No announcement yet.

Houston we have a problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So we "attempt" to solve a problem, so we create new ones. James, Martial and Rashford all play better on the left wing cutting inside onto their right feet. We bought James to play on the right side where we are very weak. The modern game uses inverted wingers. Pep Gaurdiola can be credited with his use of Sane, a genuine left-footed winger who he keeps wide to stretch defenses. What we need is a top quality left-footed winger who can play on either wings. I see the rumors about us going for Sancho next year. Is he left footed? This is why Mourinho wanted to get Perisic. Young boy Greenwood looks more predominantly left footed and looks very promising when he plays on the right side. However, I believe he should be used as a number 9 rather than on the wing. When using inverted wingers, then the wingbacks have to be able to play high up, all the way to the corner flag, to offer support. They also need to be good crossers of the ball. Neither Luke Shaw nor Wan-Bassaka crosses the ball well. Actually, scoring from headers, corners or free kicks set plays, have gone completely from United's game. We have a lot to fix.
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

The right wing potentially good. You forget Dalot? I think he is good going foward and maybe better winger with Wan Bassika behind. They need a replacement for Shaw. He is too injury prone. As he run he pulls something.

Tuanzebe should be given a chance. The problem with Manu is they have no playmaker in the middle. They badly need one. Lingard is not a playmaker and Mata is a 15 minute man. One of these striker better start been scoring in the 18 yards box or they will need one.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
      X