ethics.

We will continue to work with the relevant authorities and we will work vigorously within FIFA in order to root out any misconduct, to regain your trust and ensure that football worldwide is free from wrongdoing.

http://www.fifa.com/about-fifa/news/...hp_module_news
    Now Gamma, says Sepp knows how to play 'the game'...but although the above follows on his past statements whenever a 'FIFA scandal' strikes, it reminds me of past business 'leaders' utterances when 'caught out'. The statement, they hope, deflects attention. More a failing as those who make mistakes often seek to point the finger everywhere but at selves. A cry of fear as they hope the tsunami will somehow flow over them and leave them able to build anew.

I am thinking Sepp is a very worried man. ...and thinks the USA is gunning for him!!! ...and that USA is even bigga and baddah dan im FIFA!!!!
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Jack's tsunami

Jack Warner, had said that he can outline 'gifts' and 'dealings' of the world football governing body. ...and that in those dealings the FIFA President was a participant!

(Above is my interpretation of = a reading of (if you wish) or into a number of statements that Jack previously made).
    Last edited by Karl; May 28, 2015, 01:45 PM. Reason: Correction in spelling
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Thats not a question ,the USA is bigger than Fifa,Fifa is just another billion dollar corporation in the usa financial system,that has been doing corrupted business because of european consent,namely the swiss,Fifa 1st knocked heads with the USA when it had to pay back taxes,lord knows what they found,i.e laundering money ,since then its all down hill.

Its over for FIFA as we know it ,regardless if Sepp stays , i hope he doesnt but i think, even if caught found guilty and sentenced,there is a distrust of governance with a european bias by associations to keep him in.The talk of having a two tier WC shitstem etc , quotas on forgein players etc.
      THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

I still cannot why a man who will soon turn 80 is clinging on to power so much.
        "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Who yuh talking? Seaga?

Just for the record, Shimon Peres, Israeli president, is 90, Robert Mugabe and King Abdullah (Saudi Arabia) are both 89.

So, conceivably, Blatter could run for a 6th term!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Karl View Post
            Now Gamma, says Sepp knows how to play 'the game'...but although the above follows on his past statements whenever a 'FIFA scandal' strikes, it reminds me of past business 'leaders' utterances when 'caught out'. The statement, they hope, deflects attention. More a failing as those who make mistakes often seek to point the finger everywhere but at selves. A cry of fear as they hope the tsunami will somehow flow over them and leave them able to build anew.

I am thinking Sepp is a very worried man. ...and thinks the USA is gunning for him!!! ...and that USA is even bigga and baddah dan im FIFA!!!!
            Sepp: "Let me be clear: such misconduct has no place in football and we will ensure that those who engage in it are put out of the game." I think he meant to say "those who engage in it (except me)"...LOL!!! Too funny.
            "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

"There will be more to come. Blatter is a target," he said.

Investigative reporter Andrew Jennings, who published corruption allegations against Blatter in 2002, said in a tweet: "I gave the FBI the crucial documents that triggered yesterday's (Wednesday's) arrests.

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/sport...t-go-_19034350

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

King Robert of Zimbabwe had a 90th party not too long ago. I believe he is 91 now!

Power is a serious thing Tilla, not to mention the trappings that go along with it.
                "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

It is fascinating how these things can take on a life of their own once the ball gets rolling (pun intended )
                  "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

I would like to think that Jennings has an encyclopedia of allegations against Sepp and others, but will they be admissible in a US court? Did they involve transactions thru US banks?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Tilla View Post
                      I still cannot why a man who will soon turn 80 is clinging on to power so much.

Tilla -- he is another Mugabe
                      Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
                      - Langston Hughes

Comment

If they have certain corruption law even if the money don't pass through US banks they can be charged.
                        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                          Investigative reporter Andrew Jennings, who published corruption allegations against Blatter in 2002, said in a tweet: "I gave the FBI the crucial documents that triggered yesterday's (Wednesday's) arrests.

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/sport...t-go-_19034350
                          On this site I wrote of the corruption in FIFA starting with Sir Stanley Rous...and every succeeding FIFA president. The power that comes with being head of FIFA appears to be intoxicating. Sir Stanley, it is told, bawled like a baby when he was ousted.

The Brazilian was forced out!

Blatter appears to be also on his way out being dragged 'kicking and screaming' through the door.

...but here is 'the kicker' what makes The FA and the PM of Britain think a Middle Eastern prince who comes from a long line of arrogant clan who makes self-serving decisions with impunity will be an improvement on Blatter? ...a feeling...Yup! FEELING!...that no one can come close or match or preside over worst 'going-ons' than Blatter?

Look arrogance always gets those who have been wielding power for a long time. They just do not believe 'the laws' apply to them! They rule by following the 'golden rule' --- who has the gold makes the rules. They control the gold = FIFA's billions!!!

They would have been better served voting selves millions and leaving 'deals' alone. Sure the voting of multi-millions to selves would be disgusting but it happens every day in the corporate world. Most often that can be defended even if at times the defense 'stinks'!!! Change at least would give them greater chance of 'skipping jail' or confiscation of their 'millions'!

Can't wait to hear what likle Jacks' and Big Jack's songs say = plea deals. Big Jack has made his boast on coming tsunami!!!!????!!!!

Comment

...but here is 'the kicker' what makes The FA and the PM of Britain think a Middle Eastern prince who comes from a long line of arrogant clan who makes self-serving decisions with impunity will be an improvement on Blatter? ...a feeling...Yup! FEELING!...that no one can come close or match or preside over worst 'going-ons' than Blatter?
                            Are you suggesting there is something wrong with this "feeling"?

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Jennings thinks it started after.

I think it started round about when the English FA joined FIFA in order to host and win a world cup. just my own personal meandering

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Working...
                              X