RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What if the top tourism-dependent countries disappeared??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't fall in the trap. Isn't Britain, US and all other western countries depend on tourism too??

There is no reason for any one country to have one major industry, anybody with sense with tell you not to be overly reliant on one industry. Some of the poorest countries in the world are those with oil industries yet oil is profitable.

To have a robust tourism industry is plus and not a negative. As I always said, no bird fly on one wing. Having a robust tourism industry doesn't stop a diverse economy.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/16/n...-economy-.html
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Don1 View Post
      Tourism is a very useful industry BUT...based on the conclusive data, countries dependent on tourism are inconsequential in global affairs. Why? Such countries make virtually no 21st century-ready physical or digital product.

So tourism offers mainly low value adding elements in a world dominated by KNOWLEDGE APPLICATIONS as humanity pursues the Fourth Industrial Revolution.

But they're excellent for vacationing, sightseeing and observing the quaint ways of the natives for visitors from more advanced countries while dependent on those countries to create 21st century products for them to buy

Based on recent themes mentioned re JA we can add observing goats, cows, pigs and other tame animals to the list of tourism leisure activities some get very excited about

What a set of progressive people
      I know. Years ago I went to Hawaii and they too us to a pineapple farm. I just "kissed" me teeth. Agro tourism is the dumbest thing I have heard proposed as a product to advance Jamaica's tourism. Sad indeed. The boasy slaves have ran out of ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
        Don't fall in the trap. Isn't Britain, US and all other western countries depend on tourism too??

There is no reason for any one country to have one major industry, anybody with sense with tell you not to be overly reliant on one industry. Some of the poorest countries in the world are those with oil industries yet oil is profitable.

To have a robust tourism industry is plus and not a negative. As I always said, no bird fly on one wing. Having a robust tourism industry doesn't stop a diverse economy.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/16/n...-economy-.html
        No. They are not dependent on tourism. The US has a flexible economy with a strong manufacturing and agricultural base and the UK basically depends on financial services/stealing/money laundering. Greece, Spain, Italy, Portugal make nothing the rest of the world needs, cant do without or cant get more of, of better quality at better prices from elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Reggaedoc View Post
          I know. Years ago I went to Hawaii and they too us to a pineapple farm. I just "kissed" me teeth. Agro tourism is the dumbest thing I have heard proposed as a product to advance Jamaica's tourism. Sad indeed. The boasy slaves have ran out of ideas.
          Yuh seeit Rdoc
          TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

they have a diverse economy but a there is still a dependency on tourism, It is a huge part of the economy which keep, plane, train, buses running, Sports, the arts, shopping etc. One of the biggest industry London has is shopping which is done from people outside of London to all the other offering. Yes financial service is a part but people who come for this kind of service usually park themselves in a posh hotel and fly on a plane, get a texi or private driver or use bus service which adds up to part of the tourism industry, they also take in a show, a EPL game and visit various museums Now you see why Tourism is a big part of their economy????

Tourism also includes Business travel, just in case you forget.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Johnny you've still not defined what you mean by "depend". If someone has kids they're dependents...i.e. the parent is critical to their survival and further advancement. In some circumstances the kid would suffer grievously or even expire without the parents' support.

Is that true re the relationship of US, Britain etc to tourism? Forget about JA as it's clearly true since the country is a basket case notwithstanding the economic stabilization achieved over the past 2 regimes
              Last edited by Don1; June 28, 2020, 08:42 PM.

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

the real fact is there is no technology Industry as per say, there is a technology sector which depends on a host of industries including manufacturing, Agriculture, Tourism, financial services and others. Technology will not grow in any economy that doesn't have a robust tourism industry.

Tell me one country that has great modern technology without a robust tourism industry. Give me one.

Comment

Johnny cut the crap and define what you mean by depend. That appears to be a huge problem for you

Comment

Answer my question.

You are the one below who said depend mean different so how comes you asking? I told above technology sector depends on other industry. There is no technology Industry. The end result of technology show up in many industries.

Show me a country that has robust technology without a robust tourism industry.

Comment

the real fact is there is no technology Industry as per say, there is a technology sector which depends on a host of industries including manufacturing, Agriculture, Tourism, financial services and others. Technology will not grow in any economy that doesn't have a robust tourism industry.

Tell me one country that has great modern technology without a robust tourism industry. Give me one.
                      Sass, no ody is saying they dont have tourism but they are not tourism base economies. If a single foreign tourist doesnt go the the US, the economy wouldn't even flinch. Unlike Spain which is on the verge of bankruptcy

Comment

Not true. You see what happen when travel shut down because of COVID. Show how important Travel and tourism is.

I posted the article about NY up above.

Comment

Answer my question.

You are the one below who said depend mean different so how comes you asking? I told above technology sector depends on other industry. There is no technology Industry. The end result of technology show up in many industries.

Sass you make me laugh bredren. Technology showing up in tourism is not the same as a technology based industry. I mean, it is obvious that if you have hotels, you will need telephones, computers cadh registers etc but you are confusing that with a technology based industry. Your way of thinking is way too simplistic Sass, almost sophomoric bro.

Comment

Answer my question.

Sass you make me laugh bredren. Technology showing up in tourism is not the same as a technology based industry. I mean, it is obvious that if you have hotels, you will need telephones, computers cash registers etc but you are confusing that with a technology based industry. Your way of thinking is way too simplistic Sass, almost sophomoric bro.

Comment

Tourism is a huge driver of Areo space, rail, auto and other technology which is used to move people from point A to B. It is more than a few computers and phone. When you think of Air travel, you think of tourism. When you think of Airports you think of taxis renta car, cruises which is the biggest shipping industry, think entertainment of all kind, think sport, stadium, museum and manufacturers who supply.

Lock down tourism to New York, no plane, no business travel, and see how many city and other employee go without a job.

Look at Jamaica. 5 million tourist mean we now have a market of 7.5 million people to sell products to, so that means if we do it right, we increase manufacturing, farming, technology, financial services and a lot more.

Comment

Johnny mi lose offa yuh

You are the one below who said depend mean different so how comes you asking?
                                This is PRECISELY WHY I'm asking...because "depend mean different" English Comprehension 101

I told above technology sector depends on other industry. There is no technology Industry. The end result of technology show up in many industries

There is no technology industry or rather...industries?? So how is technology produced?? By magic? Maybe by tourism?? Or as you claim..the end result just "show up"??

Bro it looks as if you're in accelerated cognitive decline

Show me a country that has robust technology without a robust tourism industry
                                This request is nonsensical
                                Last edited by Don1; June 28, 2020, 10:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X