If you don't believe me...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you don't believe me...

A perspective that the rest of us already know and understand, with one notable gumflapping Xception:

https://www.theguardian.com/football...ball-is-broken

Where have y'all heard this basic sentiment before (speaking about Watford but insert any under capitalized team and its the same):

Football is broken...without major structural changes in the finances of the game, or the arrival at Vicarage Road of a sheik, oligarch or nation state looking to enhance its global reputation, there is no prospect of them [i.e. weaker clubs] being able to challenge over any sort of sustained period.

Somebody needs to tell this writer about "more with less"...LOL! Even though the only way LFC challenged was by breaking their record spending levels.
    "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

You have no arguement as per the data,no one can question it.But that is not the question, the question is can the applecart be upset ?

Can you answer that,is there a theory "more with less " that Klopp and Rafa before him have expounded on that they believe can achieve this ?
    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir X View Post
      You have no arguement as per the data,no one can question it.But that is not the question, the question is can the applecart be upset ?

Can you answer that,is there a theory "more with less " that Klopp and Rafa before him have expounded on that they believe can achieve this ?
      What have Klopp and Rafa won recently with that theory? KMT. Give Klopp $300m more to spend in the window and see what happens. Him wi duss out 100+ points. That "more with less" theory you are expounding is an assine utopian image that won't work in any sustained way in football - the article makes that abundantly clear; money talks, bllsht walks!

You are now going to start beating your chest if LFC wins the UCL thinking that would be validation...but you are too daft to understand that any such success would be a false positive. It's ALL about the league dummy...cups don't count...you remember Wigan don't you? Even LFC in the UCL (2005).
      I've been telling you for YEARS that *consistent* league performance is the true measure of a team's stature...not cups...but to have that, you need depth, and to have depth, you need dallaz. It's an EXTREMELY simple equation...jes ax Rafa. But...
      "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Exactly,yuh coming along slowly,its not a quick fix theory ,or a recent results theory.Its a ((time)) consuming ((building ))theory for the faithful,no weakhearts begging arab money ,suh exclude yuhself.

Klopp- Liverpool

Football League Cup runner-up: 2015–16
        UEFA Europa League runner-up: 2015–16
        UEFA Champions League runner-up: 2017–18
        UEFA Champions League Final 2018-19 ....?

The money is coming in,watch next season from under yuh rock .

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir X View Post
          Exactly,yuh coming along slowly,its not a quick fix theory ,or a recent results theory.Its a ((time)) consuming ((building ))theory for the faithful,no weakhearts begging arab money ,suh exclude yuhself.

Klopp- Liverpool

Football League Cup runner-up: 2015–16
          UEFA Europa League runner-up: 2015–16
          UEFA Champions League runner-up: 2017–18
          UEFA Champions League Final 2018-19 ....?

The money is coming in,watch next season from under yuh rock .
          Your brazen stupidity knows no bounds. Far be it from you to admit that you are talking out of two sides of your arse as usual - jes ax HL. As for "weakhearts" - where was your heart on Sept 4, 2012? Dyam eejit. Who were the owners then? You talk about this being a "long term" thing, yet not even a year into FSG term, you run gawn, now yu a kiss dem b#tty a chat bear fawt bout "long term". LOL!! Long term...he he he...

Comment

Ouch ! someone corn get mash,and anuh mine.

Comment

The point that you seem to miss is that what you a talking about is really an "outlier" result (the applecart being upset). Empirical evidence CLEARLY shows as PM stated" Money talks and bllsht walks" if you are looking for sustainable long term competitiveness. The FA Cup final was a genuine embarrassment to football... I stopped watching when two goals were scored! Game done long time... but I started out with my X hat on...looking and hoping for a "more with less" miracle!
              Peter R

Comment

Really I missed it , so what does this mean ....You have no arguement as per the data,no one can question it.But that is not the question, the question is can the applecart be upset ?

This is my first post in response to his thread opener.

Comment

The answer to your question, which I thought I at least indicated (an outlier result) is "yes". But the evidence points out that this is not sustainable; to compete sustainably requires a significant injection of cash.
                  Peter R

Comment

Exactly ,but Pety isnt that the name of the game "cash".I cant think of any scenario where its not a factor in football.The question is can a club without the immediate injection of cash, find a route to achieve sustainability of competing with richer clubs ? i.e more with less, as I spelt out previously , this must be the 100th year ,Man U knocked us off our perch by doing that , we are currently raking in money and purchasing players that we once dreamt of.

Look it didnt come out of Paul a$$, like he wants us to believe or any ones else,no it didnt fall out of the sky and no it wasnt free arab money.

The owners bought modestly,the talent performed, the value increased, they sold 1 guy and made a boat load of money, invested it back into the club by purchasing 3 world class players.

But thats not the end of it , not only did we buy modestly e.g Robertson left back for 10 mill, now worth 60mill, we promoted from the academy Trent Arnold now worth 60 mill.

All that is due to players performing,not that we spent lavishly,they had to perform as a holistic team.

Again 1st a World Class manager,2nd getting more out of less in contrast to some of our adversaries and 3rd players performing.The value of the club has increased and we are on the way to "consistently sustain being competitive". also "consistently" raking in boat loads of money.

The proof is we are in our 2nd C.L final in 2 years and were beaten by a point by City.

In this day and age of multi billion dollar clubs of which the Prem boasts 6, that is consistence, compared to the 60 -90s when it was only 2, us and Man U,its remarkable.
                    Last edited by Sir X; May 23, 2019, 07:07 PM.

Comment

Boss your theory of "more with less" is not sustainable in this era of the EPL. Tottenham got a bag of money from the Gareth Bale sale and what have they won since? Chel$ki didn't win sh!t until Abramovich washed his money by buying the club. Mansh!tty was a regular mid-table club flirting with relegation until dem buck dem toe and fell into a lake of oil. Lillypool would have still been competing with us, Everton, The Gummers and Wolves for 6th place if they never stick up Barthalona on the Couthinho deal.

Southampton, Everton, Leciester (winning the EPL trophy was an anomaly), West Ham have struggled with the "more with less" policy and have been consistent mid-table teams. Mr. Chin came in and bought Wolves in 2016 and injected a bag of money and dim sum. In two years of being promoted they finished 7th ahead of seasoned premier league teams. They will be a serious threat for top six next season.
                      Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Stap wasting your breath Jangle.

"....there is none so blind--an he who refuses to see."
                        The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Guys jealosy will get you nowhere,as for spurs not wiing a thing since Garth sale,they came close,been in the top 4 ever since,built a brand new stadium,as for us this is our 2nd champions league final and been in the top 4 ,also before that we were in a Europa league final.

One of us will win the champions league final next week,then what,ohhh I know,it was an anamoly.Barca will tell you,LFC is the wrong club to bet against.

Comment

Last week the wife seh to me she want me sex her like Liverpool. Me seh wah? Sex yuh like Liverpool? She seh yes, me want yuh stay long pon top and come second.
                            Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Tell her say yuh leff Man U because dem a jinx yuh, till yuh caan perform and yuh a pick up the liverpool vibes fi give her a champions league performance and knock her out.

Comment

Working...
                              X