Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raping Tourist

https://www.usatoday.com/story/trave...lt/1816675002/

Run the math...the rate is 0.000975%. While even 1 case is too many, its not a figure that warrants this kind of alarm. I sense an agenda.

17m stopover tourists in 7 years, 8m female, so 78/8m is the rate.

They try to sensationalize it as 1 a month, but there are like 95K female stopover tourists a month. If we use all tourists, then you double the arrival number and the rate is halved, more like 1 in 200K!

Comment

and add the fake reports into that.

While I don't support one tourist been raped, I doubt that number is higher than most other tourist destinations.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Disneyland/world prolly have a higher rate...steeuuups.

The moral of the story is women must not let their guards down anywhere.
        Certainly don't follow intimidating men into elevators and trail them down dark corridors to their apartment door and try invite dem for coffe. LoL

Comment

It seems like there is some undisclosed motives behind the publication,however, our women and little girls are behind attacked and killed at an alarming rate, the common denominator is the perpetrators are usually males,and the motive is usually rape.
          I, for one,have yet to see the JCF or our Govt make even as little as a dent...
          Until it does,..

Comment

The reason for my suspicion of ulterior motive is the broad-brush painting of the JCF handling of the cases,it would be helpful if we were told the overall outcome of those unfortunate cases.
            Was it the hotel employee sexual assault case that broke the camel's back even though that case was quickly solved?
            I wonder if this is has something to do with outside elements suring up the chances of getting the proposed DNA database done?
            Oddly, our Govt and the JCF have not shown any interest in defending the little credibility they still have, the silence is deafening.

Comment

Its a cant win situation...publishers put you on the defensive with specious facts.

Look at the reference to Cuban soccer player rapist references. How Jamaica responsible for that?

The famous question, is it true that you like beating your wife, yes or no?

Comment

This is a different question and one that should merit most of our attention.

Comment

And as such it matters not the means as far as I am concerned, we are that desperate, Willi.

Comment

It matters to me...throwing the baby out with the bath water is a monumentally stupid idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Willi View Post
                      Run the math...the rate is 0.000975%. While even 1 case is too many, its not a figure that warrants this kind of alarm. I sense an agenda.

17m stopover tourists in 7 years, 8m female, so 78/8m is the rate.

They try to sensationalize it as 1 a month, but there are like 95K female stopover tourists a month. If we use all tourists, then you double the arrival number and the rate is halved, more like 1 in 200K!
                      There we ago again. Fake news!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X