Don1 and crew

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Assasin View Post
    Mi think you and your organization needed partners to work with to make STEM technology better.

Sorry my bad.
    Yes but HEART is not the answer. The skills that agency develops do not meet the minimum technical standards for our projects. My regrets
    TIVOLI: THE DESTRUCTION OF JAMAICA'S EVIL EMPIRE

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

D1 - Xposing Dummies since 2007

Comment

no one institution is the answer.
      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Reggaedoc View Post
        So Sass do you think that if Alan Emtage, the Barbadian mathematician who invented internet search had gone to a trade school in Barbados we would have a Google today?
        What is possible, HEART producing an Alan Emtage based on HEART subjects and curricula?. Whats wrong with you Sass?

Comment

I don't know what is HEART subject.
          As I told you HEART provides a 2 year degree in high school which is a fast track to a college degree. The degrees are approved by colleges in the US. Did you read the link I gave you? So two year out of high school in the CAP program you can have a BA or BS depend on the subject.

HEART also provides remedial skills for kids who need it. It will give a better chance to get a job or get into college.

What if she never go a HEART? By the way this is my friend so she didn't have to tell me the story.

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/magaz...ome-true_90197

This more often than not the story upon leaving high school. Have no money to go on, parents not that supportive and maybe a youth. She spent 1 year and was able to get a scholarship. Most people I know who went to HEART either end up getting a Bachelor, Masters and some get PHD. Yes there are some that are satisfied with just training a job or entrepreneurship.

Here is course for teachers with graduate degrees
          https://vtdi.heart-nta.org/Programme...n-and-Training

https://vtdi.heart-nta.org/About-VTDI/History. Please go to programs and look and then stop talking about HEART subjects.

Most of the courses at HEART are certified in the US or UK. There are some very short term classes which are demanded skill course. that maybe what you refer to as HEART subjects.
          Last edited by Assasin; July 6, 2020, 11:26 PM.
          • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

yes to you to partner with HEART, not about you.

Comment

I don't know what is HEART subject.
              As I told you HEART provides a 2 year degree in high school which is a fast track to a college degree. The degrees are approved by colleges in the US. Did you read the link I gave you? So two year out of high school in the CAP program you can have a BA or BS depend on the subject.

HEART also provides remedial skills for kids who need it. It will give a better chance to get a job or get into college.

What if she never go a HEART? By the way this is my friend so she didn't have to tell me the story.

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/magaz...ome-true_90197

This more often than not the story upon leaving high school. Have no money to go on, parents not that supportive and maybe a youth. She spent 1 year and was able to get a scholarship. Most people I know who went to HEART either end up getting a Bachelor, Masters and some get PHD. Yes there are some that are satisfied with just training a job or entrepreneurship.

Here is course for teachers with graduate degrees
              https://vtdi.heart-nta.org/Programme...n-and-Training

https://vtdi.heart-nta.org/About-VTDI/History. Please go to programs and look and then stop talking about HEART subjects.

Most of the courses at HEART are certified in the US or UK. There are some very short term classes which are demanded skill course. that maybe what you refer to as HEART subjects.
              Most people you know from HEART get BS, Master's and PhD in STEM fields?

Comment

I never said in the STEM field.

How does this come about? Don1 often talk about STEM and I said he would partner with them for a better STEM program if he wish. Education is education. I know a few of them who have it in the STEM field.

HEART does work in all areas of education and training, not specific to STEM alone.

Comment

How does this come about? Don1 often talk about STEM and I said he would partner with them for a better STEM program if he wish. Education is education. I know a few of them who have it in the STEM field.

HEART does work in all areas of education and training, not specific to STEM alone.
                  Sass I respect what HEART does and the lane they run in. It's a valuable institution for JA as the skill levels are abysmal and need a basic upgrade.

However the skills we're enabling kids 11-18 y.o to learn in an experiential environment where they self-learn by designing and creating actual products are far superior to whatever HEART could offer that cohort.

Consequently HEART has no value in our particular line of work. So please shut off your HEART chatbox re our operations. Just the truth with no disrespect intended.

Recognizing the victims of Jamaica's horrendous criminality and exposing the Dummies like Dippy supporting criminals by their deeds.. or their silence.

Comment

no one institution is the answer.
                    That's why we need much better education & training institutions than what's available in JA.

The current institutions and training opportunities available in JA are just not advanced enough to cope with preparation for a world run by automation.AI/Robotics etc.

All this is assuming that JA aspires to a future better than an economy dependent on remittances and low-value tourism.

Such activities do not require high skill levels. In many cases in economies like JA there is no requirement for any particular skill...just a low-value "certificate" if that much

We're in an Knowledge Age and JA is dominated by ignorance. This is a prescription for continued failure despite the excited yapping of JLPNP tribalists who have zero understanding of the real world outside their pimpdom in JA
                    Last edited by Don1; July 7, 2020, 11:14 AM.

Comment

yes to you to partner with HEART, not about you.
                      Ok so who would do that partnering work? Not me? This is a non-profit/volunteer initiative. Yuh tink man ave staff fi deal wid tings??

Do you know what it takes and how much time is consumed to "partner" with a govt agency??? Even for basic communications much less program deployment?

Talk is cheap yuteman..Thanks but save your advice about what I "should do" for someone else

Comment

gwan make it about you. Good luck with your venture boss.

Comment

Don't quite know what illogical idea you're driving at but finding solutions to Jamaica's problems definitely has nothing to do with you

But you're excellent at yapping illogically
                          Last edited by Don1; July 7, 2020, 02:30 PM.

Comment

The CAP program is from 16-18.

However once in the STEM labs are in the high school it can be used by the younger students if properly planned. However I am done with this now.

Comment

Education is education?.
                              Look no amount of PhDs in hospitalty management, cosmetology, special ed, speech therapy, cookery, DJing etc is going to get us out of the rut our country finds itself in. Good quality education with advanced degrees in STEM areas stands a better chance. So cut out the BS about education is education. Now, I am not saying we dont need HEART. It gives otherwise mediocre students a chance to better their lives. That might sound elitist but that is exactly what I want it to be. Educate the people in elite subjects of science and technology. No apology from me!.

Comment

As usual did you read anything I said? Don1 is talking about STEM and I said there is possibility for him to partner with HEART in this area? What is so bad about that?

HEART give a lot of people opportunity in various areas not just the ones you defind but your bias will only attack that. Nobody is saying HEART is the end all for STEM in Jamaica but there is an opportunity it can reach some Jamaicans and give them a start in this area and sky's the limit.

I am done with this.

Comment

Working...
                                X