$1 billion generated from Reggae Sumfest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• $1 billion generated from Reggae Sumfest

Montego Bay has been on the receiving end of a much-needed cash windfall.

That’s according to Tourism Minister Edmund Bartlett who has indicated that $1 billion was generated at the just concluded Reggae Sumfest music festival held at the Catherine Hall Entertainment Complex in Montego Bay, St James

“This year was arguably the largest Reggae Sumfest in terms of attendance from both local and overseas guests. On the visitor arrival side, we saw approximately 10,000 people coming to the island for the festival which is an increase of 3,000 over last year. More importantly, we estimate the revenue impact from the festival to be $1 billion based on average room nights stay of locals and visitors and taxes,” said Bartlett through a press release from his ministry.

http://www.loopjamaica.com/content/1...utGytPmOLLn-lA
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

...and they did it without an 'international night'.
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

They thinking of moving it...

Comment

Originally posted by OJ View Post
        They thinking of moving it...
        Not going anywhere.
        "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

very rare they move these festivals and it survive. They tried that with Sunsplash, Jazz and Blues and others. The only one I know survive is Rebel Salute. I will just say to them do it with caution.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

yes and they got a bump with the buju thing which they cant count on.

Comment

Working...
            X