Idle sugar estates have great tourism potential

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idle sugar estates have great tourism potential

Many sugar factories have an interesting history, and other fascinating things about them that I am sure could be packaged and used to attract tourists. Most sugar factories have great houses, once used by planters and later by plantation staff, and which could be renovated and used in several ways as a part of the tours. Some plantations have several houses that can be conditioned to provide rooms for tourists and others who wish to overnight, or stay for longer periods. I believe the Ministry of Industry, Commerce, Agriculture, and Fisheries should collaborate with the Ministry of Tourism to transform aspects of the idle sugar production facilities in Jamaica into a valuable tourism product, which I have no doubt a large enough sector of the tourism market would be interested in.

https://www.jamaicaobserver.com/edit...4?profile=1234
    Hey .. look at the bright side .... at least you're not a Liverpool fan! - Lazie 2/24/10 Paul Marin -19 is one thing, 20 is a whole other matter. It gets even worse if they win the UCL. *groan*. 05/18/2011.MU fans naah cough, but all a unuh a vomit?-Lazie 1/11/2015
Working...
X