RBSC

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So as expected, Chris Smalling will not go to Russia!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So as expected, Chris Smalling will not go to Russia!

Based on what I've seen this season, he deserves to be there ahead of every other central defender. The manager said he wanted defenders who are ball players .... fine. But what happens when you have to defend?

I did a squaka comparison of all the cds including smalling and guess who got the best rating? Anyways ....

England's 23-person World Cup squad

Goalkeepers: Jordan Pickford (Everton), Jack Butland (Stoke City), Nick Pope (Burnley)

Defenders: John Stones (Manchester City), Gary Cahill (Chelsea), Kyle Walker (Manchester City), Harry Maguire (Leicester City), Kieran Trippier (Tottenham Hotspur), Danny Rose (Tottenham Hotspur), Ashley Young (Manchester United), Phil Jones (Manchester United), Trent Alexander-Arnold (Liverpool),

Midfielders: Eric Dier (Tottenham Hotspur), Dele Alli (Tottenham Hotspur), Jordan Henderson (Liverpool), Jesse Lingard (Manchester United), Ruben Loftus-Cheek (Chelsea), Raheem Sterling (Manchester City), Fabian Delph (Manchester City)

Forwards: Harry Kane (Tottenham Hotspur), Jamie Vardy (Leicester City), Danny Welbeck (Arsenal), Marcus Rashford (Manchester United)
    "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
    Based on what I've seen this season, he deserves to be there ahead of every other central defender. The manager said he wanted defenders who are ball players .... fine. But what happens when you have to defend?

I did a squaka comparison of all the cds including smalling and guess who got the best rating? Anyways ....

England's 23-person World Cup squad

Goalkeepers: Jordan Pickford (Everton), Jack Butland (Stoke City), Nick Pope (Burnley)

Defenders: John Stones (Manchester City), Gary Cahill (Chelsea), Kyle Walker (Manchester City), Harry Maguire (Leicester City), Kieran Trippier (Tottenham Hotspur), Danny Rose (Tottenham Hotspur), Ashley Young (Manchester United), Phil Jones (Manchester United), Trent Alexander-Arnold (Liverpool),

Midfielders: Eric Dier (Tottenham Hotspur), Dele Alli (Tottenham Hotspur), Jordan Henderson (Liverpool), Jesse Lingard (Manchester United), Ruben Loftus-Cheek (Chelsea), Raheem Sterling (Manchester City), Fabian Delph (Manchester City)

Forwards: Harry Kane (Tottenham Hotspur), Jamie Vardy (Leicester City), Danny Welbeck (Arsenal), Marcus Rashford (Manchester United)
    And what did squaqa say about Phil Jones? Really? Jones? Is so t'ings bad ah Englan'?
    "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Marin View Post
      And what did squaqa say about Phil Jones? Really? Jones? Is so t'ings bad ah Englan'?
      Smalling had a better season than Jones. How Harry Maguire mek side ahead of Smalling? The man has been there in all MU's important game all season. Stones was in and out of Citeh's lineup. Cahill was out as Conte used others instead.

If you want to make an argument that Jones should not be there .... fine. My argument is that Smalling has been MU's main defender all season .. and cannot make this England side?
      "Jamaica's future reflects its past, having attained only one per cent annual growth over 30 years whilst neighbours have grown at five per cent." (Article)

Comment

Congrats to players like Trent Alexander-Arnold and Ruben Loftus-Cheek on making the squad.

Comment

England team lacks creativity watch this space England

Will not beat Panama
          "Everyone who knows me understands that I hold no prejudices in this regard....In the family atmosphere of the {RBSC}telethon, I forget that not everyone knows me that well." ....attributed to Jerry Lewis....

Comment

Originally posted by PeeJay View Post
            Will not beat Panama
            Lack creativity? Why? Because of Wilshire? I have the Belgians winning the group, but can this England team be written off?

Comment

Never supported Englad...but must admit they are hard working bunch.
              The only time TRUTH will hurt you...is if you ignore it long enough

HL

Comment

Originally posted by Lazie View Post
                Smalling had a better season than Jones. How Harry Maguire mek side ahead of Smalling? The man has been there in all MU's important game all season. Stones was in and out of Citeh's lineup. Cahill was out as Conte used others instead.

If you want to make an argument that Jones should not be there .... fine. My argument is that Smalling has been MU's main defender all season .. and cannot make this England side?
                That's because Manu** is not a big club.
                Last edited by Paul Marin; May 16, 2018, 05:48 PM.
                "H.L & Brick .....mi deh pan di wagon (Man City)" - X_____ http://www.reggaeboyzsc.com/forum1/showthread.php?p=378365&highlight=City+Liverpool#p ost378365

X DESCRIBES HIMSELF - Stop masquerading as if you have the clubs interest at heart, you are a fraud, always was and always will be in any and every thing that you present...

Comment

Mcguire is steady at defending. Smalling maybe better going forward but Mcguire hardly take any beating.
                  • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

I agree with P.besides Lingard, i dont see it , none of them have the peripheral vision like a Shelvey, Lingard is more of a dribbler.

I have to take back my chat, 1st round exit.

Thats PJ.
                    THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

They lack more than just creativity. Most of these players are average Workman like players and if Karry Kane play like how he play in the Euros they don't stand a chance.
                      • Don't let negative things break you, instead let it be your strength, your reason for growth. Life is for living and I won't spend my life feeling cheated and downtrodden.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Marin View Post
                        That's because Manu** is not a big club.
                        Agreed, not a big club. MU is THE BIG CLUB.

Comment

Working...
                        X