Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iman as the regain, US savings fall.

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/b...d-savings-fall
    • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Yeah the currency appears to have had some strength in recent weeks. That is good but I wouldn’t want it to appreciate too much too quickly, stability is best.

I was in JA this past weekend for Rebel Salute. It’s a case of two countries, I see a number of construction breaking ground for high rise buildings and housing projects near to the North-South highway. But of course the fear of the crime and lawlesnes is real and without social stability the economy , especially at the small business level can never really flourish and achieve its full potential.

The vibe I am getting from the street is that Peter is not looking like a threat to Andrew, he is too old and unable to connect to the masses. So it might be Laborite running things for a while.
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Comment

yeah I was there in September and there was a lot of building and clearing of lots I saw from Mobay to Western St.Mary. Hopefully Andrew will make that building and confidence continue.

While I was there there was the election in South East St.Mary, and the vibes was not to "get out Andrew" in South East St.Mary as is spoke to people from both side but more for better representation.

I think the dollar should be about 120 for now but what this has done is end the devaluation speculation which will make it more stable. Andrew have to screw this up for Phillips to win, as I think Phillps doesn't have an outward persona and is more of a steady hand, who can't really sell a vision.

Tourism seems to be growing and we may have 5 million visitors in two year. What we need to do is to be able to take off more money off the visitors.

Crime is a big worry especially in the west, and the gun running seems to be worst than ever. Holness have to make some positive move on that front this year or feel the consequences.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
      X