RIP Richard "Danny Germs" Austin. You were a

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Richard "Danny Germs" Austin. You were a

troubled soul and one who did not do his many talents justice, but nonetheless you represented your country and your community with distinction, at least for a while.

Not too many Jamaicans have played at his level in multiple sports.

Dago was a disappointment but Danny Germs was a tragedy.
    "‎It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men" - Frederick Douglass

Hats off decent innings.
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Provided a lot of entertainment as footballer and cricketer.
      It was said that both himself and Herbert Chang could not handle their sudden wealth and fame and sunk into the terrible drug fiend state.
      "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

I'm concerned about Gully Bop.

BLACK LIVES MATTER

Comment

RIP Danny Germs
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Saw him hit 50 at chedwin Park in shell shield, there was a time when Austin and Mathis were among the best Jamaica had to offer.

Comment

I attended Barracks Road Primary in Montego Bay which is less than 100m from Jarrett Park and I used to skull school to go watch Jamaica play Shell Shield and Geddes Grant/Harrison Line LO cricket.

Those were the mid 1970s and Michael Holding, Herbert Chang, Jeff Dujon, Everton Mattis etc used to play cricket...saw Roy Fredericks, Gordon Greenige, Timur Mohamed play as well....that was when I became a massive fan of Danny Germs and actually used to wait for him after games and he would stop and chat to us kids and always had a joke to share.

I used to lie near the Railway station as well and recall once in 1977 I think when Arnett played a game in MoBay and they walked past our house in their gear to take the train back to Kingston and he was in the group.
              Solidarity is not a matter of well wishing, but is sharing the very same fate whether in victory or in death.
              Che Guevara.

Comment

He was a very 'nice' person.
                People person! Calm...easy to talk with...cannot remember ever seeing him cautioned on the football field. I certainly never had a reason to issue on to him...He was technically proficient...fast...and all TEAM.
                "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."

Comment

Working...
                X