It's easy to stay under the street light and

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's easy to stay under the street light and

and cast blame on the coach. If one ventures further; into the dark it's a different story. JFF and its nation wide football needs to be revamped. Ja's football needs resources (IT and the expertise that goes with it). The time has come for serious corporate sponsors and leadership from the monied class of JA (someone of Lee Chin's status). Clubs should not recruit from high school football. The JFF should sanction that all clubs have a youth team (hence a youth league). This means once you are registered with the club's youth team; one cannot play high school football.

I saw some glaring mistakes from Robyz and these are the basics. You are down 2-1, the US is giving you the space to move the ball quickly. What do you do? You control, move a yard or two then look up to make a pass. No ball comes; one time pass to your team mate another one touch and chippy or someone else would be at the edge of the 18. I notice when Rboyz is at the final 3rd they seem confuse as what to do with the ball (granted when Chippy doesn't have it). Pay attention to Chippy when he has the ball something useful is done with it (ven after beating an opponent or two). Rboyz needs to learn this from early and high school football won't teach this.

BTW with quantum computers on the horizon (incidentally this will change our whole reality) high schools have no business meddling in professional sports. Ja's high schools should be focusing on a having a rigorous academic program in STEM subjects (with a focus on statistics and physics). Leave pro ball to the clubs, let them figure it out.

I agree with everything you said but it still doesn’t absolve Tappa from his obvious coaching weaknesses. Bailey also did nothing during this competition to justify all the hype. He looked below average just like a regular Manning Cup baller.
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Jawge
      and cast blame on the coach. If one ventures further; into the dark it's a different story. JFF and its nation wide football needs to be revamped. Ja's football needs resources (IT and the expertise that goes with it). The time has come for serious corporate sponsors and leadership from the monied class of JA (someone of Lee Chin's status). Clubs should not recruit from high school football. The JFF should sanction that all clubs have a youth team (hence a youth league). This means once you are registered with the club's youth team; one cannot play high school football.

I saw some glaring mistakes from Robyz and these are the basics. You are down 2-1, the US is giving you the space to move the ball quickly. What do you do? You control, move a yard or two then look up to make a pass. No ball comes; one time pass to your team mate another one touch and chippy or someone else would be at the edge of the 18. I notice when Rboyz is at the final 3rd they seem confuse as what to do with the ball (granted when Chippy doesn't have it). Pay attention to Chippy when he has the ball something useful is done with it (ven after beating an opponent or two). Rboyz needs to learn this from early and high school football won't teach this.

BTW with quantum computers on the horizon (incidentally this will change our whole reality) high schools have no business meddling in professional sports. Ja's high schools should be focusing on a having a rigorous academic program in STEM subjects (with a focus on statistics and physics). Leave pro ball to the clubs, let them figure it out.
      Forgive my ignorance. Who or what is Chippy?. Thanks in advance for the info.

Comment

You are parroting the the TV pundits on Bailey. Who assisted in two goals against Honduras? Notice that given Ja's record 3 goals is akin to scoring five. In my house there was just a big outburst of laughter when they talk about Chippy. Boss mute your TV and watch the game! Bailey should really be playing for Germany. Yes I said it again (despite what liars and shape shifters may say). Funny thing the second they finished talking about Chippy he crossed for #11 to score.

The main argument for my post is that given ja's present system Tappa is not to be blamed. Southgate would lose all games with Rboyz at present; same for Lowe of Germany and Tite of Brasil.

Comment

Leon Bailey.

Comment

Bailey only played 2 half of games. He has to be more patient and stop thinking about expectation and play ball. He lost too many balls in this competition. You can't debate that. Again Tappa should have played Topey and left Hector in the midfield. We have no sub as defensive mid to replace Hector right now.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Clubs should not recruit from high school football. The JFF should sanction that all clubs have a youth team (hence a youth league). This means once you are registered with the club's youth team; one cannot play high school football.
              For this to work ALL RSPL clubs would have to develop players from 6-18 y.o in their own academies with all the necessary training infrastructure, imported coaches & coach-trainers, medical and admin staff, provision for formal education of players & accommodation + extensive foreign tours & local tournaments with foreign invitees - to benchmark and improve against the clubs' international peers.

US$50M-$75M/year spent on RSPL club's player development alone would do the trick. So do that - then require RSPL players not to participate in school ball

Until big resources are nailed down calling for players not to participate in school ball is futile. If they did that right now the young ballas would still be playing with & against the same players as they are now in school leagues.
              The coaches would be the same. So junior club ball would be the equivalent of Manning Cup today - most likely worse. A negative feedback loop

Practically all RSPL ballas come from secondary school ball because the JFF and our clubs have been unable - over many decades - to organize a sensible development system.

This failure is NOT attributable to school ball....but is the JFF's and its club affiliate's fault

True re STEM -- only that the focus should be on APPLIED MATHEMATICS -- i.e. Software coding (i.e. 21st Century literacy) Robotics, CAD, Machine Learning/IOT -- Along with modern product development & entrepreneurship skill training from primary - secondary levels

This is a national development imperative -- But most think that building more hotels should be our #1 focus
              Last edited by Don1; July 5, 2019, 10:00 PM.
              TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

Midfield was chaos, playing people who had no business on field. Defense and attack line are very good just need a few touches, midfield is a disaster.

Comment

Not really, it's just that the US had more resources and were better prepared
                  (hence the goal in 8mins). This is why I'm advocating for a new JFF that is well run and fully staffed with the resources that goes with the modern game.

Comment

Sass it's not that he turns over the ball. Zidane turns over ball, so did Romario, R9, even Jesus (pun intended) It's what chippy does with the ball
                    that shows us how Ja is behind in the game. Watch over the game and see what Chippy is doing with the ball(and how useful it is). Granted JA has some raw talent (Vassell, Lowe, Powell and Lawrence) but they started late (in terms of INTL ball) They spent their time playing high school football. Imagine if the Germans had caught Lowe and Powell from 14 up? This is why I wanted Chippy at Germany and Raheem at England to show case our talent to the world and bring attention to the young players in Ja.

High school football is killing today's players. The paradox is that; if you look at Ja's 86 team (with Twinny , Noah, Corbett et al) they were more technical that these present day players (over all that is).

Comment

This is the type of mindset that's keeping back JA. You want to hold on to high school football hence you say it will take 50 to 75 mil USD to start JA. You know damn well that's not going to happen. The first step is to sanction all clubs to have a youth league (No money down!) Next register all in the youth league with the JFF (NO money down!)

Why do you think I said Ricketts should go? Do you really think Hotel industry and Grace ( they get a 90 min no cost advertising) will listen to him? He's a middle manager they will brush him off. If Lee Chin comes aboard then it's different story.

At times I wonder about you. What would you call Stats and physics, pure math? How many times must I tell you that pure mat is the way for AI and modern computing?

Comment

Jawge he lost too many balls, He even admitted that he did so don't excuse it away brother. He will learn and grow.
                        • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

This is the type of mindset that's keeping back JA. You want to hold on to high school football hence you say it will take 50 to 75 mil USD to start JA. You know damn well that's not going to happen.
                          Nope ...not $50M to start.... $50M to properly equip & prep the ~20 clubs which aspire to a competitive senior football league and which have a shot at developing local talent.

Or perhaps you believe it to be ~$500K? Since you fervently believe in developing clubs why stop at yapping on the internet? Start a foundation to support football

As to HS ball...that program has a 110 year history and is the foundation of the sport in JA. It's not disappearing any time soon nor should it. JA does not have a surfeit of resources to discard anything of value. 100s of kids get a college education out of it. Your idea re HS ball is really weird & uninformed

The first step is to sanction all clubs to have a youth league (No money down!) Next register all in the youth league with the JFF (NO money down!)
                          LOL!! Explain how this would be a different level vs Manning Cup now. With the same players, the same coaches, same shitty facilities and the same lack of money??????????: Ans: No difference and likely worse outcomes

Why do you think I said Ricketts should go? Do you really think Hotel industry and Grace ( they get a 90 min no cost advertising) will listen to him? He's a middle manager they will brush him off. If Lee Chin comes aboard then it's different story.
                          So you wish for some tapanaris to come to JA's rescue by investing in football clubs?? Wrong country.
                          There's zero upside for those folks to invest heavily in ball...so zero incentive.

If JA is serious about anything ...the big money should be invested in education above all else incl football

At times I wonder about you. What would you call Stats and physics, pure math? How many times must I tell you that pure mat is the way for AI and modern computing?
                          No need to wonder. I've been working in this field for a decade. So there is a clear track record...not mere internet yappin.

Would love to hear of your experience in developing effective tech/science programs for under-exposed kids and what outcomes you've recorded. Would love to see their reaction to the lectures on statistics, physics & pure maths which you promote

I've consulted and worked with world-leading experts up to this day on this subject. For a country in JA's backward position I've seen no learned person calling for a focus on those base disciplines

It's clear to all experts that the most effective path for an underdeveloped country seeking a tech breakthrough is to focus on competence in consumer & business-facing technology applications - which can be scaled and assimilated rapidly.

As you appear to have some interest in this area - don't hesitate to post the studies which support your views on pure maths/statistics/physics as a leading education development model for relatively backward countries. I'm willing to learn
                          Last edited by Don1; July 10, 2019, 12:25 PM.

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

At one point in time I was giving the JLP ratings for dropping Air J. Seeing that the mindset in Ja is that if we have been doing it for so long why change. I'm convinced that it's the austerity measures that forced the then govt. to drop Air J Ask yourself if 110 years ago football was pro sport as it is now.

How different? It's simple; the number of hours spent learning the game.

I did not say Lee Chin should put his money there. Lee Chin's influence and connections would bring the two industries aboard to put more in the JFF. You seem not to understand the money game. Let me ask you this? All those Museums, college endowments, parks et al that you enjoy in NY , who do you think provide them? Do you really think it's poor people? If so I have a bridge to sell you.

Boss you are still on that pony about Yapping? How many times must I tell you that the foundation of this site is based on yapping. Boss if you want to beat your chest about what you do for Ja., I'm sure there are many sites on the net for that.

You said experts huh?

Well:

"In high school mathematics much of your time was spent learning algorithms and manipulative techniques which you were expected to be able to apply in certain well-defined situations. This limitation of material and expectations for your performance has probably led you to develop study habits which were appropriate for high school mathematics but may be insufficient for college mathematics. This can be a source of much frustration for you and for your instructors. My object in writing this essay is to help ease this frustration by describing some study strategies which may help you channel your abilities and energies in a productive direction.
                            The first major difference between high school mathematics and college mathematics is the amount of emphasis on what the student would call theory---the precise statement of definitions and theorems and the logical processes by which those theorems are established. To the mathematician this material, together with examples showing why the definitions chosen are the correct ones and how the theorems can be put to practical use, is the essence of mathematics. A course description using the term ``rigorous'' indicates that considerable care will be taken in the statement of definitions and theorems and that proofs will be given for the theorems rather than just plausibility arguments. If your approach is to go straight to the problems with only cursory reading of the ``theory'' this aspect of college math will cause difficulties for you."

"College level mathematics demands that the student work through (or at least sit through) many proofs. This is often unpopular, I think largely because it is hard work to follow a proof, hard work of an unfamiliar kind. Proof is largely absent or at most optional in high school math; it is neither absent nor optional in college mathematics."

The question is; how are students being prepared to teach a machine how to think? Without knowing how to do proofs? Go talk to your experts. If you want the full hundred let me know.

Comment

=Jawge;600179]At one point in time I was giving the JLP ratings for dropping Air J. Seeing that the mindset in Ja is that if we have been doing it for so long why change. I'm convinced that it's the austerity measures that forced the then govt. to drop Air J Ask yourself if 110 years ago football was pro sport as it is now.

How different? It's simple; the number of hours spent learning the game.
                              Conflating Air Jamaica and football???????

I did not say Lee Chin should put his money there. Lee Chin's influence and connections would bring the two industries aboard to put more in the JFF. You seem not to understand the money game. Let me ask you this? All those Museums, college endowments, parks et al that you enjoy in NY , who do you think provide them? Do you really think it's poor people? If so I have a bridge to sell you.
                              LOL. Good luck with Lee Chin

Boss you are still on that pony about Yapping? How many times must I tell you that the foundation of this site is based on yapping. Boss if you want to beat your chest about what you do for Ja., I'm sure there are many sites on the net for that.
                              Agreed. I've chosen this site BTW

You said experts huh?

Well:

"In high school mathematics much of your time was spent learning algorithms and manipulative techniques which you were expected to be able to apply in certain well-defined situations. This limitation of material and expectations for your performance has probably led you to develop study habits which were appropriate for high school mathematics but may be insufficient for college mathematics. This can be a source of much frustration for you and for your instructors. My object in writing this essay is to help ease this frustration by describing some study strategies which may help you channel your abilities and energies in a productive direction.
                              The first major difference between high school mathematics and college mathematics is the amount of emphasis on what the student would call theory---the precise statement of definitions and theorems and the logical processes by which those theorems are established. To the mathematician this material, together with examples showing why the definitions chosen are the correct ones and how the theorems can be put to practical use, is the essence of mathematics. A course description using the term ``rigorous'' indicates that considerable care will be taken in the statement of definitions and theorems and that proofs will be given for the theorems rather than just plausibility arguments. If your approach is to go straight to the problems with only cursory reading of the ``theory'' this aspect of college math will cause difficulties for you."

"College level mathematics demands that the student work through (or at least sit through) many proofs. This is often unpopular, I think largely because it is hard work to follow a proof, hard work of an unfamiliar kind. Proof is largely absent or at most optional in high school math; it is neither absent nor optional in college mathematics."

The question is; how are students being prepared to teach a machine how to think? Without knowing how to do proofs? Go talk to your experts. If you want the full hundred let me know.

This piece demonstrates your confusion. The issue is STEM as a workforce development tool....not "teaching a machine how to think"* nor how best to teach mathematics in HS

While there is no expert advocating for backward places like JA to prioritize pure maths & statistics in their workforce development model....There are 1000s advocating mastery of technology applications.

You seem to be a minority of 1 in this area

This is taking too much of my time so I'll leave you and this issue on STEM development with this...

Feel free to engage me on this subject when you have gathered some experience to lean on. Reading articles and watching Youtube videos don't cut it
                              Last edited by Don1; July 15, 2019, 11:38 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X