I have relocated to Georgia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have relocated to Georgia

To all my forum friends I just want to inform you that I have relocated to Atlanta suburbs. It has been a while coming as I got tired of my cozy College Administrative job, wanted to grow my kids around family and I spend time with them, and tired of the damn long winter. It is a lot closer to Ja and hope I can travel too and fro as soon as the kids can do their thing.

I will miss my friends, going to track meets and my good football game even though because of the youths I have not been active for the last 2 years. I still have some assets in NY and CT for now so I am not gone forever but I won't be making it to the picnic for a year or so.

I hope HL will come up with the capital so we can start a MLS team inna Hotlanta . In the meanwhile there is so much youth soccer down here so that is great for my kids.
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Good for you! Why yuh fighting it, bredren? Just move come back a yuh yard and dun!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Tell you the truth if a never fi family and some business thing yaad would be great for me. The next two years a go take a little a me time but after that look fi me every so often.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

No weh no betta than yard a lie now. Enjoy yuself a hotatlanta.

Comment

Enjoy, Boss!
          I should be passing through end of July - early August.
          Hope we can link-up.
          "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Really? Speak fi yuhself, boss.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Hotlanta seems to be the place for upwardly moving people these days. But alas, we get so used to 8 months of cold weather and $300 electric bills, overpriced real estate & insane property taxes.
              Winning means you're willing to go longer, work harder, and give more than anyone else - Vince Lombardi

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                To all my forum friends I just want to inform you that I have relocated to Atlanta suburbs. It has been a while coming as I got tired of my cozy College Administrative job, wanted to grow my kids around family and I spend time with them, and tired of the damn long winter. It is a lot closer to Ja and hope I can travel too and fro as soon as the kids can do their thing.

I will miss my friends, going to track meets and my good football game even though because of the youths I have not been active for the last 2 years. I still have some assets in NY and CT for now so I am not gone forever but I won't be making it to the picnic for a year or so.

I hope HL will come up with the capital so we can start a MLS team inna Hotlanta . In the meanwhile there is so much youth soccer down here so that is great for my kids.
                So yuh really gone South now. Yuh see HL yet? Perhaps you and him can do a likkle ackee business
                Life is a system of half-truths and lies, opportunistic, convenient evasion.”
                - Langston Hughes

Comment

Is your new house two times or five times as big?

Come on tell us about the new home.

Originally posted by Assasin View Post

The same type of thinking that created a problem cannot be used to solve the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Hortikal View Post
                    Hotlanta seems to be the place for upwardly moving people these days. But alas, we get so used to 8 months of cold weather and $300 electric bills, overpriced real estate & insane property taxes.
                    My last light bill in Yard was US$300... and this is a 2 bedroom bachelor pad... won't even talk about price of real-estate in Kingston...

Comment

Well, maybe you need to use a fan instead of an AC unit! What are you running in that place of yours!!

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                        Well, maybe you need to use a fan instead of an AC unit! What are you running in that place of yours!!
                        Suh suppose wi did have winter ?

Wha yuh ah seh.. A/C is luxury ?

Sum People woulda dead inna Merica widout A/C... actually.. some do..

Comment

Originally posted by Mosiah View Post
                          I don't think people understand how high the cost of living is in Jamaica.

Grocery Bill, Light Bill, Phone Bill, Rent... its like living in an upper-income neighbourhood in the states with the quadruple the highest murder rate in the states and an infrastructure like New Orleans.. post Katrina.

If it wasn't for di young gyal dem and di vibes....!

But what happen when yuh married with Children.. ?

Comment

All the best Sass, bless up.

Comment

Good luck Sass. Memba if you thinking of buying a home, work with one of the realtors who support this site. As you see, two f them advertise with us. One is Atlanta based and the other in Florida.

You know, years ago I thought Atlanta was a place I would settle. It is not too late, but just a gwaan hol' it down in KC.
                              "Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing. And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb. And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance." ~ Kahlil Gibran

Comment

Working...
                              X