USAF I understand that US soccer is thinking about

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USAF I understand that US soccer is thinking about

going back to the school year, rather than the year for soccer players. This current model affects some 8th graders who are left behind as they go to high school and high school seniors as well.

Not sure all the factors were considered and now that Klingsmann is no longer involve they are thinking of changing it.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

How does it affect high school players?

Comment

In your last year of school, you are playing with kids who are in higher grade, and move on to college so in some cases you may not have a club team to play with.

My 8th grade student is born in December so from Jan to April we may have to find some practice or tournament team for him to play with as most of this team move onto high school.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

I've not heard nor seen any reports about that happening - It wasn't discussed nor mentioned during last Friday's open session of US Soccer's board meeting, and haven't heard any news about it in Saturday's closed session. US Soccer usually release info/discussions from their closed session, a few weeks after, so we'll see.
        ***The idea to change to the present age requirement was from Double PASS, not Klinsmann, but he, along with others on the Technical Committee, supported the change.......If Klinsmann was still there, he wouldn't have power to stop any change, with the current bunch of @#$%ing idiots managing the federation. Gulati, the old president, was very influential & an ally, BUT now, nobody knows what the hell is going on.

Comment

I still dont get it . we use calendar year, so a under 10 is anyone born 2009. When you guys were using school year we had problems as when we go across the border we would essentially be playing up or we had to drop players that was born before august.. so it did not work. unno too cry cry..

Comment

here there is no middle school soccer for many counties so any 8th grader born from September to December may not have a team to play with in the spring as most clubs have no team then as all those born in January to July will go to high school.

Comment

But if you are u10 from a calendar perspective how does it matter. You are no longer using school year right.

Comment

u10 doesn't matter. It affects middle schooler who are rising to high school. Between 8-9 grade. Some kids born in September to December will not have a team to play with in the spring as most of his their teamates will be playing high school and club don't have a team then. That is what is happening to my older son. He may have to find a tournament team. Others will not find a team. Same thing with high school,. In the fall a senior in high school may not have a club team as the kids he/she is playing with may have gone to college and clubs don't do that age group.

Comment

Working...
                X