I hope the JFF is looking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hope the JFF is looking

at what is happening in CONCACAF and taking note. I like what Honduras is doing, it seems they are enjoying success at all levels. It used to be USA, Mexico, Costa Rica as the top 3 teams in teh region, now Honduras is seriously looking to knock Costa Rica out of te top 3.

They are also the top performing CONCACAF team in the under-20's World cup so far....beating Hungary 3-0 is a commendable performance. Also, when you look at the performance of T&T in this same tournament, you are left to wonder what we are doing in Jamaica to ensure that we are in contention for 2014 world cup finals in Brazil.

So I hope the peeps at the JFF is taking note.

Time for us to put the ghost of Crenston Boxhill behind us.
    President of the FACCAC - Fans Againts Clueless Crenston and Cronies (cronies include Mosiah and Sicko)

Originally posted by Reggae-Fan View Post
    at what is happening in CONCACAF and taking note. I like what Honduras is doing, it seems they are enjoying success at all levels. It used to be USA, Mexico, Costa Rica as the top 3 teams in teh region, now Honduras is seriously looking to knock Costa Rica out of te top 3.

They are also the top performing CONCACAF team in the under-20's World cup so far....beating Hungary 3-0 is a commendable performance. Also, when you look at the performance of T&T in this same tournament, you are left to wonder what we are doing in Jamaica to ensure that we are in contention for 2014 world cup finals in Brazil.

If the JFF doesnt start investing in youth player development for the future, then another WC appearance at senior level might happen 50-100 years from now. You mentioned that other teams in Concacaf are developing, what about those in Conmebol. They have been getting better. ie. Venezuela U-20, Paraguay u-20 etc. In Concacaf, Honduras has gotten better and so far from the games I saw with them and also with Trinidad and Tobago's U-20 they both have given good performances. TNT with a little bit of luck today (disallowed goal and the shot of off the underside of the bar with Italy GK beaten) wouldve beaten Italy. They have not look outclassed in Egypt at all like Costa Rica and USA have. The longer JA continues to miss qualification to U-17 and U-20 WC's, the more difficult it will be for the senior team to get to another World Finals.

Comment

Originally posted by Reggae-Fan View Post
      , you are left to wonder what we are doing in Jamaica to ensure that we are in contention for 2014 world cup finals in Brazil.

Burrell need to put a stamp on the jamaica team as regard to Concacaf ,
      look what jack warner did , he set TnT up with a easy group and let them
      host a u20 tournament . Burrell is sleeping .
      Jamaica you mite get a Petroleum well with
      United Oil by 1.31.26;You also has a NNPC option with the Abuja accord from 2022.What
      happens then I don't know.A Petrol Well is
      Probably forthcoming...

Comment

Originally posted by wbvs View Post
        Burrell need to put a stamp on the jamaica team as regard to Concacaf ,
        look what jack warner did , he set TnT up with a easy group and let them
        host a u20 tournament . Burrell is sleeping .
        another donkey !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Naminirt View Post
          another donkey !!!!
          'another donkey', you are correct , it takes a donkey to know a donkey .
          Jamaica you mite get a Petroleum well with
          United Oil by 1.31.26;You also has a NNPC option with the Abuja accord from 2022.What
          happens then I don't know.A Petrol Well is
          Probably forthcoming...

Comment

You don realize seh Warner have Burrell in him back pocket?
            Peter R

Comment

Burrell has had more than enough time to put "the ghost" of Boxhill behind us...he's been failing MISERABLY. You might have to change your tag line to "President of the FABBAB- Fans Against Brainless Burrell and Buddies"
              Peter R

Comment

He is doing some things right...but he has missed some things and it appears he still has not come to grips with "the how" of lifting the performance on the field!

a) He has to improve fields and b) he has to improve coaching!

Why both in the same sentence?

Both must move 'lock step' FORWARD!!!
                "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

You are right Karl. A development plan for coaching at ALL levels would be good at this point and a plan that will produce players capable of playing outside CONCACAF. This may take a few months to put together but it must begin soon. It's ALL possible.

From a quality educational coaching program quality players will be developed for national sides. The players are ready for good coaching. They have natural talents that if developed in Jamaica correctly will be a desired product for the football industry inside and outside Jamaica.

I know this because we have had over 200 coaches go through GSM Coaching course since January 2008 (Mosiah as well) and reports we get back indicate they are being more successful and know they needed to change the way they deliver the game to their players. Our GSM Academy in Jamaica operated by Baris Johnson has produced our first U17 Ladies National Team Player. I believe more to come. Only one player but good coaching methods will work.

The present JFF can do this and are very interested in seeing this happen.

God bless.

Paul Banta
                  GSM International
                  pbanta@sc.rr.com
                  USSF Full Coach

Comment

Originally posted by Pbanta View Post
                    You are right Karl. A development plan for coaching at ALL levels would be good at this point and a plan that will produce players capable of playing outside CONCACAF. This may take a few months to put together but it must begin soon. It's ALL possible.

From a quality educational coaching program quality players will be developed for national sides. The players are ready for good coaching. They have natural talents that if developed in Jamaica correctly will be a desired product for the football industry inside and outside Jamaica.

I know this because we have had over 200 coaches go through GSM Coaching course since January 2008 (Mosiah as well) and reports we get back indicate they are being more successful and know they needed to change the way they deliver the game to their players. Our GSM Academy in Jamaica operated by Baris Johnson has produced our first U17 Ladies National Team Player. I believe more to come. Only one player but good coaching methods will work.

The present JFF can do this and are very interested in seeing this happen.

God bless.

Paul Banta
                    GSM International
                    pbanta@sc.rr.com
                    USSF Full Coach
                    So they ARE NOT doing this yet?(training coaches) What are they waiting for? the second coming of Christ? Being "interested" does not cut it. they just need to get off their a$$es and do it.

I can tell you they are doing it in T&T, since Lincoln Phillips returned to T&T, that's been his mantra and goal; get all coaches from the ad hoc clubs and the recognized ones all on the same training page. What is Burrell doing? no wonder the Trinis are at the U20 WC while we are at home twiddling thumbs.
                    Peter R

Comment

Working...
                    X