I think Jamaica can be a FORCE in the

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think Jamaica can be a FORCE in the

CONCACAF WC Qualification, which starts March 2020. I also think this will be the most competitive CONCACAF WC Qualification.
    I think Tappa will be ready & will have the ReggaeBoyz ready. He has the CONCACAF Nations League (NL) to add some new players to the pool & give opportunities/further evaluate players who either didn't get playing time in the Gold Cup or were left off the roster.
    *Need to know who will play beside Lowe, in CD, and develop that chemistry. Use Nations League to decide if it will be Hector, Topey, or someone else.
    *Don't think Hector should be your starting DM. Play Lambert during NL to see if he can be the starting DM, or try and convince Isaac Hayden to commit to Jamaica. Hayden is only 24, and is the starting DM for Newcastle United.
    *Have Ravel Morrison & Daniel Johnson play in the NL. That could/should be your starting AM & CM, and it would be interesting to see how they "connect" with the forwards. Bailey should definitely play as well.
    *Some players that can get a look - Owayne Gordon (RW), Romario Williams (CF) & Kevaughn Frater (CF).
    *I keep seeing post about how good Tyreek Magee is. He turns 20 in October. When is going to play abroad???

What is the Status with Owayne? Magee is exciting I dont see his passing range as a mid fielder yet though.. What is the status of Ladee Richie.. he can play CDM

Comment

WE only need Morrison if he is in the right headspace.
      I know he is trying now but hope he gets a spot with Sheffield United and settle down and still have the interest.

In my opinion we will need either Morrison or Johnson. We don't need too many new players to upset the applecart and both of these players are similar. One thing we have to realize is that most of the midfielders Tappa used are relatively new to the team so there could be some development in the next few games.

Romario Williams is in the pool but he has to now prove himself in Ohio. I think Frank DeBoar never really rated him and didn't give him a chance.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Gordon is doing well. In 18 games, he has 4 Goals & 6 Assists.
        Highlights - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8aU6mnqUBbY

I don't know who Ladee Richie is.

Comment

You think the ReggaeBoyz are good at the DM & CM (box-to-box) positions, now???

Comment

Hector is doing a good job. We want a backup or understudy for Hector. We need a good attacking mid or CM, that is why we said either Morrison or Johnson. We have some talent midfielder who with a little more experience will do the job. What we have to be careful of is changing the complexity of the team in too much of a short time. I have always advocated that we build the team and then get a few "good men". Personally I think we have good talent to work with currently. An example is the youth Peter Lee Vassell, sky is the limit. In a few months he might be a different player. Nicholson is a Nandi in the making on the field. Speedy williams, Andre Lewis, Brian Brown are all players who were dying for a chance and can improve with more games and good coaching.
            • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by OJ View Post
              Magee is exciting I dont see his passing range as a mid fielder yet though..
              I'd imagine you haven't really seen the boy play sufficiently. 40 yard pinpoint passes are normal features of his game along with accurate short passes.

Passing is not a weakness with the player. Weaknesses may be his slight stature with low muscle mass and inexperience
              TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

He turns 20 in October. Do you know if anyone is trying to get him transferred to a good pro team???

Comment

I am glad to agree with you . I like his close control skills a lot. He will get stronger in the right program.

Comment

If you think that the ReggaeBoyz are good with Hector as your starting DM, more power to you.......You had no production from any of your central AMs. The CMs (box-to-box) were static & spent most of the time reacting to the opponent - that's one of the reasons you kept loosing the midfield.......Vassell is a project/work in progress.......Williams & Lewis - OK!!!

Comment

Originally posted by USAF View Post
                      He turns 20 in October. Do you know if anyone is trying to get him transferred to a good pro team???
                      Yes there are some efforts in that direction. We'll see what plays out
                      TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

He has it all, passer,dribbler and intelligence.
                        THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

"Box to box' is that term even used in today's game? Those players are rare and few between. Hector is a good DM in my opinion. As I said he needs a backup. We also need a good attacking mid or if want to call him a Center mid in the mold of Tappa/andy williams. Someone who can hold onto the ball, go foward, make a pass and score from 25 30 yards out. Very rare you find someone who can attack and play the DM very well. Morrison and DJ look goods good on videos but we need one of them if there head is in the right place. Other than that we have decent midfielders who can cover, play bits and part as the coach need and can learn and mature.

Comment

As I said we need an attacking midfielder. That was what was lacking. Hector passed the ball well out of the back except in the Honduras game. You don't want him holding onto it. Most of those players are playing under 5 games for the national team or played few minutes. They will get better.

Comment

I've seen a lot of posts extolling his level of play. Hope he gets to go to a good team, that will nurture his talent, this Summer.

Comment

Working...
                              X