No announcement yet.

David 'Calamity' DeGea .....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree to DeGea being prone to making a mess of otherwise easy saves, he is very good at saving difficult ones though.
    As to the focus should be on solely DeGea is where I disagree, having a potent striking force masked deficiencies elsewhere , and clouds our perspectives too.
    Case in point, the game against.Crystal Palace could have easily ended 2-2, did that factored in our assessment of the win?
    OGS is hindered by cognitive dissonance, he appreciates the need for speed as it relates to our forwards but seems upgraded by having snails as defenders, and for some unholy reason, insists on starting elder Matic in every single game, insomuch that energetic McTominay becomes rusty.
    Why any and every team has a shot at scoring goals against my team, and is THAT DeGea's fault too?
    Romero is a good keeper , his problem has to do with having limited reach as it pertains to shots in proximity of the two goal posts.
    Henderson is REALLY getting ahead of himself, he is one for the future.
    Not just any player will do,and a pattern attests to that, we struggle when we field the usual suspects.
    Field Mensah, Bailly,and McTominay from henceforth.
    Stick to Greenwood, and use Ighalo as substitute for the prodigy .
    OGS has to impress on his players to fight from start to end.
    Devastated by the results even after a full night sleep.
    Last edited by Rockman; July 20, 2020, 11:04 AM.

Comment

Tsleep.The cracks are there for all to see, not sure why OGS is using a different scale to assess Mensah and Bailly, both have to be infallible when inserted after being covered in cobwebs.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockman View Post
        I agree to DeGea being prone to making a mess of otherwise easy saves, he is very good at saving difficult ones though.
        As to the focus should be on solely DeGea is where I disagree, having a potent striking force masked deficiencies elsewhere , and clouds our perspectives too.
        Case in point, the game against could have easily ended 2-2, did that factored in our assessment of the win?
        OGS is hindered by cognitive dissonance, he appreciates the need for speed as it relates to our forwards but seems upgraded by having snails as defenders, and for some unholy reason, insists on starting elder Matic in every single game, insomuch that energetic McTominay becomes rusty.
        Why any and every team has a shot at scoring goals against my team, and is THAT DeGea's fault too?
        Romero is a good keeper , his problem has to do with having limited reach as it pertains to shots in proximity of the two goal posts.
        Henderson is REALLY getting ahead of himself, he is one for the future.
        Not just any player will do,and a pattern attests to that, we struggle when we field the usual suspects.
        Field Mensah, Bailly,and McTominay from henceforth.
        Stick to Greenwood, and use Ighalo as substitute for the prodigy .
        OGS has to impress on his players to fight from start to end.
        Devastated by the results even after a full night sleep.

Cognitive dissonance you say,he bought the snails or snail didnt he ?. I agree with you,the question is can he fix it ,seeing that he bought it ?

Harry Mguire !
        THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Tsleep.The cracks are there for all to see, not sure why OGS is using a different scale to assess Mensah and Bailly, both have to be infallible when inserted after being covered in cobwebs.
          Wha yuh talkin' bout Rockman? Baiily started the game and got injured. Who would you drop to start Mensah?
          "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Bailly is a defender,in essence, he was used as a wingback, besides he was a mere bench warmer prior to that.
            I would use Mensah for Lindelof, and. Bailly for McGuire.

Comment

Same way DeGea will benefit from Man U having the lion's share of possession,MaGuire too will.
              It is the players in front of him.

Comment

I keep asking him this question about Mensah. Mensah is going to be the utility player that every team needs.

I feel that there are 3 key positions that OGS needs to fill in this transfer window. Depending on his transfer budget, the number one priority should be getting a top class defender in the likes of Koulibaly. That one buy could make us a serious contender for the title while keeping him out of the hands of our competitors.

The right wing position needs quality. Whilst young Greenwood is holding down that position, he has no competition or a competent second in the event he, or any of the front three goes down injured. Young James is not cutting it. He is a good squad player and useful coming off the bench to run at tired defenders. Sancho's profile seems to fit us well, but his cost is too high. We need to scour for a cheaper alternative.

We need another creative midfielder to help take the load off Bruno and Pogba. The other teams are starting to kick Bruno out of the games. Grealish is not impressing me right now. He looks like a 20 million player. We need a nifty midfielder in the mould of a Mason Mount or a Pulisic. 30 million, no more.

Later we look to get cover for both wingbacks.
                Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Bailly is a defender,in essence, he was used as a wingback, besides he was a mere bench warmer prior to that.
                  Boss that's a recipe for disaster. As much as I like Bailly as a defender, he seems to make the headlines for the wrong reasons every time he plays. Also, he is not a vocal enough leader for our defense., in addition, Mensah has not proven to be any better a CB than those in front of him. Tuanzebe looks good in defense.
                  Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Jangle, Mensah is, according to you, not an ideal replacement for Lindelof but he has attributes that would suit him to be used as a utility player,but not Lindelof , Mensah is fast ,more agile than Lindelof, his reaction to getting beaten is quicker, and he is better able to advance the ball which is why you would see him as an ideal utility player.
                    What infraction Mensah is guilty of that Lindelof is above?
                    Last edited by Rockman; July 20, 2020, 11:52 AM.

Comment

My gripe with Lindelof is well documented,Jangle, Bailly hasn't been fielded enough to make a proper assessment, the infractions could very well be attributed to rust.
                      We are searching for a defensive pair because the anointed pair will not do, field Mensah as a defender(not as a wingback) for a few games,then make the assessment.

Comment

My issue with Mensah is that I don't trust him. Over the years, he's played in several positions without impressing in any one. He's gone out on loans to lesser teams and still not impressed, even before his injuries.

Comment

Are you saying this because Mensah and Bailly are black players? What has Mensah done for you to trust him playing CD .... in front of a leaky keeper?
                          "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Absolutely not, I was thinking the same about you in that you only have eyes for Mensah and Bailly, the same mistakes by MaGuire and Lindelof would have been defining for Mensah and Bailly.
                            Fact is of all the defenders currently on our roster, Bailly will attract the most bidders, even if the selling rate is fixed at 1 million for each of them, Bailly would ....,yet he is third in our pecking order?
                            DeGea is DeGea, and as such, must have been the same with Bailly and Mensah in front of him, but were you as critical of him back then?

Comment

Fine, the dilemma is I do not trust Lindelof or MaGuire, and neither do you which is why you are bent on replacing at least one of them.
                              All I am asking is they be used as the options they are.
                              I think Mensah is the youngest of the bunch, and apparently he figures in OGA long term plans, therefore, he has done enough...

Comment

the dilemma is I do not trust Lindelof or MaGuire,
                                £80m record signing...£190,000 per week wages...six year contract

Comment

Working...
                                X