Jamaican invention a COVID-19 fighter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jamaican invention a COVID-19 fighter

UTech student on cloud nine as creation touted as possible weapon against deadly virus

UNIVERSITY of Technology (UTech), Jamaica student Rayvon Stewart is on top of the world this morning after his invention “XERMOSOL” was yesterday named by Commonwealth Secretary General Baroness Patricia Scotland as a possible key weapon in the fight to contain the spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19).

“Words can't express my feelings. I stood in shock for like 10 minutes or maybe a little more [when I heard]. Words really can't express my feelings,” Stewart, a final-year student in the School of Computing and Information Technology at UTech told the Jamaica Observer

“The first thing that came to my mind is that, finally, I can start implementing and trying to save humanity.

“This is something that the world really needs and, finally, they are seeing that there is a need for it and, sadly, persons had to start dying before they saw the need,” added Stewart.

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/...2?profile=1373
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Originally posted by Jangle
    UTech student on cloud nine as creation touted as possible weapon against deadly virus

UNIVERSITY of Technology (UTech), Jamaica student Rayvon Stewart is on top of the world this morning after his invention “XERMOSOL” was yesterday named by Commonwealth Secretary General Baroness Patricia Scotland as a possible key weapon in the fight to contain the spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19).

“Words can't express my feelings. I stood in shock for like 10 minutes or maybe a little more [when I heard]. Words really can't express my feelings,” Stewart, a final-year student in the School of Computing and Information Technology at UTech told the Jamaica Observer

“The first thing that came to my mind is that, finally, I can start implementing and trying to save humanity.

“This is something that the world really needs and, finally, they are seeing that there is a need for it and, sadly, persons had to start dying before they saw the need,” added Stewart.

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/...2?profile=1373

STEM
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

good work young man
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
      X