No announcement yet.

Damn .....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jose Mourinho criticising hapless Manchester United is the ultimate embarrassment for Ed Woodward and the Glazers... he used Sky Sports to air the same problems he did in Old Trafford hotseat

Rather than criticise David De Gea’s form, Mourinho is flabbergasted that the club were held to ransom by a goalkeeper who, he believes, ran out of options elsewhere. De Gea signed a new £375,000-a-week contract earlier this month after fraught negotiations.

‘I don’t think United needs to pay as much as that to have him,’ he added. ‘One or two years ago he had the world after him, in this moment, the majority of the big doors were closed.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...-Woodward.html
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

What I meant is he sold Lukaka when he was at Chelsea.

Why didn't he buy a good centerback that he needed when he bought Baily and Linderoff? It is simply hard for a club to carry 6 centerbacks, He could have sold Jones, Rojo, Smalling etc. who he had no faith in.

Who got rid of Ibra???? If Ibra was asked to stay he would have stayed on. I agree Baily was a lot of misfortune but put it this way with him, Jones and Smalling and Shaw the team is very injury phrone in the back.

I am sure if he told the board he would get rid of Smalling and Jones and buy another CD, he would be fine but by then they were skeptical of him as he must have sold his defensive purchases as the solution to their defensive woes a few months earlier. Manu went for the ready fix under Jose and with no real thought to the future, now the are going for the future but need to be steady the ship and just compete for a year to move forward.

As Jose agreed "maybe he should have been fired" he made some mistakes after looking back.
      Last edited by Assasin; September 24, 2019, 09:48 AM.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
        What I meant is he sold Lukaka when he was at Chelsea.

Why didn't he buy a good centerback that he needed when he bought Baily and Linderoff? It is simply hard for a club to carry 6 centerbacks, He could have sold Jones, Rojo, Smalling etc. who he had no faith in.

Who got rid of Ibra???? If Ibra was asked to stay he would have stayed on. I agree Baily was a lot of misfortune but put it this way with him, Jones and Smalling and Shaw the team is very injury phrone in the back.

I am sure if he told the board he would get rid of Smalling and Jones and buy another CD, he would be fine but by then they were skeptical of him as he must have sold his defensive purchases as the solution to their defensive woes a few months earlier. Manu went for the ready fix under Jose and with no real thought to the future, now the are going for the future but need to be steady the ship and just compete for a year to move forward.

As Jose agreed "maybe he should have been fired" he made some mistakes after looking back.
        Victor Lindelof is perhaps the best example and evidence for those who believe Mourinho still had a slim chance of making things work at United.

In summer 2018, he demanded a new central defender, a request vetoed by the club. Harry Maguire and Kalidou Koulibaly were his primary targets but considered too expensive. Mourinho knew Lindelof needed a commanding partner, someone who would attack the first ball. He told United that.

He sold Lukaku and bought Diego Costa as his main striker and brought back Drogba as backup. Plus he had Fernando Torres and Loic Remy on the books. Lukaku was still 21 and unproven at the time.

Transfers are a hit or miss sometimes. You hope that it's a good buy at the time based on the player's previous performances or their potential. Sanchez was a huge miss, but so too was Torres, Demba Ba and the list goes on. De Ligt, who was so coveted by all the big clubs, is struggling at Juventus.

Ibra and the club came to a mutual agreement to part ways after his injury.
        Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Where are Jose hit buys at Manu??? He spent a decent amount of money, Yes it is Hit and miss but when you miss on 90 percent of your buys it is going to be a problem.

I have no problem with him wanting a partner for Lindelolf but the problems is he should have known that when he was going to buy him and how about selling Smalling and Jones who didn't add much in my book.

Yes he sold Lukaka and that within itself was problem because one could say he wasn't interested in the future, he also sold maybe the best youngster who is now the best player at Man City. No doubt Jose identified the problem but it seems like most of his buys cost huge fees and money and was not delivering. His bench was Pogba, Alexis Sanchez, Baily, mata, and Matic. How much money is that sitting on the bench???

"Ibra and the club came to a mutual agreement to part ways after his injury."
          Mutual agreement because he was not going to get any game, in other words they thought he was done.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Working...
          X