DQ to be honoured in NYC by TJB 4/12

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DQ to be honoured in NYC by TJB 4/12

CMM…New York; April 5, 2011 …The New York Diaspora is abuzz with anticipation as it gets ready to welcome and honor five times Olympian Donald O. Quarrie, C.D. New York based not-for profit, Team Jamaica Bickle (TJB), will honor Quarrie for his stellar career in track and field, which spanned three decades and a highly active and impactful post-athletic career in the field which made him famous.

The Reception will be held on Tuesday, April 12, 2011 from 6p.m. thru 12 midnight at the Sullivan Room, 214 Sullivan Street, New York. The event will be hosted by leading New York Radio personality, Dahved Levy of 107.5 FM WBLS; and will have in attendance stakeholders of the sport fraternity, Diaspora politicians and leaders as well as other specially invited guests.

Quarries phenomenal career began at the age of 17, and is one marked by major milestones and magnificent accomplishments. In his first Olympic appearance in 1968 (Mexico City) Quarrie had to withdraw due to injury. This temporary setback did not deter him from persevering and pushing forward. He went on to stamp his name amongst the greatest athletes in the annals of track and field history. He was prolific on the track, winning numerous gold medals and silver medals at the Olympic Games thru 1984. In between that he made his mark, replicating stunning performances at premier track meets among them the Commonwealth Games; the Pan Am Games and several other meets across the U.S. At the 1971 Pan American Games: (California) he earned gold medals in both the, 100m and 200m, running the second fastest time ever at 19.86, a (Jamaica) national record which lasted for 36 years. In the 1975 U.S. Track and Field Championships he culled gold in the 100m becoming the first non-American to win that title.

He is the only male sprinter to ever win three back to back championship titles at the Commonwealth Games,

Quarries, post athletic career has been equally prolific. He has coached several athletes to Olympic medals. He has served many Athletic bodies and private sport organizations worldwide, among them Nike, Fila, the International Association of Athletics Federation (IAAF); and the Jamaica Amateur Athletic Association, (JAAA). He is a Certified Athletes Representative of USA Track & Field (USATF).

Donald served as the Technical Leader for the Jamaican National Team at the IAAF World Championships and at the 2008 Beijing Olympics. In 2008, he was inducted into the California Sports Hall of Fame in honor of his achievements in track and field.

About Team Jamaica Bickle
    TJB is a 501c3 Non-profit organization created in 1994, to provide much needed assistance for the athletes, the officials, and coaching staff while they compete at the Penn Relays. The support is in the form of meals, transportation, physical therapy transportation, reduced air fares and hotel rates and other amenities.

In 1999, Team Jamaica Bickle became the 1st Jamaican organization to be a participating sponsor at the Penn Relays, thus allowing us to partner with our corporate friends. As a result the Jamaican flag became the 1st foreign flag to be flown at the Penn Relays, a distinction unmatched. Over the years, T.J.B. has received several proclamations and awards from several local and national entities.

Media Contact:
    Andrea Daley
    caribmedia1@gmail.com
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Quarrie deserves all the acalodes he has received...

...and the Team Bickle organisation deserve maximum respek!
    It does wonderful work.

...and it is a WONDERFUL GROUP OF PERSONS who lead that organisation.

Respek due! Respek given!
    "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

true dat

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

I was just about to comment on Ms Daley's use of the word "quarries" instead of Quarry's but then I saw Karl's "acalodes" and I decided to let the sleeping dogs be. Mi nah seh nutten sah!
        "The contribution of forumites and others who visit shouldn’t be discounted, and offending people shouldn’t be the first thing on our minds. Most of us are educated and can do better." Mi bredrin Sass Jan. 29,2011

Comment

Originally posted by Farmah View Post
          I was just about to comment on Ms Daley's use of the word "quarries" instead of Quarry's but then I saw Karl's "acalodes" and I decided to let the sleeping dogs be. Mi nah seh nutten sah!
          yuh cyan Quarrel eeh

Comment

No sah! Mi naah seh a word.
            "The contribution of forumites and others who visit shouldn’t be discounted, and offending people shouldn’t be the first thing on our minds. Most of us are educated and can do better." Mi bredrin Sass Jan. 29,2011

Comment

Originally posted by Farmah View Post
              I will laugh at error. Trus mi when cut a bleed!
              So a "c" missing...I shall leave the wart.
              "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
              X