Richie Stephens' mission to save ska

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Richie Stephens' mission to save ska

Richie Stephens says he is saddened by the absence of ska on Jamaican's musical platforms.

“We are not celebrating our music here, and it saddens me. I think there is a place for it. It is a well rated music, put ska on a jazz festival and it still holds up, you can put ska on a rock festival and it will hold up. Every where I go in the world they are playing it and celebrating it and playing it in parties and dancing to it. I do not see why it can’t happen in Jamaica,” he bemoans to The Gleaner.

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/e...ssion-save-ska
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015

I agree with him as I agree with Sir X who has been an ardent advocate for this.

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

He needs more horns in his presentation, more instrumentals.
      THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

one step at a time nuh man.

I bet yuh knee used to chip up as a yute as yuh a try run before you coulda even crawl ….

Infidelity does not consist in believing, or in disbelieving; it consists in professing to believe what he does not believe. Thomas Paine

Comment

Wasn't that true for all of us.😏
          THERE IS ONLY ONE ONANDI LOWE!

"Good things come out of the garrisons" after his daughter won the 100m Gold For Jamaica.

"It therefore is useless and pointless, unless it is for share malice and victimisation to arrest and charge a 92-year-old man for such a simple offence. There is nothing morally wrong with this man smoking a spliff; the only thing wrong is that it is still on the law books," said Chevannes.

Comment

Working...
          X