Wayne Rooney announces England retirement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wayne Rooney announces England retirement

Wayne Rooney, England's all-time top scorer, has announced his immediate retirement from international football.

http://www.espnfc.us/world-cup-quali...and-retirement
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Good run Captain Rooney. Concentrate on getting that second place trophy with Everstrong.
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

So glad he got rid of the luggage, it was the only questionable area of his career, and yea, he was England's finest.

Comment

Originally posted by Rockman View Post
        So glad he got rid of the luggage, it was the only questionable area of his career, and yea, he was England's finest.
        " it was the only questionable area of his career"

Huh?
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

He is a remarkable player, but his bid for being a World class player overwhelmingly has to do with club ball,it could very well be having a poor supporting cast,but at the end of the day, England's shortfalls hindered..

Comment

Originally posted by Rockman View Post
            He is a remarkable player, but his bid for being a World class player overwhelmingly has to do with club ball,it could very well be having a poor supporting cast,but at the end of the day, England's shortfalls hindered..
            Did the international careers of George Best, Giggs, George Weah to name a few hindered them being considered one of the best? The fact is Rooney finsihed his int'l career as England's leading scorer. It is not his fault that various managers moved him on the the left wing to accommodate Sturridge or moved him into midfield to play Bent as a striker when Rooney was a better striker than both.

World Cups come around and useless players like Gareth Barry and another one who used to play for Spurs was taken to the WC, when significantly better player like Carrick was left at home. Rooney played the cards he was dealt ..... I think Lineker said it best ....
            Everton forward 'under-appreciated', says Gary Lineker

Comment

Point taken,but I doubt very much it matters to football fans outside England.., and of course those fans will not question his illustrious club career. .

Comment

This was always the problem which prevented England from achieving success..... "Euro 2004 in a squad containing Frank Lampard, John Terry, Michael Owen, Steven Gerrard, Gary Neville, Paul Scholes, David Beckham and Ashley Cole."

Successive coaches didn't know who to leave out of the midfield with 4 world class players in the team.
                Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Have to give credit where it is due. Rooney is a good player. Scratch that. Rooney is an excellent football player.

I still cannot get over that bicycle kick where he scored against City in (I think it was the Community Shield match).
                  The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Originally posted by HL View Post
                    Have to give credit where it is due. Rooney is a good player. Scratch that. Rooney is an excellent football player.

I still cannot get over that bicycle kick where he scored against City in (I think it was the Community Shield match).
                    No ... t'was a league game.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
                      No ... t'was a league game.
                      t'was............t'was...................

A notice the wholeaunu find unu vice. Alla twang tu.

"Top of the leage...you having a laugh....."

...yes, I recall the game now...y'all won that one.

.............t'was...

Keep it up Lazie
                      The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Originally posted by HL View Post
                        t'was............t'was...................

A notice the wholeaunu find unu vice. Alla twang tu.

"Top of the leage...you having a laugh....."

...yes, I recall the game now...y'all won that one.

.............t'was...

Keep it up Lazie
                        LOL!!! ....Dude ... I've said nothing about this season. I could have sworn we were taking about a game from the era of Fergie.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
                          Wayne Rooney, England's all-time top scorer, has announced his immediate retirement from international football.

http://www.espnfc.us/world-cup-quali...and-retirement
                          How can you retire from something that has already retired you?
                          No need to thank me forumites.

Comment

LOL
                            Peter R

Comment

Regardless, Rooney has a record that cannot be argued with, and he was always willing to go where he was sent.... ("home" was never an option, though England were sent "home" during his tenure (not saying that was his fault)).

I wish him success (except in the LFC derbies), especially against his old employers!
                              Peter R

Comment

Working...
                              X