Jawge I know you coach girls so I post this for you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jawge I know you coach girls so I post this for you

<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; LINE-HEIGHT: 12.95pt"><SPAN class=articletitle1>Jawge....I have had this for the 5-6 years and from time to time will use this as a reference to grade myself as I look ahead at the next step for my girls teams. It is nice rough guideline. I cut and paste from my msword file. Hopefully you can use it as a guide for whatever age group you are with now. - T.K.</SPAN><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; LINE-HEIGHT: 12.95pt"><SPAN class=articletitle1></SPAN><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; LINE-HEIGHT: 12.95pt"><SPAN class=articletitle1>Introduction and Phase I of Player Development (U-12)</SPAN><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 8.5pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana"> </SPAN><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; LINE-HEIGHT: 12.95pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 8.5pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana">
    </SPAN><SPAN class=articlesubtitle1><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 9pt">The curriculum for developing player skills must be appropriate for each age level</SPAN></SPAN><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 8.5pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana"> <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o></SPAN><DIV class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; LINE-HEIGHT: 12.95pt; TEXT-ALIGN: center" align=center><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 8.5pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana"><HR align=center width="100%" SIZE=1></SPAN></DIV><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; LINE-HEIGHT: 12.95pt"><SPAN class=articlestory1><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 8.5pt">The articles in the Phases of Player Development series are from a report by the staff of the </SPAN></SPAN><?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comffice:smarttags" /><st1:country-region><st1lace><SPAN class=articlestory1><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 8.5pt">U.S.</SPAN></SPAN></st1lace></st1:country-region><SPAN class=articlestory1><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 8.5pt"> Women's National Team.</SPAN></SPAN><SPAN class=articlestory1><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 8.5pt"> <o></o></SPAN></SPAN>

The success of the U.S. Women’s National Team program is largely dependent on the quality of the programs that feed into it. True player development occurs when each player’s daily training and playing environment is of the highest quality. If this environment is consistent, with a clear vision of what lies ahead for each player, development is then maximized.

Toward that end, the National Team staff has put together a list of curriculum guidelines for the U-12 through U-19 age groups at the club, state and regional team levels. The purpose is to:<P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; LINE-HEIGHT: 12.95pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 8.5pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Symbol; mso-ascii-font-family: Verdana">·</SPAN><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 8.5pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana"><SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </SPAN><SPAN class=articlestory1>Educate coaches as to the standard of play and expectations for each age.<o></o></SPAN></SPAN><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; LINE-HEIGHT: 12.95pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 8.5pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Symbol; mso-ascii-font-family: Verdana">·</SPAN><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 8.5pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Verdana"><SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"> </SPAN><SPAN class=articlestory1>Provide coaches with a framework with which to organize curriculum decisions.<o></o></SPAN></SPAN><P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; LINE-HEIGHT: 12.95pt"><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 8.5pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Symbol; mso-ascii-font-family: Verdana">·</SPAN><SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 8.5pt; COLOR: bl
    No need to thank me forumites.
Working...
X