Mind boggling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mind boggling

When I watch a pro club team playing with Jamaica players I see something totally different than when I see these players in the national team. This goes all the way back to Fuller and Bibi. They play a load of rubbish for Jamaica and I think it is expectation and coaching. We have not yet developed what is required or the willingness to drop players who don't meet the standard. Every football game can be measured in 3 or 4 scenario: What do I do when I have the ball , What do I do when I loose the ball , what do i do when I recover the ball and lastly when I don't have the ball. Jamaica gets a 6 out of 10 on the latter and fail miserably in the other categories and unfortunately this is coaching. Tappa I expect more

Originally posted by OJ
    When I watch a pro club team playing with Jamaica players I see something totally different than when I see these players in the national team. This goes all the way back to Fuller and Bibi. They play a load of rubbish for Jamaica and I think it is expectation and coaching. We have not yet developed what is required or the willingness to drop players who don't meet the standard. Every football game can be measured in 3 or 4 scenario: What do I do when I have the ball , What do I do when I loose the ball , what do i do when I recover the ball and lastly when I don't have the ball. Jamaica gets a 6 out of 10 on the latter and fail miserably in the other categories and unfortunately this is coaching. Tappa I expect more
    Why do we continue to drink the Brazilian BS coolaid. Its like trying to play cricket the way the WI played in the 1980s and still expect to win today. Football has changed. Move on.

Comment

Trying to keep posession of the ball is fine,the question is what do we do with it,we need coaches binded and bonded with the understanding that if you take this job,you have to elevate your coaching badges to the highest level.

It's that simple.The patches of good play went to naught by our immaturity, we cant make 2 good plays and then 6 bad plays,that is painful .
      THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

The reason is that; the clubs has way more resources than the JFF. The players' state of mind (very important) is at ease and is just focused on achieving results for the clubs. The JFF needs heavy sponsorship with someone not in dire need of money at the helm.

Comment

This couldn't be a reason?

Honduras*
          Midfield*
          ---Williams ---Hector ----Vassell

El Sal*
          Midfield*-
          --Lewis----Hector---Flemings*

Curaco*
          Midfield
          *---Williams --Lewis--Morris ---Watson*

He moved Flemings as a 2nd Striker vs Curaco.When do we hold him accountable ?

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Reading comprehension again. The subject of the argument is performance at club vs performance for Ja. I didn't see anything from OJ about tactics.

You speak as if you coach at the INT'L level. Do you, per chance?

Comment

Comprehension would dictate that you compare if club coaches rotate their midfield or team as a whole in general with such frequency and why ,if they do so!

You dont need to coach club or international ball to ask those questions.Stop making up excuses for Tappa.

The question stands.
              THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

Comment

It is not even the brazillian style. It is cocky and overconfidence that is killing our national team. We only play with urge when we think we are playing against "better" teams. We don't always give the same effort. We think we can win and take it easy. We go in a game and have missed goals and we shut it down like we scored 6.
                • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                  It is not even the brazillian style. It is cocky and overconfidence that is killing our national team. We only play with urge when we think we are playing against "better" teams. We don't always give the same effort. We think we can win and take it easy. We go in a game and have missed goals and we shut it down like we scored 6.
                  Yep. All of our games are either lost or drawn with opponents scoring in the last 5 to 10 mins of a game.

Comment

or is it if you dont do what the coach want you dont play?

Comment

I remember once Bibi or someone saying he always tried to do too much for the natl team.. I dont know it look bad, looks like we cannot play.... Even leon?

Comment

OJ it's just not the same. The clubs in the US and Europe has way more resources than the JFF. Do you see any of the Rboyz wearing that Bib/bra (that carries a monitor) this would give Tappa real time access to a players fitness level coming off injury or so. These clubs have a whole IT dept. dedicated to the team. I made a post to show why Pep lost to Spurs (due to algorithms) but just left it alone in the end. Algorithms are very much influencing our lives without most of us knowing. It's a key component in deciding court cases (criminal ones) right down to sports.

The JFF doesn't have certain resources and Tappa is making decisions without Algorithms and the expertise that goes with it.

Comment

Okay the question stands. Now apply it to the Rgirlz coach.

Comment

Yes but wearing gps is to gather analytics. How fast and far you ran. How many runs you made at top speed. If we were loosing because of analytics I would say yes but bredrin these guys look like they are 8 year olds.

Comment

Those data sets you described are very important; fed to the algorithms, you'd be surprised at the picture they paint.

The 8 year old part comes about because of high school football. Did you see how they resorted to hoofing the ball (in the Panama game)? Chippy's efforts were wasted many times by poor return passing

Comment

Working...
                              X