No announcement yet.

I seriously have to wonder is Ashley Young

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Young is our best crosser by far. However we are not playing a cross-into-the-box type game. Yesterday’s game he did not put in the crosses admittedly but there’s no better crosser in the team than Young. Those other players that you mentioned don’t play in the same positions to cross the ball.
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
      Young is our best crosser by far. However we are not playing a cross-into-the-box type game. Yesterday’s game he did not put in the crosses admittedly but there’s no better crosser in the team than Young. Those other players that you mentioned don’t play in the same positions to cross the ball.
      "However we are not playing a cross-into-the-box type game."

We are not? So why we have Pogba rushing into the box to get his head on a cross? Maybe that would explain Lukaku's lack of goals for MU? On the right is outswinging crosses are ineffective. On the left he cuts back on the right and put in a few decent crosses. However, with Shaw fit ... Young is playing on the right. He is getting the ball in space and the crosses are not coming in. If you wanna say he is the best of a bad lot playing in that position ..... fine ... but it is something I have been observing.
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Again, we don’t play that game. Everybody cuss Lukaku about his lack of control and his goal droughts but he used to score a lot of headers before he came to the club.
        Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

You can't score with your back to goal. Jose had him up there alone trying to hold up the ball like Drogba or Ibra but that is not his game. Lukaka best ball game is playing off another striker but Manu has been using one striker. What Man U need is some who is good in the box. one touch and strike.

If Shaw could cross the ball and strike it like Ashley Young he would be real good but is final touch is sometimes less than desire.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
          X