Assassin and HL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Assassin and HL

This weekend Atlanta "Couldn't think of an original name" United plays the NY Product Placements on Sunday. Enquiring minds would like to know.....who will you guys be backing this season?

And please don't be a weasel like Jangle was when NYFC came into the league. I asked the man who he would be supporting now that there were two teams in his backyard and you know what his response was? "Whoever wins because I am a winner." Clearly not a man you'd want by your side in a war.

I know Assassin and HL you are both, unlike your colleague, two honorable forumites. So I expect a firm endorsement of one side or the other and not some Jangle-esque mealy-mouthed response. So who are you with? The Cows or the New Choke Artists? Thanks in advance.
    No need to thank me forumites.

TK, when I lived in New Jersey I supported the NJ MetroStars. I had season tickets to see them . [I still have a MetroStars Mike Petke jersey as well as a Clint Mathis bobble head doll stored away someplace].

In those days, Mark Chung, Steve Jolley, Richie Williams, Tim Howard were some of the great MetroStars players............................

Then they changed to Red Bulls and I dropped them like a hot brick.

I recall you and I had a great MetroStars/DC United rivalry. I have pictures of Balla, #1Fan, Matta and me at some of these derby games.

Fast forward. I migrated south.

So Atlanta got a MLS franchise. It's natural that I support my current hometown team. I went ahead and got season tickets to see my new team. I went as far as joining what they call their Founders Club.

Looking forward to being at my new team's first game this weekend. I dislike the name & team RedBull so I am looking forward to them getting a hiding.

Thanks for the memories TK!!!
    The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Originally posted by HL View Post
      I dislike the name & team RedBull so I am looking forward to them getting a hiding.
      HL you had me at hello. lol.

Yes many great memories from those days. I remember DC winning so many trophies and the Metro Punks winning......oh wait.

Balla, matta and #1 fan. 3 great forumites. Really miss some of the old foundation members. They brought alot to the discourse and general upbeat vibes on the forum. Hope those guys are doing well in life wherever they are.

I see that OJ has thrown down the gauntlet to you and the rest of the AUFC crew. For now I'll delegate the responsibility of crushing your expansion dreams to the smaller clubs like Toronto. Maybe if you show yourself worthy against the dregs of MLS one day you too can have the honor of losing to DC United in the playoffs like so many before you. Until then I wish you and the rest of Atlanta nothing but late blown leads. So many that even the Falcons will be embarrassed for you.

As for the Red Bulls this sunday......please....please.....I beg you.......BOX DEM TO HELL!

I want The Cows disbanded before I enter the grave. This is not even hyperbole. I don't want them to exist. Please strike the first blow for football this weekend. Maybe with enough years without a cup they'll have no choice but to fold. Until then we must all be "United" against this scourge of a club.

P.S. Seriously get your own damn name. There is only one UNITED and it's the one with 13 trophies over the last 20 years. Not some hurry come up playing on astro turf.

Comment

HL - do you like living in Atlanta or NJ better? I used to live in Montclaire, NJ right on Valley Road next to the university. Can't say I misses it...must be because I am further away from those finicky fans up there.
        "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Classical T.K. The forum is nothing without you.

I recall the ATL United owners sent out a request for names for the new club to the Foundation members. I think they had a list to select from. I too was kinda disappointed with the United decision. Over time it became easy on the ear.

The ATL squad is an age mix. Did you know that one of their striker is Jones from T&T? He has lots of mileage on him.

Maybe as a protest, I will wear the red and black vertical striped MetroStars jersey. After all, it is similar to the new ATL united home jersey.

Oh, nex time yuh see Jangle...slap him for me............

HL

Comment

I lived in East Brunswick (near Rutgers). Then moved to East Windsor (near Princeton). I worked in Plainsboro. They call it central jersey.

I think you were near Montclaire State University.

I visited NJ 2 time since I left. On each occasion I heard myself saying naaah....naaaaah...... meaning I would NOT return to that life style. Too congested.

I visited my brother in Brooklyn and the naaaah was even more emphatic!!

Quality of life mean different things to different people. For me, the slower pace, the much more open space, the milder weather, the more courteous folks are just some of the reasons I prefer the south.

HL

Comment

I lived right on the border of NY/NJ Spring Valley. Been to MontClair a few times.

I lived in NY when I was single and I enjoyed it a lot. Now I am married and I am a family man, Georgia is good.
              • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
                I lived right on the border of NY/NJ Spring Valley. Been to MontClair a few times.

I lived in NY when I was single and I enjoyed it a lot. Now I am married and I am a family man, Georgia is good.
                Glad to see you grew up and moved to a more respectable part of the country Sass. Safe to assume you are Atlanta United all the way this Sunday?

Comment

I'm just seeing this post. T.K. I still find it hard to muster up any passion for MLS football. However, since NY have two teams, I support The NY Redbulls, in passing, as I cannot bring myself to support the other bandooloo team because of it's affiliations.

That dump called RFK Stadium....needs to be torn down and its remains left to the "Buzzard". How's Fredy Adu doing these days? Did he make enough money in his "playing" days to collect Social Security?
                  Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Jangle View Post
                    I'm just seeing this post. T.K. I still find it hard to muster up any passion for MLS football. However, since NY have two teams, I support The NY Redbulls, in passing, as I cannot bring myself to support the other bandooloo team because of it's affiliations.

That dump called RFK Stadium....needs to be torn down and its remains left to the "Buzzard". How's Fredy Adu doing these days? Did he make enough money in his "playing" days to collect Social Security?
                    Jangle who asked you to enter this thread? This is a thread for decent people looking to conduct business. Unfortunately it looks like X is unwilling to sell his services to me so I guess I have to do the next best thing and sacrifice a chicken myself. Not sure how this goat mout' curse is suppose to work but through trial and error I should have it figured out. Hopefully I don't accidentally deep six my side in the process. Or mi self fi dat matta'! Backsiiiiide. Obeah is a serious ting.

As for RFK it will be vacated in 2018 when we finally....FINALLY.....have a brand spanking new stadium. I would be lying if I said I wasn't excited. But also sad to leave old RFK as well but you can't stop progress. The rest of the league is in trouble the coming years now that we control the purse strings. League ago dead. Deader than dessert at Fat Camp.

Sorry you feel so lukewarm about MLS Jangle. Hope you're willing to give it a second chance one day. The new roster rules really have loosened up the purse strings for the clubs. Lots of South and Central American flavor entering this go round. Quality internationals. I am excited to see MLS 3.0. I think it will surprise it's fair share of skeptics this and the upcoming years.

As for you and your waggonist self....tek dis box.

(sorry couldn't help myself lol)

Comment

The problem that "I" have with watching the games, is the viewing time. After a lifetime of scheduling my life around the English Premier League, it's very hard for an old goat like me to change. Adding the MLS schedule to my viewing time will surely lead to divorce in my house. I know that the standard and quality have risen over the years, and I am glad that it's expanding as I think the MLS is the best option for the development of Jamaican players AND coaches. And yes....I am a waggonist that will not support DC United.....unless they have Jamaican players.
                      Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

Comment

Adding the MLS schedule to my viewing time will surely lead to divorce in my house.
                        Can never fault someone for choosing family over ball.

Comment

I think you should encourage this T.K. personality over your H.L. one. How's your Benjamin personality doing when he surfaces? Hail him up fi me.

Comment

I think you should encourage this T.K. personality over your H.L. one. How's your Benjamin personality doing when he surfaces? Hail him up fi me.
                            Back to this chupidness again I see. Between you and Gamma I have been accused of having 83 different personalities on the forum. The two of you are some real........

Comment

Working...
                            X