So the Maroons are now pushing their

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So the Maroons are now pushing their

own currency? Although, is it the Maroons or is it Maroon chief Timothy Mcpherson? The man says the Lome (I may spell it incorrectly) is valued at 1200 lome to 1 J$.

Anyone know if marijuana is legal in Canada? When asked how the currency has such a high valuation, he said the valuation is based on the sun. I hope the Accompong Maroons are aware of what they are doing.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Marijuana is legal in Canada. Both medicinal and recreational. Jamaica's CLA borrowed heavily from Health Canada the Canadian regulator authority.

Comment

Originally posted by Rudi View Post
      Marijuana is legal in Canada. Both medicinal and recreational. Jamaica's CLA borrowed heavily from Health Canada the Canadian regulator authority.
      I am aware that it is legal Rudi. It was a mocking comment because of his claim that the lumi is valued based on the sun.
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Cool.

Comment

the maroons can always come back to Jamaica if their "new country" don't work out. I wonder if we need visa to visit. One thing we can learn from the Maroons and that is how to keep down crime even when there is no lome around.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Lazie .... there are aspects of the conversation which sound outrageous but at the heart of it are intriguing and fundamental issue which needs to be addressed.

He has some very salient points.

It’s a conversation that should have been had decades ago...

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Maroons have their own laws and courts to deal with crime. I believe only murder is referred to the Supreme Court of judicature of jamaica

Don’t completely dismiss everything this guy is saying

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Originally posted by Gamma View Post
                Lazie .... there are aspects of the conversation which sound outrageous but at the heart of it are intriguing and fundamental issue which needs to be addressed.

He has some very salient points.

It’s a conversation that should have been had decades ago...
                "....but at the heart of it are intriguing and fundamental issue which needs to be addressed"

Such as? There was an interview on NNN this morning with Dr. Barnett, didn't get to hear all of it. Hopefully it will be posted online.

Comment

I won't dismiss everything he is saying but some of it is just plain BS. No doubt they need to set up a banking system and even take more control but Maroons are also Jamaicans and a lot of us have 'maroon blood' as well. If anything fight for a municipality but not sovereign rule.

I know they had some sort of justice system but didn't know that only murder was referred to our courts. So we have no jurisdiction over these crime committed in their areas? Thanks for the info.
                  • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Yes and Marcus Goffe

Don’t want to paraphrase but he says no they are not sovereign and cited authority but Marcus raises the following issues:

1. It’s a Treaty between the Maroons and the King. Treaties are between sovereign nations.

2. Pursuant to what has happened in the past, it cannot be that you have a bilateral treaty and one party changes it unilaterally whic is the argument made regarding subsequent amendments to the laws of jamaica.

3. How was it addressed at independence, does the constitution mention or not mention and what is the effect of that ....

4. Does the fact that the pattern of behaviour of the parties negate the treaty?

The hosts said after the interviews that more questions were raised than were answered

Comment

It was actually capital crimes which is now only murder.

As I said a treaty is between sovereign nations and what they have is a treaty between the king and the Maroons. That speaks to an intent to recognize their autonomy outside of a city .....

There needs to be a conversation to clarify several points and come to a consensus agreement.

Comment

"There needs to be a conversation to clarify several points and come to a consensus agreement."

That needs to be done but the idea of Loomi is just attention gathering. For a "minister of finance" this man hasn't think about anything that will affect the maroons such as services, or economics and how a more broaden role by the Maroon will affect them.

Comment

Lazie.

Silly and antiquated, shows you lack the cerebral level to raise the standard and make your point,a lot of geniuses have smoked that herb,alot of them have been victimized by it.The maroons have valid points and propositions.

Silly of you to denigrate it by using the old colonial brain washed weed anectode.
                          THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Working...
                          X